Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:18 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Is this fair? is Governor Palin getting the same treatment from the media? Read..and post

Last night it was reported that Governor Palin, after being pushed by the media, is releasing her medical records (or has already done so at the time of this blogging.) Her medical records will show, per Governor Palin, that she has had 5 children (there is news!) Yes, her medical records will be personal (very personal) but that is the downside of the job. The American people should know the health of its candidates — bad health can distract one from doing his or her job or even mean the person can’t do his or her job at all.

But here is the perplexing thing: the media pushed for Senator McCain’s medical records…thousands of pages were then shown to the media…Senator Biden likewise released his medical records…

….but what about Senator Obama? His doctor wrote 1 page - yes, 1 page - saying he is healthy. The media is not getting medical records of Senator Obama. Why is the media not pushing for his medical records? Why the satisfaction with just a 1 page summary??? Could not the MOTHER of 5 get the same treatment as Senator Obama from the media? Just ask for the 1 page summary of her health? or better, how about Senator Obama doing as the other 3 and releasing all his medical records ?

And yes, I am going to continue to push that the woman get the same treatment as the men.

Is this fair? is Governor Palin getting the same treatment from the media? Read..and post

Last night it was reported that Governor Palin, after being pushed by the media, is releasing her medical records (or has already done so at the time of this blogging.) Her medical records will show, per Governor Palin, that she has had 5 children (there is news!) Yes, her medical records will be personal (very personal) but that is the downside of the job. The American people should know the health of its candidates — bad health can distract one from doing his or her job or even mean the person can’t do his or her job at all.

But here is the perplexing thing: the media pushed for Senator McCain’s medical records…thousands of pages were then shown to the media…Senator Biden likewise released his medical records…

….but what about Senator Obama? His doctor wrote 1 page - yes, 1 page - saying he is healthy. The media is not getting medical records of Senator Obama. Why is the media not pushing for his medical records? Why the satisfaction with just a 1 page summary??? Could not the MOTHER of 5 get the same treatment as Senator Obama from the media? Just ask for the 1 page summary of her health? or better, how about Senator Obama doing as the other 3 and releasing all his medical records ?

And yes, I am going to continue to push that the woman get the same treatment as the men.
GretaWire
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:26 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
What does her giving birth to 5 children have to do with it?

As far as I'm concerned, 1 page summary for her would be fine in my book... I haven't exactly seen anyone in the media flipping out over her health records.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:43 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Your forgetting she's gotten off on the wrong foot with the media by the way her campaign has continually sheltered her. So of course the media is going to think your hiding something.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

GretaWire
Well, I don't think anyone in City Data HAS Obama's medical records so I think you may have to PUSH somewhere else.
And try not to babble , you said the same thing twice in your post

If Palin has had her medical records revealed hasn't she had the same treatment as the men?

You say: ""Yes, her medical records will be personal (very personal)""

Well, DUHHHHHHHH, they're medical records:ro lleyes:

What ARE you babbling about?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:05 AM

213 posts, read 336,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
Your forgetting she's gotten off on the wrong foot with the media by the way her campaign has continually sheltered her. So of course the media is going to think your hiding something.
Yeah, right...she's attacked savagely and unfairly by the leftist media and she's supposed to talk to them? Why...so they can twist her words further? Now...where are the leftist media investigations into barry hussein osama's radical friends? Where are the leftist media's investigations into barry's relationship with fannie mae and freddie mac? I could go on with this list for days. Can you say double standard? Funny, it's just fine as long as the liberal is the one benefitting from it.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:22 AM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,400 times
Obama is probably in the best shape of the lot of them, which is probably why his doctor just banged out a page summary on his health.

Why are these medical records even that big of a deal?

Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,917,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
..she's supposed to talk to them? Why....
....because she's so friggin' funny!!

Old 10-23-2008, 10:07 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,250,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
Yeah, right...she's attacked savagely and unfairly by the leftist media and she's supposed to talk to them? Why...so they can twist her words further? Now...where are the leftist media investigations into barry hussein osama's radical friends? Where are the leftist media's investigations into barry's relationship with fannie mae and freddie mac? I could go on with this list for days. Can you say double standard? Funny, it's just fine as long as the liberal is the one benefitting from it.
Oh puleaze..........

Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 AM

7,055 posts, read 19,316,919 times
Unless she has a condition that requires further explanation, I think a one-page summary would be sufficient for Sarah Palin.

Old 10-23-2008, 10:41 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,704 times
[quote=Who?Me?!;5816881]Well, I don't think anyone in City Data HAS Obama's medical records so I think you may have to PUSH somewhere else.
And try not to babble , you said the same thing twice in your post

If Palin has had her medical records revealed hasn't she had the same treatment as the men?

You say: ""Yes, her medical records will be personal (very personal)""

Well, DUHHHHHHHH, they're medical records:ro lleyes:

What ARE you babbling about?[/quote]

My, how offensive this post is. The poster was not babbling. I dare say you are, as always. Think it's called projection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections