Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 03:30 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
afraid? I would like to know what she meant exactly. How could a mother say such a thing? My son has autism and I have never once been afraid of him. Afraid for him? Yes.. as in will he be okay? I want to know what she meant!! How careless!
I have twin boys born prematurely...I was afraid for them at first, but never afraid of them, so I know what you mean.

I am a mother of five children. All of us parents know how difficult the first year can be...juggling everything trying to meet everyone's needs. Most of the time, even when working outside the home, your needs come AFTER the child's needs are met. When you have a special needs child the baby's needs are even more demanding. Trig deserves to have his mother with him during these critical months. She made the decision to mother a special needs child. Having four other children already she knew how demanding it would be. She needs to "step up to the plate." I don't believe she is qualified to be VP based on all her "goof ups" and I don't agree with her on any of her views/beliefs...and I have no respect for her as a mother because of the way she has put Trig's needs so far down on the priority list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 03:36 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
In her "major policy address" this morning on special needs kids, Sarah Palin said that her and Todd are "no longer afraid of Trig". Uh, huh. FTW?

Somehow a mother's fear of her own "disabled" chld is different than Michelle Obama's "really proud of my country". Another example of the SCLM giving a right wing hack a pass on her words.

golfgod
Ya, no longer afraid of him ruining her chances to run for VP/P....I think it's sick the way she lugs him everywhere....you don't see male politicians taking thier kids EVERYWHERE.....she's using him as a tool....

Old 10-24-2008, 03:40 PM

972 posts, read 1,330,807 times
right she not only has not put trig first in her life to help him, she is using him as a political prop. I do not respect her as a mother either. It seems to me also she does not have her mommy radar on either. when she let the young girl who could barley hold trig walk him down the stairs, obviously having trouble.. she didnt even look.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:42 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
This just sickens me further. She and Todd were afraid of Trig??? What, were they afraid that his down syndrome was communicable? My god, the scumbag nature of these 2 morons knows no bounds!

The one thing they need to fear is that Trig will outlive them and he probably will. We had to make arrangements for my sister because it's pretty much a forgone conclusion she will outlive our parents. The fear is that she will outlive me.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,592,508 times
She has a child who has special needs but travels the entire country ignoring her. What a model!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 03:45 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,251,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
This just sickens me further. She and Todd were afraid of Trig??? What, were they afraid that his down syndrome was communicable? My god, the scumbag nature of these 2 morons knows no bounds!

The one thing they need to fear is that Trig will outlive them and he probably will. We had to make arrangements for my sister because it's pretty much a forgone conclusion she will outlive our parents. The fear is that she will outlive me.
I have a special needs adult brother (we're both in our 40's). Since my older sister doesn't have anything to do with our family I will be the one to make sure he is taken care of once both my parents are no longer living. It is something that I think about (and worry about) often. It is most likely that her older children will have to care for him at some point in the future.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:52 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
She has a child who has special needs but travels the entire country ignoring her. What a model!!!
The republican party forked out 92 bucks for an outfit for him too ... wonder if that will be yanked away from him and given to charity.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,206,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
In her "major policy address" this morning on special needs kids, Sarah Palin said that her and Todd are "no longer afraid of Trig". Uh, huh. FTW?

Somehow a mother's fear of her own "disabled" chld is different than Michelle Obama's "really proud of my country". Another example of the SCLM giving a right wing hack a pass on her words.

golfgod

this is just bull sh**
that is not what she said and you know it
but if you want to sink low low as to try and smear this woman
speaking from her heart
then it speaks volumes of you

Old 10-24-2008, 03:55 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingclouds View Post
afraid? I would like to know what she meant exactly. How could a mother say such a thing? My son has autism and I have never once been afraid of him. Afraid for him? Yes.. as in will he be okay? I want to know what she meant!! How careless!
There was always something strange about Palin not telling her other children or anyone else that Trig was going to have a disability before he was born. (Here is a link to Palin's description of things, recounted in Huffington from a People Magazine article. Trig Palin: Sarah Palin On Having A Down Syndrome Baby (PHOTOS)
If you don't like Huffington, you can search for other links.)

"'Not knowing in my own heart if I was going to be ready to embrace a child with special needs," [Palin] reveals, "I couldn't talk about it.'"

I can see that initially, but for the whole pregnancy and not preparing the other kids. But I was curious if this is a typical reaction or not.

Old 10-24-2008, 04:01 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Oh for christs sake, people! I have my doubts about palins suitability as vpotus as anyone (especially where it concerns her crazyass religion) but geez...get a grip!
Who here could honestly say that if they were told they were going to have a down syndrome baby they would be thrilled? I wasn't when I was told that (turned out not so, but still). I quickly came to terms with the likelyhood but the fact that I was afraid for the baby and afraid that I wouldn't be up to the task of raising a down syndrome baby doesn't make me a bad person or a bad mother. Nor does it make palin a bad mother to admit it, either. I doubt she thought trig had horns and a matricidal bent --- I'm sure she was worried about her ability to care for him properly, and yes -- even love him. Be honest and non partisan for a minute. I think it is great that she said this. I think it will make all the feelings that come with having a baby with special needs such as prematurity, down syndrome, cleft palate or anything else more understandable and normal. Maybe other parents will realize that what they felt in those first hours, weeks or even months after learning of their childs special needs does not make them a monster or anything but human.
Like I said, get a grip......now if you want to talk about speaking in tongues - I'm all for that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections