Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
And I didn't see any lie. He said clearly, twice, that they had not paid ACORN a single dime to register voters. The article points out that they paid a subsidiary to work on GOTV activites. Those are two different things.
So the Obama campaign lied THREE times, not once?
Once by failure to disclose it and needing to amend the report
Twice when the disclosure stated it was for "Get out the vote", not registrations
Third time when Biden said that the money wasnt used for registrations?

ACORN Investigated For Bogus Voter Registration : NPR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 08:27 AM

1,518 posts, read 2,762,244 times
Just to level the playing field quid pro quo:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...ase-leads.html

IMHO, this ACORN registration fraud scandal != actual voter fraud (i.e. what a group of rogue Acorn employees have done for an economic end [larger commission] is NOT the same as what Karl Rove did to pull an election and what continues to effervesce to this day) such as the voter challenges in PA, OH, the BEWARE of POLLING PRECINCT signs, the Robocalls, the caging lists, etc..

In the end, I think you've proven that both sides are 'politicians'. Now let's talk about the economy (McCain's favorite subject).

Old 10-26-2008, 08:40 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,034,677 times
I agree, Terra-maki. Neither side's hands are especially clean when it comes to this sort of thing.
Anyway, here is Acorn's response.
ACORN Responds To Voter Registration Lawsuit

Old 10-26-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Off topic thread is about Biden lying about not giving money to ACORN, its not about fraud..

Old 10-26-2008, 09:04 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Wink Joe Biden lies about ACORN funding..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

OK, here's what you do, then.

On Nov 4th, make sure you mark your ballot McCain/Palin. But I'm sorry to hear that you're no longer supporting Senators Obama and Biden.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
OK, here's what you do, then.

On Nov 4th, make sure you mark your ballot McCain/Palin. But I'm sorry to hear that you're no longer supporting Senators Obama and Biden.
I'm sorry to hear that americans dont care about the lies. Palin didnt sell a plane on ebay and its a 43,576 posting thread, Biden lies about ACORN and no one cares. Yeah, typical bs from the left, you cant even call a lie a lie...

Old 10-26-2008, 09:28 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm sorry to hear that americans dont care about the lies. Palin didnt sell a plane on ebay and its a 43,576 posting thread, Biden lies about ACORN and no one cares.

You're right, no one seems to care much about some voter registration foul-ups caused by low-paid canvassers out to pad their meager paychecks. Probably because no matter how many times an individual registers, he still only gets one vote.

How upset are you about Diebold voting machine "irregularities" that fraudulently changed thousands of votes four years ago? Since they switched the votes to Bush, it doesn't even register with you.

Quote:
Yeah, typical bs from the left, you cant even call a lie a lie...
You just did. Have the thought police arrived yet?

Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 AM

1,535 posts, read 2,063,265 times
Outside of the one Acorn member who is on the board of CSI, I am still scouring through your links to find the corporate link between ACORN and CSI. If you have that information please feel free to post it.

Old 10-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
You're right, no one seems to care much about some voter registration foul-ups caused by low-paid canvassers out to pad their meager paychecks. Probably because no matter how many times an individual registers, he still only gets one vote.
Unless they are absentee ballots, or out of state workers who vote in states they are not legally allowed to vote in..
Quote:
How upset are you about Diebold voting machine "irregularities" that fraudulently changed thousands of votes four years ago? Since they switched the votes to Bush, it doesn't even register with you.
off topic, but fraud, if intentional is that
Quote:
You just did. Have the thought police arrived yet?
And a lie is a lie, but you cant call it that, can you? You have to keep changing the topic..

Old 10-26-2008, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterinAmerica View Post
Outside of the one Acorn member who is on the board of CSI, I am still scouring through your links to find the corporate link between ACORN and CSI. If you have that information please feel free to post it.
For gods sake, The Post Gazette is a liberal newspaper and acknoledged

An Obama spokesman said Federal Election Commission reports would be amended to show Citizens Services Inc. -- a subsidiary of ACORN --

Obama has acknowledged that they are a subdivision of ACORN

An Obama spokesman said Federal Election Commission reports would be amended to show Citizens Services Inc. -- a subsidiary of ACORN --

Obamas campaign has amended their campaign to reflect the $800,000 (
The Ohio primary was March 4. According to FEC records, the Obama campaign paid Citizens Services Inc. $832,598.29, from Feb. 25 to May 17.
FEC Disclosure Reports - Filer ID C00431445

But thats not good enough for you. Wow, I'm amazed at the fact your standards are higher then Obamas..

And if the money went to CSI, Why are the ACORN offices being raided for the actions of CSI?

And the fact that its taking this many posts for someone on the left to admit its a lie says more about you, then the lie did about Biden..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections