Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2008, 07:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times

Advertisements

They were wong.

Palestra.net ~ The College Network

Quote:
Good day. My name is Greg Nolan. This is a statement written on behalf of the individual volunteers living at Brownlee Ave who registered to vote in Ohio. We came to Columbus committed to the ideal that encouraging people to participate in the political process is a vital and patriotic undertaking. While pursuing our goal, we began to feel we had made a home. We worked here, lived here, and made friends here. Feeling part of the Columbus community, we decided to register to vote.

Let there be no doubt, we firmly believed we satisfied all requirements written on the Franklin County Board of Elections Voter Registration Form.

Nevertheless, we did not understand the state's technical definition of "resident," and registered not knowing that. Our intention was to register in the community we had become so involved in, but because of our misunderstanding we will not be able to vote in Ohio and may not be able to vote in this election at all. We highly value the importance of a free and fair election, and hope that others will take the necessary steps to ensure they fully meet Ohio's residency requirements before registering to vote. Speaking directly to the people of Ohio, our mistake was an honest one, but it was a mistake nonetheless. Without reservation, we apologize to the community, which has been so welcoming to us, for the problems this misunderstanding has caused. Thank you.

Franklin County Prosecutor Ron O'Brien said the 13 registrations will be revoked and the five votes that were already cast will be cancelled. O'Brien credited Palestra for bringing this case to light.
Yes, I'm sure you smart professionals didn't realize you were breaking the law. I wonder how many other Obama supporters have infiltrated other states to vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2008, 08:00 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
What does this have to do with Obama?

Old 10-23-2008, 08:02 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,311,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
What does this have to do with Obama?
They were canvassing for Obama, registered as Democrats in states which they were not legal residents, admitted voting for Obama, and in at least a couple of cases, may have voted for Obama in their home states. Other than that, nothing.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:05 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,281,581 times
I didn't see any evidence in that article that they had been hired by Obama's campaign.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:15 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,539,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
I didn't see any evidence in that article that they had been hired by Obama's campaign.
I don't think I have ever seen any evidence that Obama is involved in anything but rescuing kittens and making blind men see. At least according to his supporters.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:26 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
I don't think I have ever seen any evidence that Obama is involved in anything but rescuing kittens and making blind men see. At least according to his supporters.
That's a good one, LMAO

Old 10-23-2008, 11:27 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,630,981 times
Quote:

Well said, so true.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:35 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,394,185 times
Quote:
Oh please, don't forget about creating the rainbow and giving butterflies flight.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:01 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,237,321 times
Quote:
Exactly, Nobama is pretty much Mother Theresa in a man's body in the eyes of his cult. Not only is he going to save America & the World but he'll also cure cancer and save the whales.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:09 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Mark Jacoby, Owner Of Young Political Majors LLC, Hired By California GOP To Register Voters, Arrested For Voter Fraud

"His arrest came after dozens of voters said they were duped into registering as Republicans by people employed by YPM. The voters said YPM workers tricked them by saying they were signing a petition to toughen penalties against child molesters. The firm was paid $7 to $12 for every Californian it registered as a member of the GOP."

So the Specter of voter fraud arises in election

And we might ask ourselves Could the US election be stolen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections