Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,150,561 times

Advertisements

Wow, when my Mom was dying, I went to her house alone without my wife or children a few times. I needed to have closure with her, and my relationship and communication with her were easier when we were alone. I also stayed at her house while she was in the hospital. I spent some time looking at things that I knew I would never see again after she died and the house was gone--things like my old bedroom, memorabilia, etc. This thread is unbelievable. We all grieve in our own ways.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:50 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,770,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
Isn't anything sacred for God's sake? Are you that calloused?
Now, that statement is truly funny, coming from the left, of all places. Bless your heart...

Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,349,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He's a presidential candidate, it would be stupid to assume cameras would not be there.
He doesn't have to look happy about it. Are you all smiles when a relative is on their death bed? Very stupid topic....

Old 10-24-2008, 06:51 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,457,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Did he even visit her? He looked pissed when he noticed cameras on him walking through that alley. Could he be there to hide old family photos, letters and other personal affects that might tell about where he was born? He was in her house, all day.....alone. Very bizzare!
Oh Pulease! This has to be one of the.... things I've ever read. He has said the biggest regret of his life was not going back to spend one more time with his mother before she died. Is it any wonder he'd want to right that wrong and shut out the rest of the world and say good-bye to his grandmother? I'd be pissed too to see cameras on me while I am going to pay my last respects.

Some people are just grasping for straws to see Obama is thrown under the bus and in this situation it makes me angry to see this.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:54 PM

1 posts, read 1,776,318 times
Quote:
Then why did he spend the afternoon rummaging through her house instead of at the hospital?
[MOD CUT]

She is NOT at the hospital, she has top notch home care for a while which Barack pays for.

We're still waiting for those "breaking stories" and "democrats who will expose Obama" that you promised us a few weeks ago. You are a very delusional person.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-24-2008 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,150,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
While she was in the hospital getting expert care he felt safe in waiting. When it came time for her to go home he went so he could help make sure that her caretaker system was in place and that she had all she needed to be comfortable. As someone who has gone through this with an elderly parent I understand what he is going through. God bless them all.
I have lost both parents and my wife has lost a father and step-father. My mother-in-law is near death. None of his behaviors are any different from mine when dealing with these deaths (except I had no motorcade.) People grieve in so many different ways. All of this speculation is cruel and rude. Give the guy a break and quit assuming things about him. Thank you for this post LML. I can't rep you any more, or I would.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
If you are undecided and read this thread, ask yourself this question; Do I really want to vote for the kind of person who would inspire this level of hatefulness? Is this the kind of country in which you want to raise your family? Don't you really want something more decent, more honorable, more hopeful for our country?

Amen. McCain supporters have proven themselves to be some of the most vile, hateful and racist folks I have yet to see in an election.

And this thread and everyone who is on the "why did he wait for x days," or "what was he really doing"...pathetic.

Old 10-24-2008, 06:58 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,186,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
He doesn't have to look happy about it. Are you all smiles when a relative is on their death bed? Very stupid topic....
Who looked happy about it?

Legit topic, stupid assumptions, there is a difference..

Old 10-24-2008, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,776,318 times
Quote:
Did he even visit her? He looked pissed when he noticed cameras on him walking through that alley. Could he be there to hide old family photos, letters and other personal affects that might tell about where he was born? He was in her house, all day.....alone. Very bizzare!

Did you expect Obama to be happy and cheesy to the camera?

"Look at me!! I'm at my dying grandmothers house, take photographs of me, I'm so happy!!"

Old 10-24-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Who looked happy about it?

Legit topic, stupid assumptions, there is a difference..
Legitimate if one is on the side of Grampy McSame and Caribou Barbie (aka moose muffin), maybe. Most mentally healthy, sane, intelligent and compassionate people might just "get" that someone would want to spend time ALONE with a loved one who might not be around much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections