Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I have a friend who looks very fit. Of course, she is 34 years old, 6 months pregnant, and was recently diagnosed with Stage IIIA breast cancer. Looks aren't everything when it comes to health and basic confirmation of health with a vice presidential candidate is sort of important.
I'd be far more earnest if y'all weren't griping about McCain's release of 1,500 pages of records not being "enough" and claiming that he was about to croak every other day. Meanwhile, you glow about Stickman releasing a one-page letter. Sorry if I can't honestly believe this is a sincere issue with you and not just another thing with which you can bash Sarah Palin over the head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 11:40 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_TN View Post
I agree helen. Sorry to hear about your friend.
She is surprisingly upbeat and has great doctors, friends, and families, so we are all very hopeful.

Oops, I'm guessing this is probably a thread ender.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
I'd be far more earnest if y'all weren't griping about McCain's release of 1,500 pages of records not being "enough" and claiming that he was about to croak every other day. Meanwhile, you glow about Stickman releasing a one-page letter. Sorry if I can't honestly believe this is a sincere issue with you and not just another thing with which you can bash Sarah Palin over the head.
Sorry, but I never griped about her not releasing her medical records, though certainly she should have done at least the letter. And why she waited so long is beyond me, especially as there is nothing problematic regarding her health.

But I do think that it makes a difference that McCain is as old as he is, has had cancer, and has not released his full medical record. But that's another issue and another thread.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:12 AM

8,489 posts, read 20,637,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Let's see how many of the McCain/Palin supporters demand that the actual medical records be released. After all, they insisted that a mere letter from his doctor was not sufficient for Obama. Think they'll hold Palin to the same standard?
And Obama's medical records were never released so what is your point?

Old 11-04-2008, 05:22 AM

3,758 posts, read 8,439,777 times
I am glad she is healthy.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:23 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,353,707 times
I really don't care about her medical records. I cannot wish her poor health, but I cannot worry about her, either. She will be going back to Alaska soon. . . .

Reading is fundamental...TOS and so is fiddling! cap
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections