Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsicmovies View Post
Not right to mock and joke about McCain's age, is so insulting to older people. McCain is healthy. Most live much longer than past generations due to modern medicine; antibiotics, universal precautions, surgical procedures, etc. In Asia for example you do not joke about the elderly, they have respect. McCain still looks young except for hair color, even his mother at age 96 looks terrific. You get the feeling that most here are way under age 40.
OK, I'll join the "Save the Troll" campaign.

John McCain is running for President...he is open to criticism...his age is an issue...posters on BOTH sides have ridiculed EVERYTHING on the other side....it is what's done...it won't change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM

532 posts, read 859,205 times
Quote:
Not right to mock and joke about McCain's age, is so insulting to older people. McCain is healthy. Most live much longer than past generations due to modern medicine; antibiotics, universal precautions, surgical procedures, etc. In Asia for example you do not joke about the elderly, they have respect. McCain still looks young except for hair color, even his mother at age 96 looks terrific. You get the feeling that most here are way under age 40.
You are so right. The disrespect for older people is another symptom of what is wrong with our society. I was raised to respect older people, and I don't think it was a wrong teaching. The vitriolic language used on these posts, to debase older people is, at best, disturbing. It's as if their lives are stupid and useless, when they, at least should be given credit for copeing with life, as they knew it. I have great respect for my parents, grandparents, and all of my ancestors, even though I don't always agree with their viewpoint. I know that they had much to share, many interesting stories to tell. and much to be learned, first hand, that biased books don't tell. Maybe the Japanese have a point--with their respect for ancestors. I may not agree with Mccain,but I will never call him names. I do respect his experience.

Old 10-25-2008, 09:57 PM

838 posts, read 922,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
OMG are YOU McCains doctor? That is the only person that can say that, and actually HIPPA would prevent even that.

What great authority are you that allows you to make such a statement?

So if he is so healthy why is he flatly refusing to release his medical records? What is he hiding.
McCain has released many many pages of his medical records. Obama released one paragraph? What about his past problems?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:00 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
McCain has released many many pages of his medical records. Obama released one paragraph? What about his past problems?
And the problems of Biden with his multiple aneurysms?

As scary as it is, Palin is the healthiest of the group.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I honestly dont see McCain's health issues any different from Obama's smoking and what that does to a person.
I would agree but it's not just smoking with Obama, it's the past and the brain's reward system...

Old 10-25-2008, 10:01 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,791,036 times
Quote:
Oh noes. Obama didn't release his medical records. We're doomed I tell you. Doomed.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, I'll join the "Save the Troll" campaign.

John McCain is running for President...he is open to criticism...his age is an issue...posters on BOTH sides have ridiculed EVERYTHING on the other side....it is what's done...it won't change.
McCAin is a troll, what is that?

Old 10-25-2008, 10:04 PM

532 posts, read 859,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
I hope you're not implying that merely discussing the issue of McCain's age is mocking him - because his age IS a very legitimate issue and concern. I don't usually read or hear people making fun of his age...

But especially given his running mate, it SHOULD be a major concern to everyone whether he is cancer-free and exactly how healthy is he. He only partially released his health-records, in a closed-room meeting with a select number of press reporters, and NO COPIES were allowed to be taken...

If McCain succumbs to old-age or cancer, we would, in my opinion, be in worse trouble with Palin than we've been with Bush.
Well---not any worse than we would be with Obama, who has even less experience than Palin. We would be in trouble, either way. Actually, Mccain realeased many pages of medical records. where as Obama released only one page. It probably means that Mccain has more medical problems-due to age-and Obama has less problems, but surely, Obama has more than one page. Even a child would have a longer medical record.

Old 10-25-2008, 10:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i want to hire you as my body guard. i am tired of these CDF young whipper snappers making fun of me. i am not going to take it any more. mccain does not look healthy. i know lots of healthy seniors, inc me, he is not one of them.
obama 08

Old 10-25-2008, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberta View Post
You are so right. The disrespect for older people is another symptom of what is wrong with our society. I was raised to respect older people, and I don't think it was a wrong teaching. The vitriolic language used on these posts, to debase older people is, at best, disturbing. It's as if their lives are stupid and useless, when they, at least should be given credit for copeing with life, as they knew it. I have great respect for my parents, grandparents, and all of my ancestors, even though I don't always agree with their viewpoint. I know that they had much to share, many interesting stories to tell. and much to be learned, first hand, that biased books don't tell. Maybe the Japanese have a point--with their respect for ancestors. I may not agree with Mccain,but I will never call him names. I do respect his experience.
Agree and thank you for relating my main point so well, not just the candidate but the disrespect for older people in general, and like you say a symptom of what's wrong with our society. I think we have a crumbling society with many signs. If there are no lines then they are all erased where anything goes.

Last edited by clsicmovies; 10-25-2008 at 10:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections