Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 01:56 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,607,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
The stupid ideas he spews make me puke.
Please address the thread topic or find another thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2008, 01:58 PM

135 posts, read 224,233 times
Looks like there are still some sore losers. Life is a lot more enjoyable not focusing on the negatives (aka in their world - things that more people disagree with you on than agree). Maybe you could think of ways to help improve something you find imperfect to begin with. I mean if it's so bad, then there must be room for improvement, right? Or do you expect everything to be laid out in front of you in an already "perfect" (in your opinion) state so that you don't need to do anything at all?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpelp View Post
Looks like there are still some sore losers. Life is a lot more enjoyable not focusing on the negatives (aka in their world - things that more people disagree with you on than agree). Maybe you could think of ways to help improve something you find imperfect to begin with. I mean if it's so bad, then there must be room for improvement, right? Or do you expect everything to be laid out in front of you in an already "perfect" (in your opinion) state so that you don't need to do anything at all?
Did you visit the site? What do you think....The GSA Transition Directory is very interesting, isn't it?

Old 11-07-2008, 02:06 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,092,085 times
There's nothing new about this idea for Obama. Back in April, 2008, Time Magazine wrote an article about how the Dems had moved past the Republicans to take hold of the internet technology and use it to their advantage. Both Obama and Hillary were far more successful raising funds with far less resources than McCain, who went the usual rubber chicken route. And Obama went a few steps further making his site truly interactive. Supporters were able to network with each other which worked to feed the machine as a whole.

Still can't forgive the blatant grammatical errors though. Not with that kind of budget to throw around designing a website!

Old 11-07-2008, 02:08 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,516,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Please address the thread topic or find another thread.
I did. The topic was change.gov and the question asked was:

Quote:
What do you think?
And I gave my answer. Gun bans, forced servitude...disgusting, big brother control freak crap.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
There's nothing new about this idea for Obama. Back in April, 2008, Time Magazine wrote an article about how the Dems had moved past the Republicans to take hold of the internet technology and use it to their advantage. Both Obama and Hillary were far more successful raising funds with far less resources than McCain, who went the usual rubber chicken route. And Obama went a few steps further making his site truly interactive. Supporters were able to network with each other which worked to feed the machine as a whole.

Still can't forgive the blatant grammatical errors though. Not with that kind of budget to throw around designing a website!
That's always annoying, isn't it? I really hate seeing this when I visit one of the big newspaper sites....there it's unforgivable. I think the site offers a lot in the way of a trend that will have to be continued, dependent upon the direction and level of transparency, but the President-elect has the best in the biz behind him in the Valley.

Last edited by walidm; 11-07-2008 at 02:55 PM..

Old 11-07-2008, 06:58 PM

7,961 posts, read 9,171,188 times
Unfortunately, still no concrete info on premium cost on his health plan. Pretty much just lifted the info on his old web site. Hopefully he'll have more information soon.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:24 PM

Location: Sometimes Maryland, sometimes NoVA. Depends on the day of the week
1,501 posts, read 11,756,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Ok, surfing the website, the job page lists locations all over the world. Is there something we dont know?
We do have embassies all over the world.

What I find fascinating is that there is a job application page for political appointee positions. As a career gov't employee, I saw how the last administration handled political appointees, and it was all based on party loyalty and the donations you or your family gave. My favorite was a 32-year-old appointed as General Counsel (i.e. top lawyer) at a regulatory agency The fact that someone like me could go apply for one of this positions is great. Probably will still go to large donors (yes, I'm jaded), but still cool to think it could go to someone who is actually experienced in the area.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:40 PM

523 posts, read 1,681,248 times
What a great thing! While I haven't yet fully explored the site, I think it's fantastic that the new administration is reaching directly out to people. What a way for citizens to get involved and feel connected.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:50 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,313,256 times
It looks like college tuition is going to go up $4000 a year overnight. Anybody want to take bets on that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections