Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 PM

703 posts, read 858,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
You know, I have 2 half brothers. One I never met and one that is as twisted as the day is long. I would not give him a penny unless he was begging for food at my front door. I have no idea what he is doing with his life right now.

Maybe Obama needed to distance himself from that part of the family for his own mental well being and he just made it a clean cut and went on to create a loving family of his own.

I have no idea and neither do you. Enough said, IMO.
My family was broken by war.

I have a set of grandparents and aunts and uncles, etc. I have never met or have met once or twice. We are not at all involved with each others lives. Though they'd most likely be mentioned in my autobiography (if I wrote one).

These people are desperately clinging to this stuff. It's pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:03 PM

53,547 posts, read 35,263,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Obama doesn't have 7 houses and 13 cars to support an entire tribe.
he's a millionaire. he could at least spring for a coupla cans of off-brand cat food

Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,858,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
The aunt needs to be deported. NOW! She's taking up a government housing unit that Americans need.
They already told her to leave, several years ago. She is currently an illegal.

Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,329,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post
From this family photo looks like he knows several from his dads side of the family.

Yeah right. My late father is African and although all his sibblings did very well in life there are other distant members of the family who are dirt poor. Do any of us support them? No. Another thing when he went to Africa and met them (like when those photos were taken) he was not the wealthy man he is today. Get over it and start learning how to say President Barak Obama.

Yo Michelle, start checking out some new drapes.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:05 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,859,050 times
Quote:
You people just don't know when to quit. The guy was born into a fractured, mixed up family family that he has had very limited contact with. Who really knows how many 1/2 brothers and sisters he has or how many aunt and uncles cousin etc. He never reportedly did anything to hurt any of these people. He just didn't start handing out money to near strangers. If he did, who knows how many more people would have come out of the woodwork claiming to be related. Maybe he closed the door on that side of the family with very good reason.

Whatever. It's the day before the election, the guy's grandmother who helped raise him just died and this is what you what feel compelled to post about? It's morbid and petty. Can't you get out of the mud now? Or do you all plan on wallowing until the end?
Do you mean the woman that he referred to as a "Typical white person"?

It's really funny to me that you should mention that he "just didn't start handing money out to near strangers".
A fella that I work with married a Tanzanian woman.
Even though living in Boston is expensive, he still sends several hundred dollars a month to her extended family back home.
It is enough to allow them to live very well.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
You know, I have 2 half brothers. One I never met and one that is as twisted as the day is long. I would not give him a penny unless he was begging for food at my front door. I have no idea what he is doing with his life right now.

Maybe Obama needed to distance himself from that part of the family for his own mental well being and he just made it a clean cut and went on to create a loving family of his own.

I have no idea and neither do you. Enough said, IMO.
I'm sorry but....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by varangian View Post
My family was broken by war.

I have a set of grandparents and aunts and uncles, etc. I have never met or have met once or twice. We are not at all involved with each others lives. Though they'd most likely be mentioned in my autobiography (if I wrote one).

These people are desperately clinging to this stuff. It's pathetic.
Bewildered yes, desperate no.
Bewildered by the fact that people like you have been so blinded by your hatred of Bush that you will vote for virtually anyone regardless of inexperience, character, affiliations, beliefs, or future damage to this nation.

When asked to list his qualifications the only things you can say is change, transformation, and hope.
Do you remember what Jimmy Carter's slogan was? "A leader for a Change."
Look where that got us.

And another thing. Didn't Obama use the word "clinging" when he referred to the entire state of PA. Let me ask you this. Keeping that in mind, how did you use the word? Was it a sign of respect toward the target?
That's the character of your guy!

Old 11-03-2008, 08:27 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,064,425 times
Quote:
You people just don't know when to quit. The guy was born into a fractured, mixed up family family that he has had very limited contact with. Who really knows how many 1/2 brothers and sisters he has or how many aunt and uncles cousin etc. He never reportedly did anything to hurt any of these people. He just didn't start handing out money to near strangers. If he did, who knows how many more people would have come out of the woodwork claiming to be related. Maybe he closed the door on that side of the family with very good reason.

Whatever. It's the day before the election, the guy's grandmother who helped raise him just died and this is what you what feel compelled to post about? It's morbid and petty. Can't you get out of the mud now? Or do you all plan on wallowing until the end?
Oh, please. As I recall you were posting away on the "Obama's wonderful, free-spirited mum gave him a world of opportunities!" thread. Now you're saying he "was born into a fractured, mixed up family." (which he was, of course. Thanks to the good ole "free-spirited" mum whom y'all were painting as saintly.) And I don't see what his grandmother's death has to do with this. It's not as if he's suspended his campaign to go mourn.

The bottom line here with Obama's family (BOTH sides!) is that he invokes them when he needs something and throws them under the bus when they become inconvenient. We'll see which way it goes with auntie. I surely hope he apologised to his grandmother for calling her a bigot and a typical white woman before she died.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:36 PM

703 posts, read 858,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Bewildered yes, desperate no.
Bewildered by the fact that people like you have been so blinded by your hatred of Bush that you will vote for virtually anyone regardless of inexperience, character, affiliations, beliefs, or future damage to this nation.

When asked to list his qualifications the only things you can say is change, transformation, and hope.
Do you remember what Jimmy Carter's slogan was? "A leader for a Change."
Look where that got us.

And another thing. Didn't Obama use the word "clinging" when he referred to the entire state of PA. Let me ask you this. Keeping that in mind, how did you use the word? Was it a sign of respect toward the target?
That's the character of your guy!
I use "clinging" for lots of things fanatics do and have for years. I was a Republican when Carter was running and I am now "none of the above". Don't assume things (who am I kidding?). As far as the rest of your insult riddled rant, talk to the hand.

Old 11-04-2008, 12:26 AM

5,296 posts, read 6,509,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
....His aunt is living in a housing project in Boston and another brother is living in a tar paper shack in Kenya.
That's where most of us will be too if the repubs stay in power!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections