Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2008, 09:46 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times

Advertisements

This is my LAST POST EVER on this forum. THERE IS MUCH WORK TO BE DONE and I'm PROUD to play a part in it.

The only time in my life I have EVER felt this way is when I saw the Berlin Wall being torn down on TV...and that was not even this good. We have FINALLY turned the corner. We have seen history - we have seen change - POSITIVE change take place before our eyes. We are entering a new dawn in America, and hopefully the world. Change is exhilerating and it is scary - it's uncharted. But it is needed and I'm SO PROUD of my fellow Americans today.

I KNOW the bashes this will get - I KNOW the negativity that will arise... but I'm imune. It's time to leave that and move forward. Which is WHY this is my last post here. We finally have a PRESIDENT who will NOT DICTATE that his way is the only way - that we are ALL Americans. It's time to go on to a NEW era, NEW beginning, and having the ABILITY to be PROUD of our nation after 8 LONG years.

GOD BLESS AMERICA>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM

542 posts, read 1,685,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
This is my LAST POST EVER on this forum. THERE IS MUCH WORK TO BE DONE and I'm PROUD to play a part in it.

The only time in my life I have EVER felt this way is when I saw the Berlin Wall being torn down on TV...and that was not even this good. We have FINALLY turned the corner. We have seen history - we have seen change - POSITIVE change take place before our eyes. We are entering a new dawn in America, and hopefully the world. Change is exhilerating and it is scary - it's uncharted. But it is needed and I'm SO PROUD of my fellow Americans today.

I KNOW the bashes this will get - I KNOW the negativity that will arise... but I'm imune. It's time to leave that and move forward. Which is WHY this is my last post here. We finally have a PRESIDENT who will NOT DICTATE that his way is the only way - that we are ALL Americans. It's time to go on to a NEW era, NEW beginning, and having the ABILITY to be PROUD of our nation after 8 LONG years.

GOD BLESS AMERICA>
What work is to be done and how will you play a part in it? I'm not bashing your post, but I keep hearing about working together, unity and I want to know what it is that you all will be doing specifically to help this country and help Obama unify this country?

Call me skeptical, but I suspect most of the American people, Dems and Repubs alike, to go on about their business as usual.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:50 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Absolutely, EEEPNJ. Venom and hatred is the refuge of the ignorant.
Well done Obama.
No one cares about the stupid hateful, ignorant, anti Obama comments.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:53 AM

542 posts, read 1,685,005 times
You're right, all of the comments on both side aren't helpful...but all the talk about hope and change don't help either. I want to hear about actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections