Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 02:51 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,205,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Agreed!! It is hard enough for low income people to find decent subsidized housing....we shouldn't be giving to illegals...no matter who you are related to.
Obama said all appropriate laws must be followed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 02:52 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,482,284 times
*yawn* I have some poor relatives and that has nothing to do with me. Give. me. a. break.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:23 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,029,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raggy dee Ann View Post
That's just the way it is in Africa. Large extended families many you never meet. Remember he was raised in the USA, and really doesn't have close bonds with the family in the Motherland. He can't look after everyone.
That might fly if he didn't barrel-butt to Africa to get to know the family and then write two books, making big money off the experiences. He burst into their lives and capitalized on them so if some of them are in trouble, he should help.

But, seriously, if Auntie is here illegally, then he needs to help her resettle back in Kenya.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:32 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,965,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The aunt needs to be deported. NOW! She's taking up a government housing unit that Americans need.
There are about 15 to 20 million people living in America illegally. About a million of them have applied for asylum. Suddenly one woman becomes front page news. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

A Federal Law was broken by revealing her immigration status and possibly endangering her life should she be deported. In January thousands of people were killed in her native country, while gangs decapitated innocent civilians with machetes. This woman had the unfortunate problem of being related to a candidate running against a desperate party. Not long ago in Kenya, 50 people were burned alive in a church. So your post isn't very "Christian" is it? People apply for asylum all the time, the application is denied and then there's an appeal.

Do I support those who live here illegally? Of course not. But I don't believe we have the entire story and this has nothing to do with the election.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 PM

3,528 posts, read 8,639,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
....His aunt is living in a housing project in Boston and another brother is living in a tar paper shack in Kenya.

Watta guy!
Obama surely isn't practicing what he preaches. No sharing of the weath in the Obama family.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:55 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,029,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
There are about 15 to 20 million people living in America illegally. About a million of them have applied for asylum. Suddenly one woman becomes front page news. Funny how that happens, isn't it?

A Federal Law was broken by revealing her immigration status and possibly endangering her life should she be deported. In January thousands of people were killed in her native country, while gangs decapitated innocent civilians with machetes. This woman had the unfortunate problem of being related to a candidate running against a desperate party. Not long ago in Kenya, 50 people were burned alive in a church. So your post isn't very "Christian" is it? People apply for asylum all the time, the application is denied and then there's an appeal.

Do I support those who live here illegally? Of course not. But I don't believe we have the entire story and this has nothing to do with the election.

Stuff that "your post isn't very Christian" crap. There happen to be a large number of political refugees here in my city from Sierra Leone and other countries. They came here LEGALLY and are being helped. We're happy to have them here.

But the waiting list for government housing is very long in most parts of the country. NObama's aunt is taking up a space that an American family or legal resident desperately needs. Auntie NObama isn't just waiting for her asylum application to be processed -- she is wanted by Immigration and needs to face charges.

Old 11-03-2008, 04:30 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I suppose by bringing up old news will sway some voters, good luck with that.
This is breaking news.
Unless of course you watch CNN or MSNBC.

She is an illegal immigrant living off the public trough.
She also happens to be the aunt that Barack speaks of so wistfully in Dreams From my Father.

By the way Barack Obama has a lot of money. So, why is she living in these circumstance?

Old 11-03-2008, 04:42 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,211,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
This is breaking news.
Unless of course you watch CNN or MSNBC.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/2008-...highlight=aunt

Old 11-03-2008, 05:00 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,297,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Obama doesn't have 7 houses and 13 cars to support an entire tribe..He didn't divorce his injured wife to Marry a wealthy drug using prop wife.
He makes $4.2 million a year. I think he could afford to help 3 relatives living in poverty and at least one of them an illegal living off American taxpayers.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:03 PM

471 posts, read 808,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
He makes $4.2 million a year. I think he could afford to help 3 relatives living in poverty and at least one of them an illegal living off American taxpayers.
Heck, it seems if you make 200K a year you're "rich" Or is that 250K, or 150K? Anyway, by his standards he is far beyond rich, tries to come across as someone who cares about poor people, unless of course it's his own family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections