Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 01:02 PM

329 posts, read 473,244 times

Advertisements

I am a lifelong Democrat, never voted for any Republican candidate since I was of legal age and registered to vote. This election is bigger than political affiliation, gender or race; this is about survival of America, if we would still have a country that believes in Democracy and freedom of speech, if we still have a country that believes an ordinary citizen can question their leaders without their privacy being invaded or they be investigated because they dared to ask questions as law abiding citizen should do who love his country.

My loyalty this election season was put into question, I was called all kinds of names; traitor, stupid, ignorant, moron and other invectives I care not to mention. Loyalty to my party ends where loyalty to my country begins. I am American first, my country will stand with beside come hell and high water; my political affiliation will abandon me like a husband who had found another woman much better than me.

Yes, like other lifelong Democrats, I've joined them, standing side by side, hand in hand, campaigning for Senator John McCain. This is not about political affiliation anymore, this is bigger than Hillary or the Democratic Party; my vote is for UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I love this country, my father sacrificed his life for this country; I will not allow his memory to be turned into dust. America is worth fighting for, I have one life to live and if that life is taken away from me, I want to give it to my country; that's what my father said years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,777,959 times
If you put out more often, maybe the Democrats wouldn't have left you for someone better.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:06 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Your thread title is misleading, it suggests you are voting for Obama.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Barack and Michelle Obama are the most ANTI-AMERICAN politicians that I know in the history of politics. They have a history of speeches and behavior and ties that scream anti-american.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:08 PM

4,180 posts, read 14,602,502 times
I am a lifelong Democrat, never voted for any Republican candidate since I was of legal age and registered to vote. This election is bigger than political affiliation, gender or race; this is about survival of America, if we would still have a country that believes in Democracy and freedom of speech, if we still have a country that believes an ordinary citizen can question their leaders without their privacy being invaded or they be investigated because they dared to ask questions as law abiding citizen should do who love his country.

My loyalty this election season was put into question, I was called all kinds of names; traitor, stupid, ignorant, moron and other invectives I care not to mention. Loyalty to my party ends where loyalty to my country begins. I am American first, my country will stand with beside come hell and high water; my political affiliation will abandon me like a wife who had found another man much better than me.

Yes, like other lifelong Democrats, I've joined them, standing side by side, hand in hand, campaigning for Senator Barack Obama. This is not about political affiliation anymore, this is bigger than Hillary or the Democratic Party; my vote is for UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. I love this country, my father sacrificed his life for this country; I will not allow his memory to be turned into dust. America is worth fighting for, I have one life to live and if that life is taken away from me, I want to give it to my country; that's what my father said years ago.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:10 PM

4,697 posts, read 6,450,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Exactly!

I, too, will vote for the United States of America, and Barack Obama.

Great thread!

Old 10-25-2008, 01:11 PM

543 posts, read 1,456,357 times
This is a scary place we're in right now, you are right that this election is more than an election... this is about the survival of the framework of this country. Great and moving post.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:11 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,661,904 times
Good for you! That is what this country is about, freedom to choose who you want.

I'm a lifelong republican who has never voted democrat and I will be voting for Obama. I choose the guy who actually cares about vets and votes to help them.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
Barack and Michelle Obama are the most ANTI-AMERICAN politicians that I know in the history of politics. They have a history of speeches and behavior and ties that scream anti-american.
Your useless rhetoric is getting old.

Old 10-25-2008, 01:14 PM

306 posts, read 1,162,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
If you actually listened to Obama and not a sound bite from Fox you would realize what you are saying is totally inaccurate. Then again, if you think McSame and Pitbull are actually Pro-America, you wouldnt know the truth if it smacked you upside the head.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections