Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:01 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,764,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
The point of the Emperor's New Clothes, apparently lost on you, was that the general public was dupped into believing the Emperor was apparently wearing the finest clothes in all the land when, he was not wearing any clothes at all. A perfect Obama analogy.
I know what the analogy is ... stop taking everything so freaking seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,064,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis702 View Post
Actually that is not true.

He may not have practiced what he preached but Jefferson was anti-slavery.
I find no solace in Jefferson's pecuniary difficulties.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 PM

26,231 posts, read 49,112,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamama Mia View Post
The point of the Emperor's New Clothes, apparently lost on you, was that the general public was dupped into believing the Emperor was apparently wearing the finest clothes in all the land when, he was not wearing any clothes at all. A perfect Obama analogy.
I think you have it backwards, how very GOP of you. The emperor insisted on the very best and was told he was getting the very best threads with gold and silver and silk. There was no suit, he was nude. The people, afraid to be 'critical' of the fool (their phones were tapped too), kept their mouth shut and let the king believe he was a real fashion plate, loved by one and all (including Qu--r Eye for the Straight Guy dudes). The dupe in the story is the emperor. Just like John (I know how to fix_____) (Fundamentals of our economy are strong) (Not sure how many homes I have) McCain.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:02 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,972,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I think you have it backwards, how very GOP of you. The emperor insisted on the very best and was told he was getting the very best threads with gold and silver and silk. There was no suit, he was nude. The people, afraid to be 'critical' of the fool (their phones were tapped too), kept their mouth shut and let the king believe he was a real fashion plate, loved by one and all (including Qu--r Eye for the Straight Guy dudes). The dupe in the story is the emperor. Just like John (I know how to fix_____) (Fundamentals of our economy are strong) (Not sure how many homes I have) McCain.
You know, I wonder if last September someone told McCain he needed to be aware of "The Emperor Has No Clothes" syndrome. Only he didn't understand the point of the story, and that's why they bought Sarah all those clothes?

Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,675,377 times
Lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections