Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 08:34 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,472,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
That's ok mommabear, with dem control of house, senate and exec, if you prefer being passive it will all happen without you just the same. Railing against the majority of the country doesn't make you moderate but of course you can call yourself whatever you like. Just remember the rest of us aren't obliged to play along with whatever you've chosen to believe.
Ruling from the fringes of the political spectrum doesn't unify the country (we should know this already, Bush, ring a bell?) and it sure as hell doesn't make anyone a moderate no matter what Obama would us to believe. In an interview with Charles Gibson, Obama stated, "Sometimes Republicans have good ideas." Hmmm, let me see, that translates to, 3%, as that's how many times he's voted on the Repub. side. Obama talks like a moderate but his past actions (and his proposals) strongly indicates where he's going to rule from... and it's not the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 08:37 AM

18,359 posts, read 26,520,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
I can agree with you on one thing - it is all about perception. I am not sure how you can say Republicans have too much class to be sore losers. While you have responded in a dignified and respectful manner, your fellow Reps have not. You have individuals in this thread who are referring to Obama as a POS and saying that he is not their president. In other threads people are claiming Obama will turn the US into a third world country. They are the ones who do not want to unite and support our new President. To me, that is the definition of being a sore losers and having absolutely no class.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
This isn't a friendly card game or something. There are some serious issues at stake.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:41 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,481,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
What are you talking about? No Obama supporters on here "want violence and hate." In any case, violence and hate are what Palin's been preaching for 2 months.

Get real.
Exactly!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:45 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,494,439 times
So that's your excuse for being crass, rude and ignorant?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This isn't a friendly card game or something. There are some serious issues at stake.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:46 AM

43 posts, read 97,845 times
Quote:
I will continue to disagree with Obama and how he wants to run this country, but hatred and anger isn't going to somehow make McCain president. Best thing we can do as those who did not vote for the man is do our part in standing for what we believe in, and getting more involved in things that will help better this country.

And as much as I'm disappointed I congratulate Obama and his supporters.
100% agreed!

Old 11-05-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
So that's your excuse for being crass, rude and ignorant?

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
You mean making intelligent observations?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:56 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,853,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugsy View Post
I voted for McCain.

OK, So now we have Obama...

Calm down. We need to unite and join together.

Hello, We are the largest country, the USA!!!

We are the largest country in Ameriaca. Now get it together!

Let's UNITE!!

People, come on and get your stuff together!!!

We are the

US OF A, the Biggest Country and we will prevail!!!
Well Said Mugsy. It is so sad that there are morons on here who seem to want an attack on America just to say " i told you so".....Pathetic.
Henry Ford once said... "Whether you think you can or you think you can't...... You're probably right. Looks like there are losers who think America can't. In January, Obama will be sworn in as the President of the United States. He will be the President of every Citizen and Resident of the USA. Time for this country to come together for the good of ALL Americans.
You are what America needs, Mugsy, a voice of reason against the voices of hatred.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Well Said Mugsy. It is so sad that there are morons on here who seem to want an attack on America just to say " i told you so".....Pathetic.
Henry Ford once said... "Whether you think you can or you think you can't...... You're probably right. Looks like there are losers who think America can't. In January, Obama will be sworn in as the President of the United States. He will be the President of every Citizen and Resident of the USA. Time for this country to come together for the good of ALL Americans.
You are what America needs, Mugsy, a voice of reason against the voices of hatred.
Once again...for 46 or 47 percent of Americans, he is not their president. He does not represent them. He's not my president. He's a fool but a dangerous one at that.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:06 AM

2,195 posts, read 3,643,122 times
Quote:
Once again...for 46 or 47 percent of Americans, he is not their president. He does not represent them. He's not my president. He's a fool but a dangerous one at that.
I sincerely doubt that as many voters as you think feel as you feel. They may disagree with what they think he represents, but they still will view him as their president, after the inauguration.

For those who believe that he is not their president and that he does not represent them, they fail to understand the United States.

Part of why I've been so unhappy with the Bush administration is that Bush is my president and he does represent me, whether I like it or not.

Bush is my president and Obama will be your president. The sooner you (singularly and plurally) can accept this truth of the American way, the sooner we, collectively, can move forward.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:11 AM

312 posts, read 726,395 times
Quote:
Once again...for 46 or 47 percent of Americans, he is not their president.
Doesn't matter whether they think he is or not -- he IS their president, he's my president, he's your president -- people need to put on their big boy pants and deal with it by standing behind him and trying to unite and heal this country whether they voted for him or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections