Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 11:12 AM

152 posts, read 186,092 times

Advertisements

Anyone who thinks we won't have higher taxes under McCain or Obama is living in a delusional world. It's just a question of who is going to bear the brunt. With two wars going on, a $700 billion bailout, and another economic stimulus package coming, someone has to foot the bill. It happened to Reagan, it happened to Bush 1, and it happened to Clinton. If Bush 2 had had any concept of economics, he would not have cut taxes while starting 2 wars!

Get real people, it's time to pay the bills that have been run up the past 8 years!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 11:16 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,028,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Your not the only one, someone makin $8025 is taxed at 10% (2008) but in 2000, they were taxed at 15% Looks to me like Bushs' tax cut helped the poor, and Obama wants to repeal them? Tell me again why the poor is voting Democrat again?
Because they are uneducated and always looking for a cool hero. That is what they found in Obama.

Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 AM

1,989 posts, read 4,466,032 times
Okay, either you're all rich or you don't read.

1. You ONLY get a bigger tax cut under McCain if you make over $111k a year.

2. You ONLY pay higher taxes under Obama if you make over $115k a year.

If you're all rich, good for you! Otherwise, stop being dogmatic and go read the chart (after all, this is your wallet we're talking about):

Obama and McCain Tax Proposals - washingtonpost.com

Old 10-22-2008, 11:27 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
OP-- your link appears to just cover CURRENT tax codes. I can't see how it applies to what you're talking about.

For anyone who wants a clear easy break-down of the different tax plans, I found this link, with a chart by income-- for both Obama and McCain. Which candidate is "better" for you financially all depends on how much money you make:

We fall in the -2.5% with McCain's plan and we'd have to make $74,051 less to get that much of a cut with Obama's plan.

Hmmm, welfare here I come! Yippee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Ok well besides what everyone else said is wrong I went along with your plan and in 2008 I was taxed at 25% in 2000 I was taxed at 28% soooooooo that means under Taxabma I will have my taxes increased. Great, thanks for proving why I will NOT be voting for him.
And you're gonna be the swing vote so YAY!!!!!! McCain/Palin! It'll just mean more money for us. McCain +1 today and Obama -1! Don't forget to vote!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:06 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cohdane View Post
OP-- your link appears to just cover CURRENT tax codes. I can't see how it applies to what you're talking about.

For anyone who wants a clear easy break-down of the different tax plans, I found this link, with a chart by income-- for both Obama and McCain. Which candidate is "better" for you financially all depends on how much money you make:

It's pure nonsense...he's going to give the biggest break to those that pay in the least, and this group will NOT create jobs for other people with the money they save in taxes. The wealthier people in McCain's column will use that money to create more jobs, and hence create more wealth.

Obama's plan will crash what's left of this economy, it's pure economics. But I can certainly understand why he's even thinking of structuring his tax cuts this way.....it will ensure that he gets the most votes, and then after he's elected, he'll just say, "Well, I was left a big mess by George Bush that I'm trying to clean up, and it will take time."

That's right folks, there is no magic wand that he will wave and fix everything, but good luck to you when he gets in there. Hope you don't work for a small business or your job is in jeopardy when he gets elected.

Old 10-22-2008, 04:14 PM

835 posts, read 1,322,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman0 View Post
Obama has promised to roll back the Bush tax cuts, so how much savings would that result in for your family?

Tax Brackets (Federal Income Tax Rates) 2000 through 2008

Type in your income and hit "calculate" to find your tax bill for 2008.

Then, select 2000 from the drop down menu, and hit "calculate" again.

This will show you how much money you will save under the Obama plan.

Yep, just as I have said Obama will raise my taxes by 12%.....thanks for that as I already pay 50.3% in taxes!
McCain will lower my taxes by 10%...hmmm let's see who to vote for.....

McCain-Palin 2008

Old 10-22-2008, 05:32 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times
That's going to cost more than the war in Iraq! He'd better end it before the 16 months he is talking about.

Under Obamas plan if I made over 250M and he raised my taxes I would have to lay off an employee. But I don't.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
According to the chart, I'll fare much better under McCains tax plan---Obama isn't for me!

Old 10-23-2008, 04:07 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
It's pure nonsense...he's going to give the biggest break to those that pay in the least, and this group will NOT create jobs for other people with the money they save in taxes. The wealthier people in McCain's column will use that money to create more jobs, and hence create more wealth.

Obama's plan will crash what's left of this economy, it's pure economics. But I can certainly understand why he's even thinking of structuring his tax cuts this way.....it will ensure that he gets the most votes, and then after he's elected, he'll just say, "Well, I was left a big mess by George Bush that I'm trying to clean up, and it will take time."

That's right folks, there is no magic wand that he will wave and fix everything, but good luck to you when he gets in there. Hope you don't work for a small business or your job is in jeopardy when he gets elected.

I think it's just ridiculous that grown adults are discussing this promise as though it were fact. It's crazy.

When Clinton reneged on his promise to raise taxes on only the top income earners, folks making as little as $20,000/yr had their tax rates increased from 11% to 15%, a 36% increase in tax liability! I expect far worse from Obama.

CLINTON'S ECONOMIC PLAN: The Campaign; Gambling That a Tax-Cut Promise Was Not Taken Seriously

By MICHAEL KELLY,
Published: February 18, 1993
In selling his economic plan, President Clinton is gambling that voters never took seriously his campaign promise to lower the tax burden of the middle class and will respond favorably to an aggressive pitch based on equal measures of hope, fear and class revenge.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F0CE4D9103CF93BA25751C0A9659582 60&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=all

Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
McCain Obama. NEITHER WILL HAPPEN!

McCain. WONT GET THROUGH the Dem Congress.
Obama. WONT BE VOTED ON VERBATIM by the Dem Congress. They will simply raise taxes. (over ?$80?K) Obama will sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections