Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 04:45 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,455,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Oh, they had 'no clue' there would be MORE? Like one isn't enough? Bush said 'that's one bad pilot', even though the Whitehouse staff had been put on alert for a terrorist attack by plane, and had even stopped flying commercial aircraft. How many planes does Bush need to hit the Towers before he acts like something resembling Commander in Chief?
Good grief. First off he was told it was a small commuter plane. The first plane hit at 8:46:40 am Bush was notified at 8:55 pm at 9:03:11 the second plane hit. So that leaves a total of 8 minutes before he excused himself.

You do not know what you are talking about.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:55 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,389,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
McCainomics= Bushonomics= Reganomics= Feed the Rich and Starve the Poor,you really want more of that 'trickle' on you?
Why don't you take a course in economics before posting such absolute garbage. I would suggest you start with some Thomas Sowell, or some Walter E. Williams books.

When you understand basic economics, then you will understand why your post is ridiculous.

So-called "trickle down" means that as the economy grows, because of growth in business (which provides jobs), society as a whole benefits, even those in lower income brackets, because opportunity is increased.

If you want to do nothing but sit back and collect, relying on the largess produced by others, and the government stealing the wealth and dolling it out, you will probalby think "trickle down" doesn't work.

But if you are ambitious, and don't mind working for a living, you will find that your opportunity is increased, and your success is just a matter of your own effort.

Lazy people starve no matter what the economic climate.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,389,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Good grief. First off he was told it was a small commuter plane. The first plane hit at 8:46:40 am Bush was notified at 8:55 pm at 9:03:11 the second plane hit. So that leaves a total of 8 minutes before he excused himself.

Couldn't have said it better myself, and you are exactly right. I remember that morning, and indeed you are right, because the first report that my wife and I heard was that a "small plane" had "apparently" hit the first tower. It wasn't untill quite a few minutes afterward (even perhaps 20 or 30) that it was reported to be a commercial jetliner.

I remember it well, because we were on our way to a job we were working on. We had stopped at McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich, and it was when we left that we heard the first reports. It wasn't till we arrived at Conneaut Lake, PA, some 20 minutes later that they were saying it was a commercial jet. Of course by that time, the second plane had hit, and there was the report of the missing plane that was supposed to have arrived in Cleveland by that time. As we know, it had turned around and headed East (right over my house!).

Old 11-01-2008, 05:04 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,707,871 times
the great uncle ronnie lie, a lie told by a b rate move actor. a lie never repeated in the economics academic community ever - debt is meaningless. the wonderful part about a mistake is you can stop doing it any time. lets stop.
obama 08

Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,132,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the great uncle ronnie lie, a lie told by a b rate move actor. a lie never repeated in the economics academic community ever - debt is meaningless. the wonderful part about a mistake is you can stop doing it any time. lets stop.
obama 08
Ok, and start a new one?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:00 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,495,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself, and you are exactly right. I remember that morning, and indeed you are right, because the first report that my wife and I heard was that a "small plane" had "apparently" hit the first tower. It wasn't untill quite a few minutes afterward (even perhaps 20 or 30) that it was reported to be a commercial jetliner.

I remember it well, because we were on our way to a job we were working on. We had stopped at McDonalds for a breakfast sandwich, and it was when we left that we heard the first reports. It wasn't till we arrived at Conneaut Lake, PA, some 20 minutes later that they were saying it was a commercial jet. Of course by that time, the second plane had hit, and there was the report of the missing plane that was supposed to have arrived in Cleveland by that time. As we know, it had turned around and headed East (right over my house!).

Exactly. I was making breakfast for my 2 year old and had the news on (NYC) station - channel 5's morning show with Jim Ryan. Once the "eyes in the sky" had turned to the tower the discussion was all about a "small plane". While the first tower was burning and I was cleaning up the kitchen, I heard Jim Ryan say, "Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, oh my God" and I saw, along with him and everyone else who was awake and watching tv that morning, the second plane slam into the second tower. The very, very large plane.

So noone knew, other than those on the ground who saw the first plane hit the first tower, exactly what had hit that tower.

Somehow that 8 minutes could have changed the way everything panned out for the rest of that day and after? I don't get it.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:17 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,746,868 times
Quote:

Dont know where yo get your ifo from, where is your source that said he was told it was a small commuter plane, why would anyone lie to him about that, especially those around the president?

Heres what Bush himself said that day, he said he SAW the whole thing

Bush was asked, "How did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?" Bush replied, "I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower--the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident. But I was whisked off there. I didn't have much time to think about it." Bush repeated the same story on January 5, 2002, stating, "First of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on. And you know, I thought it was pilot error, and I was amazed that anybody could make such a terrible mistake...."

9/11/01: Where Was George?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Why don't you take a course in economics before posting such absolute garbage. I would suggest you start with some Thomas Sowell, or some Walter E. Williams books.

When you understand basic economics, then you will understand why your post is ridiculous.

So-called "trickle down" means that as the economy grows, because of growth in business (which provides jobs), society as a whole benefits, even those in lower income brackets, because opportunity is increased.

If you want to do nothing but sit back and collect, relying on the largess produced by others, and the government stealing the wealth and dolling it out, you will probalby think "trickle down" doesn't work.

But if you are ambitious, and don't mind working for a living, you will find that your opportunity is increased, and your success is just a matter of your own effort.

Lazy people starve no matter what the economic climate.
You are the one who know nothing, I worked since I was 16, longer than you did, I didnt take corporate welfare - you did, I dont take welfare, I work and Im tired of smelling like the rich mans pee.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,455,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Dont know where yo get your ifo from, where is your source that said he was told it was a small commuter plane, why would anyone lie to him about that, especially those around the president?

Heres what Bush himself said that day, he said he SAW the whole thing

Bush was asked, "How did you feel when you heard about the terrorist attack?" Bush replied, "I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower--the TV was obviously on. And I used to fly myself, and I said, well, there's one terrible pilot. I said, it must have been a horrible accident. But I was whisked off there. I didn't have much time to think about it." Bush repeated the same story on January 5, 2002, stating, "First of all, when we walked into the classroom, I had seen this plane fly into the first building. There was a TV set on. And you know, I thought it was pilot error, and I was amazed that anybody could make such a terrible mistake...."

9/11/01: Where Was George?

He could NOT have seen the FIRST plane because there was no footage of the first plane hitting until days later when the fire department film came out. There was NO live coverage of the first plane hitting, so NO ONE other then who was there saw anything.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
He could NOT have seen the FIRST plane because there was no footage of the first plane hitting until days later when the fire department film came out. There was NO live coverage of the first plane hitting, so NO ONE other then who was there saw anything.
Then why did Bush keep insisting he watched the first plane hit before he entered the classroom - closed circuit?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections