Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it racist when blacks vote for Obama?
Yes 27 31.40%
No 59 68.60%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:17 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,492,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Judging from early voting, polls and primaries, black americans are voting for Obama in huge #'s.
Is it racist when blacks vote in huge #'s for a black candidate or just because it might seem he is just black to them?
Isit racist because tha tmight be the 1 and only reason they are voting for him..?

Please vote and comment below
The past three elections the African American vote has hoovered around the 90% mark for democrats.

The real question is how has that worked out for them?

Old 10-23-2008, 05:27 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,497,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
That's funny. I thought "smooth talking the stupid people" was the only skill that Sarah Palin and George Bush had.

No, I don't think they cater to the dregs of society.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:35 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,482,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
It is racially motivated but not racist.
One of the reasons that I will not vote for Obama is that he is a black man.
But it is not because I feel racially superior to him, rather it is because I know that he will not serve my interests and many of his policies will be racially motivated
He will go out of his way to help blacks and I feel that that is wrong.
Wow!!!! Dude leave wherever you are immediately. It's 2008 not 1963 in Alabama!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM

956 posts, read 1,235,945 times
I couldn't vote because this isn't a yes or no question.

It's not racist to vote for Obama, but in many cases it is about race. And some blacks will be the first to tell you that. They are proud that one of their own is running and they are voting for him for that reason.

So it can be about race.

And there are those who are voting for Obama who know nothing about him or his stand on the issues. They have no idea who his running mate is. You've all heard the clip from Howard Stern ... the interviewer in Harlem asking people on the street who they are voting for. The answer is always "Obama".

When that is followed with the question about the issues, replacing Obama's stand on the issues with McCain's, these people agreed they are "for" McCain's view.

And when that was followed by a question about how they feel about Sarah Palin being VP along with Obama being President, they were all perfectly fine with that ... that would be fine with them.

So can we say for those people it isn't about race? You just can't.

Old 10-23-2008, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
I will simply address this, but I can sense that it will start an unnecessary tangent. Blacks, Asian, Native Americans have not been oppressed, in a cruel vicious way, in this country, like the Whites have, particulary the White Men. So to say that someone is a black is racist for supporting Obama, since he is black, is just stupid, considering the "exclusiveness" of who gets to be the president of the US.
Now if blacks were keeping white folks off basketball teams for that reason, then the OP may make sense, but not for a position like POTUS.
??????????????????????????????

Old 10-23-2008, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
I couldn't vote because this isn't a yes or no question.

It's not racist to vote for Obama, but in many cases it is about race. And some blacks will be the first to tell you that. They are proud that one of their own is running and they are voting for him for that reason.

So it can be about race.

And there are those who are voting for Obama who know nothing about him or his stand on the issues. They have no idea who his running mate is. You've all heard the clip from Howard Stern ... the interviewer in Harlem asking people on the street who they are voting for. The answer is always "Obama".

When that is followed with the question about the issues, replacing Obama's stand on the issues with McCain's, these people agreed they are "for" McCain's view.

And when that was followed by a question about how they feel about Sarah Palin being VP along with Obama being President, they were all perfectly fine with that ... that would be fine with them.

So can we say for those people it isn't about race? You just can't.
Quoting a Stern street poll??

Old 10-23-2008, 05:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,609,474 times
Default No!

What a dumbazzed poll!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,123,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
It is racially motivated but not racist.
One of the reasons that I will not vote for Obama is that he is a black man.
But it is not because I feel racially superior to him, rather it is because I know that he will not serve my interests and many of his policies will be racially motivated
He will go out of his way to help blacks and I feel that that is wrong.
You say this based on what evidence? Just because Whites have always done things that are only beneficial to Whites does not mean that Obama will do things that are only beneficial to Blacks.

The facts are that unless you are a multi millionaire you cannot afford another for years of Bush policies. And not voting for him simply because he is a Black man is just as wrong as voting for him just because he's a Black man.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:45 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,123,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Enjoy? He'll be an absolute miserable joke of a President. Maybe he and the first lady can teach everyone how to jive...and smooth talk the stupid people.
This has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever read. Please go to college and get an education.

Obama got his from your lilly White Harvard.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 PM

1,958 posts, read 2,497,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
This has to be the most ignorant statement I have ever read. Please go to college and get an education.

Obama got his from your lilly White Harvard.
You means it wattant from Mo-gan State?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections