Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 02:41 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,620,775 times

Advertisements

Why don't we hear more about McCain's friend G. Gordon Liddy? Some interesting quotes from and about Liddy:

"Liddy is not someone most of us would want to see visiting the Oval Office. Working for President Richard Nixon, he committed a raft of crimes to secure Nixon's re-election and punish his perceived enemies. He proposed to do still more—bomb the liberal Brookings Institution, kidnap anti-war activists and murder a couple of inconvenient people."
McCain stonewalls on radical friend -- chicagotribune.com

"August 26, 1994 - 'Now if the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms comes to disarm you and they are bearing arms, resist them with arms. Go for a head shot; they're going to be wearing bulletproof vests." ... "They've got a big target on there, ATF. Don't shoot at that, because they've got a vest on underneath that. Head shots, head shots.... Kill the sons of *******.'"
wikipedia.org

"When [Liddy] listened to Hitler on the radio, it "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before," he explains. "Hitler's sheer animal confidence and power of will [entranced me]. He sent an electric current through my body." He describes seeing the Nazis' doomed technological marvel the Hindenberg flying over New Jersey as an almost religious experience. "Ecstatic, I drank in its colossal power and felt myself grow. Fear evaporated and in its place came a sense of personal might and power."
Media Matters - G. Gordon Liddy: listening to Hitler "made me feel a strength inside I had never known before"

Plenty of other sources online about this, if you don't like the sources I've given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 02:44 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,664,970 times
I suppose some people think it's a fine idea to blow the heads off of federal agents. That doesn't seem to bother the people shouting about Ayers left and right.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
I suppose some people think it's a fine idea to blow the heads off of federal agents. That doesn't seem to bother the people shouting about Ayers left and right.
Funny how that works, isn't it.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:58 PM

Isn't it though? People voting for McCain must just be o.k. with those kinds of things.

Old 10-25-2008, 02:59 PM

11,712 posts, read 24,849,472 times
The McCain supporters can't say anything about Ayers now. They have their own problem with Liddy.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:02 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,123,899 times
I keep wondering about that too. I guess Obama is too intent on staying on message...because he HAS a message. Unlike McCain who has nothing to talk about except who Obama served on a charitable board with 10 years ago. But maybe he should bring up Crazy Liddy...McCain's long time buddy who is a convicted felon. Or another one of his good buddies, Ollie North, who is a convicted felon. Robert Asher, one of his big supporters, who is a convicted felon, Charles Keating, his one time closest friend and largest donor to his campaigns, who is a convicted felon, and let's not forget his father in law Jim Hensley who fronted the money to get McCain his seat in the senate, who was a mobster and a convicted felon. I wish, if Obama doesn't want to do it, Biden would point out that talking about friends with a past isn't something McCain should be doing.

Old 10-25-2008, 03:07 PM

Maybe the convicted felon attraction somehow ties into the Maverick thing?

Old 10-25-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarlet52698 View Post
Maybe the convicted felon attraction somehow ties into the Maverick thing?
That's right. No one can keep McCain from his posse of felons!

Old 10-25-2008, 03:35 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,123,899 times
I really, really, really wish that people would take the time to read the article on the attached link. It isn't short but it is truly fascinating reading and would give people some insight into the real John McCain that they will get nowhere else. It it was written by an Arizona reporter for an Arizona paper.

Haunted by Spirits - News - Phoenix New Timespage 1 - Phoenix New Times

Old 10-25-2008, 03:36 PM

It's so baffling when you contrast it to his spiritual endorsements:

Quote:
Rod Parsley
In a chapter titled "Islam: The Deception of Allah," Parsley warns there is a "war between Islam and Christian civilization." He continues:
I cannot tell you how important it is that we understand the true nature of Islam, that we see it for what it really is. In fact, I will tell you this: I do not believe our country can truly fulfill its divine purpose until we understand our historical conflict with Islam. I know that this statement sounds extreme, but I do not shrink from its implications. The fact is that America was founded, in part, with the intention of seeing this false religion destroyed, and I believe September 11, 2001, was a generational call to arms that we can no longer ignore.
Parsley is not shy about his desire to obliterate Islam. In Silent No More, he notes—approvingly—that Christopher Columbus shared the same goal: "It was to defeat Islam, among other dreams, that Christopher Columbus sailed to the New World in 1492…Columbus dreamed of defeating the armies of Islam with the armies of Europe made mighty by the wealth of the New World. It was this dream that, in part, began America." He urges his readers to realize that a confrontation between Christianity and Islam is unavoidable: "We find now we have no choice. The time has come." And he has bad news: "We may already be losing the battle. As I scan the world, I find that Islam is responsible for more pain, more bloodshed, and more devastation than nearly any other force on earth at this moment."
McCain's Spiritual Guide: Destroy Islam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections