Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 02:39 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,939,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
McCainomics= Bushonomics= Reganomics= Feed the Rich and Starve the Poor,you really want more of that 'trickle' on you?
Yep, here we go trying to scare people about the supposed poor in this country. Those would be those poor people that have televsisions, vcrs, dvrs, cable, cell phones and, now we have been told...iPhones. Yeah, they are really are poor.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:39 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,747,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Yep, here we go trying to scare people about the supposed poor in this country. Those would be those poor people that have televsisions, vcrs, dvrs, cable, cell phones and, now we have been told...iPhones. Yeah, they are really are poor.
Sorry, I meant to say 'starve the middle class'

Old 10-31-2008, 05:32 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,757,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
Why don't you google clinton and china and see just who sent all of those jobs overseas..
No need to Google it cupcake, I witnessed it first hand. Some jobs were lost at the end of the Clinton administration, but Bush put it on the fast track and put all jobs at risk.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:46 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,939,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
No need to Google it cupcake, I witnessed it first hand. Some jobs were lost at the end of the Clinton administration, but Bush put it on the fast track and put all jobs at risk.
Bush did put it all on the fast track, along with continuing to allow the borders and ports to be wide open.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:17 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,113,590 times
When Clinton was leaving office DH and I knew lots of friends and friends of friends losing jobs. We were happy to have our crappy ones at the time. Now at the end of Bush's 2nd term, DH and I have doubled our income, put three kids through college and own two homes. All this was achieved through good old fashioned hard work. Our friends are doing equally as well and we all love this country and are very grateful.

God Bless My America!

McCain/Palin '08

Old 10-31-2008, 06:23 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,456,043 times
People forget that Bush had 9/11 to deal with he most certainly did not have the cake walk Clinton did.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:38 PM

43,851 posts, read 51,458,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
When Clinton was leaving office DH and I knew lots of friends and friends of friends losing jobs. We were happy to have our crappy ones at the time. Now at the end of Bush's 2nd term, DH and I have doubled our income, put three kids through college and own two homes. All this was achieved through good old fashioned hard work. Our friends are doing equally as well and we all love this country and are very grateful.

God Bless My America!

McCain/Palin '08
Same here. I moved to Orlando in the midst of the area's economic melt down. I took a temp job I knew wouldn't pay my bills but it was better than sitting around feeling sorry for myself. Within one month, I ended up with a permanent position with the same company making more money than I ever have in my life.

I didn't say that to brag on myself, I said that to encourage people to get out there and WORK. It isn't Bush's fault if you don't have a job. No politician can fix this for you. You just have to get out there and start at whatever job is available.

I agree.....God Bless My America!!!!

Voted McCain/Palin!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:42 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,828,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
People forget that Bush had 9/11 to deal with he most certainly did not have the cake walk Clinton did.
He dealt with it real good, by sitting there reading 'The Pet Goat' to 6th graders, AFTER the first plane hit the Twin Towers.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:46 PM

343 posts, read 512,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Ask yourself how we can have 1 million people immigrating here yearly legally and almost 1million illegally with the same average unemployment rate that Bill Clinton had and we never created anymore jobs..... You are falling hook line in sinker for your slave masters garbage.

Oh cool we're gonna start the nativists up again can't wait to treat immigrants like sub human monsters.

Old 10-31-2008, 07:48 PM

343 posts, read 512,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post

If the republicans let Clinton go after Osama like he wanted instead of saying "quit trying to turn the attention away from Monica!" maybe he wouldn't have had to deal with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections