Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 03:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

Although I did not support John, I think he is a very decent man. I think the man we say from the convention to the election. The selection of Palin, and the very negative campaigning we saw was not John but the powers within the Republican Party. And sadly they made McCain look like a fool, especially in regards to the vetting of Palin, and going back on the promise not to go negative. Basically John got screwed by the mindset within the party bosses.

The Republican Party has a lot of house cleaning to do before they become a viable choice again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 05:11 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,966,793 times
I agree and that was a very nice letter. I still do think the buck stops with him as far as the selection of Palin goes - a presidential candidate should be able to control his own staff and pick someone qualified - but we know he wanted Liebermann anyway. I feel bad for him that this is how it all ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Although I did not support John, I think he is a very decent man. I think the man we say from the convention to the election. The selection of Palin, and the very negative campaigning we saw was not John but the powers within the Republican Party. And sadly they made McCain look like a fool, especially in regards to the vetting of Palin, and going back on the promise not to go negative. Basically John got screwed by the mindset within the party bosses.

The Republican Party has a lot of house cleaning to do before they become a viable choice again.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:26 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,147,347 times
Thanks Teatime. I appreciate the class with which John McCain conceded both in his speech and in this email. Thank you for sharing it. I hope we can all work together now. In several of my posts on these threads, I have said that I liked the John McCain we knew in 2000, and I like the John McCain who conceded the election. I think he would have made a good president but lost the election for the reasons Asheville Native said.

By the way, Teatime, your sharing this letter was also a class act! Thanks.

Old 11-08-2008, 05:40 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,482,428 times
Thanks teatime. I always knew that real McCain was in there, and it was sad to see such a great guy forced to become someone he wasn't. In any case, he'll serve us as a fantastic senator.

His tragic flaw...he was just too decent of a man.

Old 11-08-2008, 06:22 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Very classy. As was his concession speech.
Too bad his campaign was anything but classy - he ran one of the dirtiest campaigns of my lifetime... he is anything BUT classy - more like slimy.

Funny how politicians are contrite for the disgusting way they behaved AFTER they lose.

And his campaign staffers probably wrote that message and mass e-mailed it to millions...

Wow - that's real classy...

Old 11-08-2008, 07:15 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Quake View Post
McCain is such a bitter old sore loser.
People like this poster who bash McCain make others bash Obama.
Obama supporters are the ones who are bitter. Just read the post of this OP.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,089,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Too bad his campaign was anything but classy - he ran one of the dirtiest campaigns of my lifetime... he is anything BUT classy - more like slimy.

Funny how politicians are contrite for the disgusting way they behaved AFTER they lose.

And his campaign staffers probably wrote that message and mass e-mailed it to millions...

Wow - that's real classy...
Agreed his campaign had its share of dirty tricks. As did Hillary's. Obama's. Romneys. Huckabee's. And so on. What else did you want to know about politics?

McCain probably lost control over the campaign's momentum at some point or maybe he never really had it. His concession speech and that letter showed class. The people who just choose not to accept it or to tear it to shreds POST ELECTION?

Classless.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:26 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,838,527 times
Welcome back to the REAL John McCain. That is the man that should have run for President.

I hope he remains true to himself and this country in the future and stays far away from Karl Rove and the GOP Machine.

That was a wonderful follow up to the great speech he gave on Tuesday night.

Old 11-08-2008, 09:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
Thanks Teatime. I appreciate the class with which John McCain conceded both in his speech and in this email. Thank you for sharing it. I hope we can all work together now. In several of my posts on these threads, I have said that I liked the John McCain we knew in 2000, and I like the John McCain who conceded the election. I think he would have made a good president but lost the election for the reasons Asheville Native said.

By the way, Teatime, your sharing this letter was also a class act! Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Welcome back to the REAL John McCain. That is the man that should have run for President.

I hope he remains true to himself and this country in the future and stays far away from Karl Rove and the GOP Machine.

That was a wonderful follow up to the great speech he gave on Tuesday night.
I agree with all the above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections