Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM

26,337 posts, read 49,340,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
Yes, we're measuring for new drapes in the White House right now...
A nice shade of blue, perhaps? You Betcha!

But before Obama moves in, he should should have the place professionally sanitized - with a flamethrower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,861,372 times
Bachmann has been a regular on CNN this season. I have seen her on Larry King numerous times. She knew very well what she was getting into. She is one of those right wing radicals who has diarrhea of the mouth and is so righteous that she cannot conceive of looking at the world from any angle other than her own.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:33 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,935,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Too bad Bachmann only watches Fox. Bachmann thought she was going to be thrown "softballs". It's probably caused her reelection.

Clip:
Bachmann told the St. Cloud Times on Tuesday that she "made a big mistake" by going on MSNBC's "Hardball," a show she said she'd never seen before her appearance last week. Her statement to host Chris Matthews that Obama "may have anti-American views" drew condemnation and helped her opponent, Democrat Elwyn Tinklenberg, raise more than $1 million in just a few days.
During an interview with the Times' editorial board, Bachmann said she walked into a trap and did not bring up the term "anti-American." Still, she said, "I should not have used that phrase."
Earlier in the day, Bachmann told St. Cloud Rotary Club members she would like to "take back" the statement.
...Bachmann said Tuesday she probably should have watched "Hardball" to see what it was like before she went on it.
Print Story: Minn. rep calls talk show appearance `big mistake' - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081022/ap_on_el_ho/minnesota_congresswoman/print;_ylt=AteW9z4oXIa3G3H_o4vv7cNh24cA - broken link)
Sheesh, what a tool.

Here's how she could have easily gotten out of that "trap": "I feel that every American shows his/her love of country in different ways" "Some of those ways I don't agree with and wouldn't do myself, but I certainly respect their right to do so."

Don't see why that's so hard for people like Bachmann to understand. Oh wait, because they don't really feel that way. Trap set, trap sprung.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:39 AM

31,702 posts, read 41,178,320 times
I saw it live from start to finish and my draw dropped. I was watching on a DVR and replayed in several times for myself and my wife. The reality is she thought she was being cute and calling Obama out and had a smirky presence as she did it. She let her smugness get in the way and didn't THINK about what she was being asked and was going to make a strong statement and did. She knew what she was saying it just didn't get the reaction she thought. If you are a member of congress and are not familiar with MSNB or Hardball then that says a lot. If you failed to research or check before going on that says the rest. It is like some of the Rightie posters in here who spend there time in blogs agreeing with each other and then come in here and wonder WTH is going on. You mean people actually like Obama who aren't minority and on welfare?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:58 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,872,326 times
Finally, finally, the "real Americans" are waking up! Those would be the Americans who;

Had their job sent overseas while their corporate CEO reaped a golden parachute,

Their kids are getting their a**** blown off in a country that most of them couldn't find on a map if their lives depended on it,

Are finding out that their insurance company's accounting department only has an IN box, but no OUT box,

Are seeing their roads, schools and other infrastructure crumble because their state leg's took a "no new taxes" pledge,

Can't use their public library because it's only open when they're at work because their city council took the same pledge, but then built them a hockey arena,

Can't afford their light and heat bill because "deregulation will bring prices down for everyone",

Hear about "class warfare" and somehow thought that middle class people were going to be the staff officers, not the cannon fodder.

Unfortunately for the Rs, this time around they haven't been able to convince the voters that two men kissing is the biggest danger they face. They discovered the party of small government, free enterprise and and "ownership society" meant the exact opposite.

I knew the end was nigh for the right wing wailers when I overheard a couple of 50+ ladies in a restaurant. They were both wearing Obama buttons but talking about Rush's show that day. I had to ask as it seemed a bit incongruous, to say the least

Here's what they told me;they take turns listening (also to Hannity and Savage and watching Fox news-turns out there's a number of them that do this) and making notes, then they research THE FACTS and do an email blast to everyone on their email list. Their email list includes all of their family members, church and other social club members, their kids and grandkids.

Ahhhh, educating people about the truth. This will spell the end of the hard right wing of the Republican Party. Maybe now the normal people can re-take control like many of us did in the Democratic Party.

It's funny that when Democrats talk it's always about the future, when Republicans talk it's about the past. Like Nixon and Reagan in an era of jet airplanes always talking about the trains.

golfgod

Old 10-22-2008, 09:03 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,932,037 times
Just what we need, another Joe McCarthy!!! Good grief!! She doesn't even apologise for what she said. She's just whinning about the 'trap'. Yeah, some trap that she fell into 3-4 times in about 7 minutes. "Stupid is as stupid does!"

Quote:
REP. BACHMANN: What I would say -- what I would say is that the news media should do a penetrating expose and take a look. I wish they would. I wish the American media would take a great look at the views of the people in Congress and find out, are they pro-America or anti-America? I think people would love to see an expose like that

Old 10-22-2008, 09:17 AM

24,644 posts, read 38,770,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Finally, finally, the "real Americans" are waking up! Those would be the Americans who;

Had their job sent overseas while their corporate CEO reaped a golden parachute,

Their kids are getting their a**** blown off in a country that most of them couldn't find on a map if their lives depended on it,

Are finding out that their insurance company's accounting department only has an IN box, but no OUT box,

Are seeing their roads, schools and other infrastructure crumble because their state leg's took a "no new taxes" pledge,

Can't use their public library because it's only open when they're at work because their city council took the same pledge, but then built them a hockey arena,

Can't afford their light and heat bill because "deregulation will bring prices down for everyone",

Hear about "class warfare" and somehow thought that middle class people were going to be the staff officers, not the cannon fodder.

Unfortunately for the Rs, this time around they haven't been able to convince the voters that two men kissing is the biggest danger they face. They discovered the party of small government, free enterprise and and "ownership society" meant the exact opposite.

I knew the end was nigh for the right wing wailers when I overheard a couple of 50+ ladies in a restaurant. They were both wearing Obama buttons but talking about Rush's show that day. I had to ask as it seemed a bit incongruous, to say the least

Here's what they told me;they take turns listening (also to Hannity and Savage and watching Fox news-turns out there's a number of them that do this) and making notes, then they research THE FACTS and do an email blast to everyone on their email list. Their email list includes all of their family members, church and other social club members, their kids and grandkids.

Ahhhh, educating people about the truth. This will spell the end of the hard right wing of the Republican Party. Maybe now the normal people can re-take control like many of us did in the Democratic Party.

It's funny that when Democrats talk it's always about the future, when Republicans talk it's about the past. Like Nixon and Reagan in an era of jet airplanes always talking about the trains.

golfgod
Well said. Hear hear.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:19 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,315,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Earlier in the day, Bachmann told St. Cloud Rotary Club members she would like to "take back" the statement.
Maybe she didn't realize that the "memory hole" doesn't exist in real life.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:20 AM

26,337 posts, read 49,340,184 times
Actually, Bachmann is a big mistake. Voting for her is a huge mistake.

El Tinklenberg, her opponent, has now coined over $1M in donations since her insanity was made clear to the nation.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:34 AM

3,079 posts, read 3,135,337 times
She knew what she was saying, since her seat is now being seriously challenged she is now
'sorry' for her remarks -- perhaps she should go back on HB and seek to clarify those remarks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections