Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:34 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,213,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Georgia Dem.

Just curious what about Hillary Clinton apealed to you. I know for me it was the fact that she is a friend of the environment, and a champion of education and women's rights. In her book "It Take a Village" and in political platforms she is most certainly to the left of Obama on economic issues. Why did you vote for Hillary Clinton?

It is funny, b/c I never liked Hillary
I even e mailed her when she was silent when they starved Terri Schiavo
to death and told her I would never vote for her.
I decided on Hillary after watching the debates for a while.
I had really no feelings about Obama at the time.
I had heard him at the Dem Convention along with everyone else and thought he made a great speech.
In Jan he lost my vote with his cocky attitude.
I have shared all this before and do not want to drag it all up again.
Hillary Clinton, I felt would have made a good president, she is also not as liberal as Obama.
I will not go along with his wanting to sign the "Freedom of Choice Act"
There is also the matter of his character, I do not like him, nor trust he will do what he says.
Of he and Mccain, I choose Mccain
I like John Mccain, I always have.
If it were between Hillary and Mccain,I would vote for her.
But it is not, the DNC made sure of that.
Hillary and Mccain are very close friends, do you think if he were like Bush, she would like him??
No, she would not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Anybody who says they are a Hillary supporter and are backing McCain is not a true Hillary supporter.

good grief
get a life
I hate to burst the very small bubble you seem to have locked your self in
but there are plenty of folks that vote outside their party!!
OMGOSH can you believe that some of us think for ourselves!!!
What a concept!!!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:43 AM

873 posts, read 1,589,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
good grief
get a life
I hate to burst the very small bubble you seem to have locked your self in
but there are plenty of folks that vote outside their party!!
OMGOSH can you believe that some of us think for ourselves!!!
What a concept!!!
And we hate to burst your little bubble too, but voting for McCain is a true indication of one not thinking for themselves, not researching facts, not even caring about the state of affairs the world is in today. Those with a life wish to see that life continue.

I don't know that anyone will be able to get us out of the total chaos that Bu**** has gotten us into. I do know that I will continue digging up facts (like them or not) and vote accordingly. Which is clearly something you refuse to do.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
I don't think Obama will be tested any worse than McCain would be. I DO think there is a higher risk for an assassination attempt, though, which has been aggravated by the McCain campaign's choice of language and playing on fears of radical right wingnuts. Palin has stirred much of that up...and I am very disgusted by it. In the event that something happened to Obama I suspect Biden would choose Hillary as his VP, though.

Much of my choice of who to vote for also included looking at who picked a better VP. Biden would be a much better president than Palin.

Give me a break!!
I have never heard more HATE coming against anyone like Gov Palin and even her little baby!!
I never thought I would see such horrible slime roll around anyone
like the hacks and scumb taht slither around Obama!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 AM

11,710 posts, read 24,819,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
And we hate to burst your little bubble too, but voting for McCain is a true indication of one not thinking for themselves, not researching facts, not even caring about the state of affairs the world is in today. Those with a life wish to see that life continue.

I don't know that anyone will be able to get us out of the total chaos that Bu**** has gotten us into. I do know that I will continue digging up facts (like them or not) and vote accordingly. Which is clearly something you refuse to do.
Correct. I know several people who are hillary supporters and are actually smart enough to vote with the candidate who sticks up for their issues over somebody who doesn't. I don't believe georgia dem is a hillary supporter after reading his or her earlier posts.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,053,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by love roses View Post
Obama is just as unqualified as Palin if you're gonna nitpick.
No. Palin has executive experience.

Only one of them is running for the highest office in the country.

Here's a brief timeline of Obama's political experience.

Barack Obama : Political Career Timeline

BTW - Illinois has some of the highest taxes in the nation.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:17 AM

808 posts, read 1,149,722 times
Quote:
Give me a break!!
I have never heard more HATE coming against anyone like Gov Palin and even her little baby!!
Anytime I see anyone bring anyone else's kids into it I call them on that being wrong.

That being said...Palin is NOT being attacked because she is a woman. She is being attacked because she is radical and her positions are completely out of touch with mainstream America. People are NOT bashing her because she is a woman. She is being bashed because of her radical positions and past political behavior.

There is a difference between the kind of hate seen from both sides. Obama's campaign is NOT encouraging or using language to instill violent hatred towards McCain. Both sides have it's share of fruitloops and do each election. The difference this time is the way the McCain campaign is trying to portray Obama as a terrorist to feed into fears from 9/11. That kind of crap WILL lead to some crackpot trying to kill Obama and his family. It's irresponsible and dangerous ground for McCain to allow in his campaign. The fact he hasn't put his foot down caused me to lose all respect for him. I used to like him so much in 2000...but he is not the same man. He's sold his soul to the radical right wingnuts.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:19 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,353,407 times
Quote:
Give me a break!!
LOL

You complain about the attacks on Palin, then END your post with the same old B/S attacks that you and other folks had been launching against Obama for a FULL YEAR before Palin even came on the scene?

Gee, I wonder WHY Democrats were so quick to attack. Think it might be because they'd had to endure so many MONTHS of baseless attacks themselves?

Clearly you've never heard "what goes around, comes around".

When you reduce the level of political discourse to little more than rolling in swill, you really can't expect anything else in return.

Ken

Old 10-25-2008, 10:24 AM

808 posts, read 1,149,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Correct. I know several people who are hillary supporters and are actually smart enough to vote with the candidate who sticks up for their issues over somebody who doesn't. I don't believe georgia dem is a hillary supporter after reading his or her earlier posts.
Well, that's not really fair. I have lived in Georgia before and there are many Democrats there that are moderate to conservative leaning. There are also some pretty unique racial issues in Georgia. When I lived in Georgia one of the counties essentially did not allow any blacks there. I don't think it's like that anymore, though. I wouldn't say it's racial hatred but when I lived there it was certainly a case of racial fear and discomfort. I'm not saying this is an issue with georgiaDem at all. I do believe it is an issue for at least some Georgia voters, though...and local talk and opinions can sway and influence other locals.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:29 AM

11,710 posts, read 24,819,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaurmyst View Post
Well, that's not really fair. I have lived in Georgia before and there are many Democrats there that are moderate to conservative leaning. There are also some pretty unique racial issues in Georgia. When I lived in Georgia one of the counties essentially did not allow any blacks there. I don't think it's like that anymore, though. I wouldn't say it's racial hatred but when I lived there it was certainly a case of racial fear and discomfort. I'm not saying this is an issue with georgiaDem at all. I do believe it is an issue for at least some Georgia voters, though...and local talk and opinions can sway and influence other locals.
I said hillary supporters. I never said anything about being democratic or republican. If you're a hillary supporter, you tend to vote liberal over conservative and Obama is more liberal than McCain. I see what you're saying though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections