Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 PM

195 posts, read 515,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yup, and people continue to vote for these clowns...as they will do in masses...and some of them oh so proud of it too.
I'm waiting for a legitimate third party and candidate so I don't throw away my precious vote. Maybe then they wake up?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:09 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Did you catch all the gasp when anyone said anything remotely related to Obama's grandmother. OOOhhhh the horror!!!!! It's like they live in the land of hypocrisy.
If you honestly can not understand the difference between questioning if someone is too old to serve as president and mocking someone's dying grandmother than the hypocrisy sir is yours alone.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:11 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,521,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not right to mock and joke about McCain's age, is so insulting to older people. McCain is healthy.
OMG are YOU McCains doctor? That is the only person that can say that, and actually HIPPA would prevent even that.

What great authority are you that allows you to make such a statement?

So if he is so healthy why is he flatly refusing to release his medical records? What is he hiding.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:11 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,973,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim-mac View Post
I'm waiting for a legitimate third party and candidate so I don't throw away my precious vote. Maybe then will they wake up?
It doesnt matter who you vote for, you are never throwing your vote away. It is your voice, use it how it represents you best, not how you think it will be most popular.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:12 PM

574 posts, read 1,208,842 times
Why on earth would anyone need to judge McCain on age? There are plenty of other reasons. And while I agree there is a huge difference between the McCain of 2000 and that of 2008, it's not the aging that is disturbing. He sold out. If anything he sold his soul to the devil, so he might just live forever now!

Old 10-25-2008, 09:15 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not right to mock and joke about McCain's age, is so insulting to older people. McCain is healthy. Most live much longer than past generations due to modern medicine; antibiotics, universal precautions, surgical procedures, etc. In Asia for example you do not joke about the elderly, they have respect. McCain still looks young except for hair color, even his mother at age 96 looks terrific. You get the feeling that most here are way under age 40.

I hope you're not implying that merely discussing the issue of McCain's age is mocking him - because his age IS a very legitimate issue and concern. I don't usually read or hear people making fun of his age...

But especially given his running mate, it SHOULD be a major concern to everyone whether he is cancer-free and exactly how healthy is he. He only partially released his health-records, in a closed-room meeting with a select number of press reporters, and NO COPIES were allowed to be taken...

If McCain succumbs to old-age or cancer, we would, in my opinion, be in worse trouble with Palin than we've been with Bush.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I hope you're not implying that merely discussing the issue of McCain's age is mocking him - because his age IS a very legitimate issue and concern. I don't usually read or hear people making fun of his age...

But especially given his running mate, it SHOULD be a major concern to everyone whether he is cancer-free and exactly how healthy is he. He only partially released his health-records, in a closed-room meeting with a select number of press reporters, and NO COPIES were allowed to be taken...

If McCain succumbs to old-age or cancer, we would, in my opinion, be in worse trouble with Palin than we've been with Bush.
I honestly dont see McCain's health issues any different from Obama's smoking and what that does to a person.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:20 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,108,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I honestly dont see McCain's health issues any different from Obama's smoking and what that does to a person.

You don't see the difference between a 73 year old man, who smoked for more than 25 years, who has had 4 bouts of cancer and suffers many additional health problems, and a healthy, fit, 47 year old man who eats a healthy diet, exercises regularly, and, yes, smokes. WOW. That takes a level of denial that I can't even comprehend.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
You don't see the difference between a 73 year old man, who smoked for more than 25 years, who has had 4 bouts of cancer and suffers many additional health problems, and a healthy, fit, 47 year old man who eats a healthy diet, exercises regularly, and, yes, smokes. WOW. That takes a level of denial that I can't even comprehend.
Smoking and lung cancer can be very serious...no denial here, I know people close to Obama's age who died from smoking who were relatively healthy.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,704,934 times
I agree with HubbleRules. I have worked with the elderly during my nursing career, which is almost to an end, so I am no kid myself. I have seen that in general, once people get beyond 75 at least, they start slowing down. Now that is in general, lest someone get all heated up over their grandfather who was still running marathons at 80 or whatever. McCain is 72. He has a bad health history. It is a legitimate concern that he may not live out his term.

McCain has a history of smoking as well as his history of melanoma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections