Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:46 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,586 times

Advertisements

Thank the Lord!!!

Less than 36 hours of having to listen to McCain and Palin talk about 'Joe the Plumber''.... Not that I have anything against Joe - but don't use him as a role model or a barometer of the electorate - because he is NEITHER...

This whole 'Joe the Plumber' deperation tactic that McCain's been on has been embarassing to listen to - he sounds like such an idiot each time he brings him up... No wonder Joe stayed away from a key McCain rally last week - and when McCain asked him to stand-up, was no where in sight!!! It made all the major media!!! It was hillarious!!! McCain was visiibly upset...

And Gov. Palin should quickly fade into obscurity over the next few weeks - unless she is villified as being a key factor in McCain's loss. She shouldn't really - McCain worked very hard to lose this one all on his own...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times
WHO?

Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,096,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Thank the Lord!!!

Less than 36 hours of having to listen to McCain and Palin talk about 'Joe the Plumber''.... Not that I have anything against Joe - but don't use him as a role model or a barometer of the electorate - because he is NEITHER...

This whole 'Joe the Plumber' deperation tactic that McCain's been on has been embarassing to listen to - he sounds like such an idiot each time he brings him up... No wonder Joe stayed away from a key McCain rally last week - and when McCain asked him to stand-up, was no where in sight!!! It made all the major media!!! It was hillarious!!! McCain was visiibly upset...

And Gov. Palin should quickly fade into obscurity over the next few weeks - unless she is villified as being a key factor in McCain's loss. She shouldn't really - McCain worked very hard to lose this one all on his own...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:27 PM

1,302 posts, read 3,309,240 times
Quote:
Thank the Lord!!!

I will miss Joe's well-informed musings on support for Israel and other bold global topics...Bill Maher had a funny quote the other day (I know, many hate the man) regarding Joe the Plumber's recently launched celebrity speaking career: "He is against giving any more of the money he will never earn to Obama but is okay with giving 15% of his current earnings to the manager of Grand Funk Railroad." Dem or Repub, that is funny...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:32 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,671 times
I'm going to watch the returns on FOX -- i can't wait to see their reaction assuming Obama wins this in a landslide...

Old 11-03-2008, 12:38 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,580,025 times
Did any of you see that bald idiot discussing his "foreign relations" views & giving out autographs??? What a complete & utter boob, & to think that people actually WANTED his "worthy" views & autograph. A bunch of mindless drones.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:47 PM

213 posts, read 337,206 times
Quote:
Thank the Lord!!!

Hmmm..so you're saying that an American citizen who actually works for a living and would rather use that hard-earned money to provide for his family and build a life for them instead of giving it to those who sit on their couches all day blaming the world for their problems waiting for their next handout is neither a "role model or barometer of the electorate?" Who are your role models...Karl Marx, William Ayers? Wait, barry is that you?

Additionally, do you really think Sarah Palin will fade to obscurity as VP of the United States? Hardly.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:00 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,586,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post
Hmmm..so you're saying that an American citizen who actually works for a living and would rather use that hard-earned money to provide for his family and build a life for them instead of giving it to those who sit on their couches all day blaming the world for their problems waiting for their next handout is neither a "role model or barometer of the electorate?" Who are your role models...Karl Marx, William Ayers? Wait, barry is that you?

Additionally, do you really think Sarah Palin will fade to obscurity as VP of the United States? Hardly.
No - I'm not saying that at all... Nothing wrong with someone working and providing for their family - I do the same thing every day...

But I do have problems with 'Joe the Plumber' because a) he is NOT a plumber - he has no license, b) he is NOT thinking of buying a plumbing business as McCain says, and c) I don't regard snaking-out a clogged toilet or putting in a new kitchen sink faucet to be the experience that makes one a foreign-relations expert - that's all...

And as for Palin being VP - please, I just ate a while ago...

Old 11-03-2008, 01:09 PM

2,488 posts, read 2,939,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinaS1 View Post

Come on Nina, I always rip your threads apart and you never once respond.

Even mentioning Karl Marx as if you are trying to link him to Obama just shows you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. You just spew the same mindless BS everyday with no intelligent or educated view at all. I have a feeling the first time you ever even heard of Karl Marx was a few weeks ago when your right-winged media outlets started to teach it too you people.

Have you ever even read a Communist Manifesto? You don't have to be a commy to read it by the way. It is usually good to try to expand your mind on other views in the world. But to use this Communism on Obama is just plain silly. It isn't even funny how silly it is.

Your post are the most silly mindless rhetoric known on this board.

I will probably get a infraction for this, but somebody has to tell you that.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:12 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,361,310 times
Joe the plumber will certainly fade into obscurity. . . him and his press agent and his record deal. . .
Palin on the other hand will continue to be a "news item" for quite some time. . . ah, the sad state of journalism in this country. . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections