Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:42 AM

5,152 posts, read 8,534,772 times

Advertisements

We've had a redneck in the WH for the last 8 years who will for the forseeable future be hailed by historians as the worst president in history. Worked out well, eh?
What's funnier about that is there are rumors that Bush, in private, does not talk like this tough Texas cowboy that the USA knows. Point about that: Why doesn't Jeb talk like that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 01:46 AM

972 posts, read 1,332,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
We've had a redneck in the WH for the last 8 years who will for the forseeable future be hailed by historians as the worst president in history. Worked out well, eh?
What's funnier about that is there are rumors that Bush, in private, does not talk like this tough Texas cowboy that the USA knows. Point about that: Why doesn't Jeb talk like that?
I agree and sarah is like bush and cheney rolled into one without the experience to pull it off. If you want Sarah's youtube videos prior to her selection to run for VP, her accent isnt as hammed up either.
I am so tired of fake people.. I will be so happy when Obama and Biden win!!

Old 10-23-2008, 03:32 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,149,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Well, she could teach Mrs O a thing or two on how to dress. Someone, anyone needs to tell that woman NOT to wear those tight-fitting dresses and skirts. It just makes her very wide behind look even bigger. You could serve a buffet on her backside. Long skirts or dresses would do the trick for those terrible bow-legs of hers. Such an unattractive attribute for a female.

Let's not even go into her face like a prize-fighter and scoop-mouth. If Palin's red-neck trash, what is Mrs. o? Black-elite trash?

Like for like.
From my perspective, I think Michelle Obama is the much more attractive of the two in that she looks classy and together. She also comes across as more articulate and intelligent. Sarah looks like she is not put together well to me--even in her new wardrobe. But I am a man, and I know nothing about fashion. I am going to say it even worse. In high school, I usually dated two kinds of women. I dated the ones I liked to take out in public and be proud to be with. Michelle Obama has that look to me. And I dated the ones I liked to take parking. Sarah Palin has that look to me.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,109 times
Quote:
Well, she could teach Mrs O a thing or two on how to dress. Someone, anyone needs to tell that woman NOT to wear those tight-fitting dresses and skirts. It just makes her very wide behind look even bigger. You could serve a buffet on her backside. Long skirts or dresses would do the trick for those terrible bow-legs of hers. Such an unattractive attribute for a female.
Quote:
Let's not even go into her face like a prize-fighter and scoop-mouth. If Palin's red-neck trash,
Quote:
what is Mrs. o? Black-elite trash?
Whoa, a racist comment?
Quote:
Like for like.
Didn't know being attractive had anything to do with holding the office of VP? I'd actually appreciate a less attractive person with at least 1/2 of a brain.

Old 10-23-2008, 04:59 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,928,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
From my perspective, I think Michelle Obama is the much more attractive of the two in that she looks classy and together. She also comes across as more articulate and intelligent. Sarah looks like she is not put together well to me--even in her new wardrobe. But I am a man, and I know nothing about fashion. I am going to say it even worse. In high school, I usually dated two kinds of women. I dated the ones I liked to take out in public and be proud to be with. Michelle Obama has that look to me. And I dated the ones I liked to take parking. Sarah Palin has that look to me.
once again, another democrat discussing appearance over issues! who cares what either of them look like? i bet most americans are for somebody who can cut spending, as palin did in alaska with her line item veto, and start drilling for oil, where every alaskan gets a check for oil production. american could use more jobs and more money, and less talk!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:02 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,402,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
once again, another democrat discussing appearance over issues! who cares what either of them look like? i bet most americans are for somebody who can cut spending, as palin did in alaska with her line item veto, and start drilling for oil, where every alaskan gets a check for oil production. american could use more jobs and more money, and less talk!
You may want to roll back a page and see who's comments James' post was in response to- you'll find that it wasn't the dems who began the whole "appearance over issues" discussion....

Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,208,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Another Democrat or another martian, either way, EVERYONE who pays taxes in this country and is represented by those in public office has the RIGHT to freedom of speech and to question those that represent them. I'm not sure that we'll still have this right if Palin gets anywhere near the oval office.

By the way, regarding Palin and her $150,000 wardrobe, don't worry, she's just following Eva Duarte-Perone...Rainbow Tour and all.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:20 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,285,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
I bet the $150K worth of clothes she's wearing adds even more to the comfort level.

You set yourself up for that one.
That would only help someone who is insecure. Many people have to dress in fine clothes to make themselves feel better, and as the poster said, "She's comfortable in her own skin." She's unpretentious and natural unlike most of the people in politics. Compare her with loud-mouthed Hillary. Oh heavens...now she's a piece of work.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:29 AM

3,722 posts, read 4,314,017 times
Quote:

Let's not even go into her face like a prize-fighter and scoop-mouth. If Palin's red-neck trash, what is Mrs. o? Black-elite trash?

Like for like.
An attractive classy educated well rounded proud Black woman, whose daughters aren't going to be town trollops with bastard children.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:33 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,327,109 times
I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that about hillary! Maybe that's why she was eliminated from the race, and wasn't the left's VP pick?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
That would only help someone who is insecure. Many people have to dress in fine clothes to make themselves feel better, and as the poster said, "She's comfortable in her own skin." She's unpretentious and natural unlike most of the people in politics. Compare her with loud-mouthed Hillary. Oh heavens...now she's a piece of work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections