Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 06:43 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times

Advertisements

Every large, heavily divided country has fallen apart eventually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:07 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,643,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Every large, heavily divided country has fallen apart eventually.
I think, historically speaking, every country has fallen apart eventually.

But taking your point, perhaps the goal, then, is to work toward becoming less divided, rather than for us each to continually point at the divide and exclaim at how large it is?

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,553,151 times
We all have to help to make this a better country not just sit back and whine. We all can make a difference one person at a time if we so choose.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:11 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,274,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
We are not the largest country in either land size or population..................
Thanks, you beat me to that.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:13 AM

479 posts, read 661,406 times
This is a terrible day in American history. The dims aren't gracious winners as will be proved by their responses to this string and others. They are bitter in victory...amazing.

Nobama is not my president, as a dim here recently said to me, I wouldn't cross the street to spit on him.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:14 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
I think, historically speaking, every country has fallen apart eventually.

But taking your point, perhaps the goal, then, is to work toward becoming less divided, rather than for us each to continually point at the divide and exclaim at how large it is?
I'm not giving up my rights. And I'm not supporting that stupid pos.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:16 AM

2,787 posts, read 11,505,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
I voted for McCain.

OK, So now we have Obama...

Calm down. We need to unite and join together.

Hello, We are the largest country, the USA!!!

We are the largest country in Ameriaca. Now get it together!

Let's UNITE!!

People, come on and get your stuff together!!!

We are the

US OF A, the Biggest Country and we will prevail!!!
First off we're not the biggest country, we're the toughest. Second off I'll never join with abortion, welfare, and know-it-all liberals.

Liberals think they're ****in geniuses. Book smarts don't mean **** in the real world, street smarts is what gets you far. They read Harry Potter and punch data into a ****in calculator and they're automatically ****in superior and everything they do is right? No they have no clue. Obama and Biden have no executive experience, what has Obama passed that would even qualify him to pass documents as President? Uhhh nothing. McCain has.

What has Obama done to prove his loyalty and dedication to this country? Uhh befriend terrorists. McCain served in the military and was held prisoner of war... McCain was offered by the enemies a free pass out but he rfused unless his fellow soldiers were allowed to leave. They said no so McCain said no and stayed POW.

Yeah it's okay to kill babies (abortion) but not mass murderers according to liberals. Yeah that makes some real ****in sense. A fetus becomes a baby at 4 months during the pregnancy.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 AM

399 posts, read 555,164 times
Republicans are the ones who do not want piece. The constantly redicule Obama. There where people who wanted 12 years of failed policies.
The republicans were like sore losers yesterday.

Seriously the majority of hate (especially on this forum) comes from republicans. I sense: sarcasm, egotistics, narcassism. This one of the caucasian cultural attributes.

Futcha -- all you do is make yourself look ignorant with the bad language. You make republicans look worse, just stop.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM

956 posts, read 1,235,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
Republicans are the ones who do not want piece. The constantly redicule Obama. There where people who wanted 12 years of failed policies.
The republicans were like sore losers yesterday.

Seriously the majority of hate (especially on this forum) comes from republicans. I sense: sarcasm, egotistics, narcassism. This one of the caucasian cultural attributes.................
The Republicans aren't sore losers. How can you possibly say that? We're disappointed just as you would be, but we're not sore losers. We have more class than that.

Yes we ridiculed Obama. We didn't support him. Now he's our President, too, and so we will. But we will most definitely hold him accountable. He is promising a "United" States of America. Now he must deliver that by his actions. It can't be all about what the Democrats want. That's not how it works.

If you see this forum as full of hateful Republicans, take a look at the majority of members who are for Obama. It is the vast majority and it was very hard sometimes for those of us supporting for McCain to even keep up.

So you see the hate from Republicans ... I see the opposite. It's all about perception.

And while I never correct anyone's spelling, the word is "peace", not "piece". It's one word that is extremely meaningful so I believe it's important to get it right.

Everyone wants peace ... everyone.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,494,439 times
I can agree with you on one thing - it is all about perception. I am not sure how you can say Republicans have too much class to be sore losers. While you have responded in a dignified and respectful manner, your fellow Reps have not. You have individuals in this thread who are referring to Obama as a POS and saying that he is not their president. In other threads people are claiming Obama will turn the US into a third world country. They are the ones who do not want to unite and support our new President. To me, that is the definition of being a sore losers and having absolutely no class.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
The Republicans aren't sore losers. How can you possibly say that? We're disappointed just as you would be, but we're not sore losers. We have more class than that.

Yes we ridiculed Obama. We didn't support him. Now he's our President, too, and so we will. But we will most definitely hold him accountable. He is promising a "United" States of America. Now he must deliver that by his actions. It can't be all about what the Democrats want. That's not how it works.

If you see this forum as full of hateful Republicans, take a look at the majority of members who are for Obama. It is the vast majority and it was very hard sometimes for those of us supporting for McCain to even keep up.

So you see the hate from Republicans ... I see the opposite. It's all about perception.

And while I never correct anyone's spelling, the word is "peace", not "piece". It's one word that is extremely meaningful so I believe it's important to get it right.

Everyone wants peace ... everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections