Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 08:10 PM

1,535 posts, read 2,067,098 times

Advertisements

"They know I've been tested," he said. "They know I've been tested. I've been tested many times."

Now what country has "tested" McCain or is this another reference to being a POW?

Frankly, I doubt that Medvedev is impressed with McCain's POW testing, it didn't move him or Putin during McCain's "We are Georgians" moment.

I also, doubt that despite McCain's assurance that he "knows how to get" bin Laden that Osama is particularly concerned about who is President.

I have a good feeling that Hugo Chavez having withstood Bush's best shots for 8 years gives a rat's hind quarters about McCain's stay at the Hanoi Hilton.

And I can see innumerable regimes around the globe who won't lose a second of sleep when it comes to testing a country whose military is fully involved into intractable wars and is bleeding money by the second because Maverick is riding on his high horse with Annie Palin as his trusty side kick.

Just a thought.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,543,920 times
I agree. Actually neither Obama or McCain has been President. I don't see why McCain thinks he is better or has been tested. Is he speaking of his own time in the war. Because neither has been President or for that matter Vice President they don't know 100%. What we as American must see is who is the leader who can lead on all the issues. Who leads in a study way. Who looks like a president. I saw Obama today at this Summit thing and he looked like a President. McCain didn't win on the debate on the very subject he was suppose to be so great on. So no I don't think his experience in issues of war are any different than the economy or anything else.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,625,252 times
When I read McCain's comments, he sounded as if he was double-dog daring someone to do something. Lame as usual.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 PM

873 posts, read 1,591,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
I agree. Actually neither Obama or McCain has been President. I don't see why McCain thinks he is better or has been tested.
But he is McBush lll isn't he? Therefore, he's been tested, or at least maybe thats why he thinks he's been tested.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:23 PM

3,517 posts, read 13,280,310 times
Well, they certainly didn't blink at attacking us with the bellicose Bush II in office. I don't think if they are planning anything that either of the candidates would be a deterrent - especially with our hands tied up in 2 unending wars and our economy in free fall.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:46 PM

118 posts, read 146,798 times
McCain HAS been tested and knows exactly what it takes to endure. Obama on the other hand....if he didn't have someone to hold his underware, ready for him to step in to, wouldn't know if they were inside out or out. THATS how he would rule this country.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:54 PM

Really he looked presst Presidential today. His sumit waas on this very subject and he had severl very experienced people there. The word is he is really quite educated in this subject. How has McCain been tested?

Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TillyT View Post
McCain HAS been tested and knows exactly what it takes to endure. Obama on the other hand....if he didn't have someone to hold his underware, ready for him to step in to, wouldn't know if they were inside out or out. THATS how he would rule this country.
You sound remarkably like McCain.

Old 10-22-2008, 08:58 PM

Also I forgot to ad that if in fact he is soo tested why didn't he win the debate against Obama on this very subject.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmom48 View Post
Also I forgot to ad that if in fact he is soo tested why didn't he win the debate against Obama on this very subject.
Here I was wanting to rep you for a great point. But it says I need to spread the love. So far, I just don't have enough love on this thread to share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections