Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 12:44 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,001,245 times

Advertisements

Audacity of Hope: “Lolo (Obama’s step father) followed a brand of Islam ….” “I looked to Lolo for guidance”.
Dreams of my Father: “The person who made me proudest of all, though, was [half brother] Roy .. He converted to Islam.”
Dreams of my Father: “In Indonesia, I had spent two years at a Muslim school”
Dreams of my Father: “I Studied the Koran.”
Audacity of Hope: “I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.”
Dreams of My Father: “I found a solace in nursing a pervasive sense of grievance and animosity against my mother’s race”.
Dreams of my Father: “The emotion between the races could never be pure….. the other race would always remain just that: menacing, alien, and apart.”
Dreams of my Father: “Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning.”
Dreams of My Father: “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”
Dreams Of My Father: “I never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself..”.
Dreams of My Father: “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”
Dreams of My Father: “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black mas-ses, to strike out and name names”
Dreams of my Father: “Desperate times called for desperate measures, and for many blacks, times were chronically desperate. If nationalism could create a strong and effective insularity, deliver on its promise of self-respect, then the hurt it might cause well-meaning whites, or the inner turmoil it caused people like me, would be of little consequence.”
Dreams of my Father: “To avoid being mistaken for a racial sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chi-canos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists and p-unk-rock performance poets. We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism, and patriarchy.”
Dreams of my Father: “there was something about him that made me wary,” Obama wrote. “A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white.”
Dreams of my Father: “the reason black people keep to themselves is that it’s easier than spending all your time mad, or trying to guess whatever it was that white folks were thinking about you.”
Dreams of my Father: One line in Malcolm X’s autobiography “spoke” to Obama “it stayed with me,” he says. “He spoke of a wish he’d once had, the wish that the white blood that ran through him, there by an act of violence, might somehow be expunged.”

Old 10-25-2008, 12:53 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,375 times
Repeat thread and already debunked multiple times.

snopes.com: Barack Obama in His Own Words

FactCheck.org: Did Obama write that he would "stand with the Muslims" and that he nurses a "pervasive sense of grievance and animosity" toward whites?

Are the people who continually post this stuff cognitively deficient or just resistant to reason and logic?

Do you really think Obama would be as stupid to put things in his book that would allow conservatives to so easily rip into him? I mean one minute you are all calling him a power-hungry strategist that cares for nothing but the presidency, and then the next he is a moron who writes a book in which he gives you all the perfect reasons why he shouldn't be president? Crazy.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:56 AM

10,130 posts, read 19,874,683 times
You lose at internet part #3!!! Are you trying for a record, or is it just a bad night for you?

PLEASE READ Urban Legends Reference Pages

BEFORE you make yourself a fool on the forum.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:00 AM

1,648 posts, read 2,559,917 times
There needs to be a sticky reminding stupid idiots to check their posts for accuracy before posting.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Audacity of Hope: “Lolo (Obama’s step father) followed a brand of Islam ….” “I looked t.....”
Yeah, yeah, yeah.

In less than two weeks, it will be President Barack Obama to you.

...and don't you forget it.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 AM

858 posts, read 1,501,120 times
Have any of you actually read the book? It's quite disturbing...

Old 10-25-2008, 01:15 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post

Old 10-25-2008, 01:20 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
Yes, I read it and McCain's book, and neither was disturbing.

But this is:
Attached Thumbnails
Obama said: "I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction"-bush_mccain.jpg  

Old 10-25-2008, 01:30 AM

438 posts, read 503,215 times
If there is a hell, there is a special place there for quote miners.

FactCheck.org: Did Obama write that he would "stand with the Muslims" and that he nurses a "pervasive sense of grievance and animosity" toward whites?

Useless chain email smear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections