Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:54 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Only in the minds of the ill conceived.

March of Democracy

You would have been a communist if it was not for "falling" for push back of communism. Notice how fascism and communism spawned off nationalization.

Care to explain how not falling for the rhetoric would have had the US inundated with Vietnamese wearing black pajamas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 06:58 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
If you can't figure out the only reason communism stopped advancing was when Reagan put his foot down. Otherwise they were pretty much man handling every president before him. JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford Carter. Reagan was the first president to fully stand up against the backer and not just the little wars. You know the whole Cold War thing.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:32 AM

Quote:
If you can't figure out the only reason communism stopped advancing was when Reagan put his foot down. Otherwise they were pretty much man handling every president before him. JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford Carter. Reagan was the first president to fully stand up against the backer and not just the little wars. You know the whole Cold War thing.

No answer about the chicken little panic about communists in Vietnam, eh? THAT was the question: HOW would not falling for the fear-mongereing rhetoric have led to Vietnamese inundating the US?

Kennedy was man handled in October 1962? THAT's certainly a great distortion of fact. Can't you figure out a large part of the reason communism stopped advancing, or existing in the Soviet Union was its own excesses and failures? If you'd back away from the altar of Ronnie you'd have a much better chance at seeing the big picture. To give him credit for one first I guess he was the first alleged fiscal conservative to develop a strategy of outspending the other guy

Old 10-26-2008, 08:00 AM

Getting back to the original topic: Why Obamas Communist connections are not headlines

HOW many people who think alleged communist ties should be headlines can honestly say they have NOT ONE communist produced product in their possession? Those who can't have contributed financially to the communist cause, should they be placed on a watch list?

Oy maybe, just maybe, mere association with 'communism' or 'communists' isn't the great toxic stain many attempt to portray it as?

Last edited by burdell; 10-26-2008 at 08:24 AM..

Old 10-26-2008, 08:37 AM

Try going through the historical foundations of collectivism and see what it actually leads to instead of the utopia you want it to lead to.

Adolf Hitler

Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
No answer about the chicken little panic about communists in Vietnam, eh? THAT was the question: HOW would not falling for the fear-mongereing rhetoric have led to Vietnamese inundating the US?

Kennedy was man handled in October 1962? THAT's certainly a great distortion of fact. Can't you figure out a large part of the reason communism stopped advancing, or existing in the Soviet Union was its own excesses and failures? If you'd back away from the altar of Ronnie you'd have a much better chance at seeing the big picture. To give him credit for one first I guess he was the first alleged fiscal conservative to develop a strategy of outspending the other guy
It came to a standstill with the nuclear arms race which coincidentally The soviet union had the upper hand at first. I'm sorry you are privy to reality but you can not be held at fault as you probably were taught in a public school system and they managed to "liberate" your mind.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You actually think China, North Korea and Cuba are not communist coutries? That explains a lot about how either naive or uninformed you are. BTW, did you see Bill Ayers on tv last night, he had the big red communist star proudly on his shirt for all to see.
I think you misread the post. The PP was musing that perhaps China is no longer strictly communist. S/he did include N. Korea and Cuba in the communist fold.

Quote:
And if we must play the guilt by association game, I'd say Richard Nixon and his band of criminal cronies were a much bigger threat to America in 1968 than William Ayers ever was, let's vilify anyone ever even remotely associated with Nixon and/or his party,
Nixon went to China in when, 1972? George Bush (dad) was ambassador to China at one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Let's be honest, Communism may be dying around the world but it is thriving in American universities.
Not at the Univesity of Colorado where my kids go. I believe I have much more direct knowledge about what's going on in US universities than people who are reading articles that tell us how bad the universities are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Now Burdell, You of all people know better than that, I am on record on this forum as being overly anti china. I despise communism everywhere and anywhere it raise's its ugly head. I also understand ,not necessarilly agree 100 % with the philosophy of Nixon and Bush 41 that the way to bring countries out of communism is with trade, many would argue that would be the case. Fact of the matter is Obama's "association" with Ayers is real and warrants more scrutiny than it has gotten.
Obama's association with Ayers is tenuous at best. They lived in the same 'hood in Chicago, and Ayers hosted a coffee for Obama when he was running for ILL. state senator. Just because Ayers agreed with Obama's politics, that does not make Obama a communist. If anything, it makes Ayers a Democrat! Obama was the anti-machine candidate. That's a big deal in Chicago. They sat on a board together. I've sat on many boards with many people, never questioned them on their political views if the board didn't involve politics.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
It came to a standstill with the nuclear arms race which coincidentally The soviet union had the upper hand at first. I'm sorry you are privy to reality but you can not be held at fault as you probably were taught in a public school system and they managed to "liberate" your mind.

I'm sorry YOU are apparently NOT privy to reality

And once again you fail to answer the simple question about the debacle of chasing phantom threats of communist world domination in Vietnam.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Try going through the historical foundations of collectivism and see what it actually leads to instead of the utopia you want it to lead to.

Adolf Hitler

Why are you posting links about Hitler when communism is the bogey du jour here?

Last edited by burdell; 10-26-2008 at 09:56 AM..

Old 10-26-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I'm sorry YOU are apparently NOT privy to reality

And once again you fail to answer the simple question about the debacle of chasing phantom threats of communist world domination in Vietnam.
I'm not going to teach you history. If you are ignorant of it it's your demise and destiny to repeat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections