Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 01:37 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times

Advertisements

very eye-opening.

Quote:
"I was just really curious how they'd react to something that different, because a lot of people at my school wore Obama shirts and they are big Obama supporters," Catherine told us. "I just really wanted to see what their reaction would be."
"One person told me to go die. It was a lot of dying. A lot of comments about how I should be killed," Catherine said, of the tolerance in Oak Park.
Tolerance fails T-shirt test -- chicagotribune.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2008, 01:49 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Not surprising in the least. Liberals are just slightly more tolerant than Islamic fascists. It is a good thing she only wore the McCain shirt one day. Had she worn it for two days they would have tried to behead her. All the violence perpetrated before, during, and after the election has been by the liberals. This should not surprise anyone, since political intolerance and violence has been the liberal trademark since at least 1968.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:51 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
I'm not surprised at all. I find that most people are very tolerant of everything, as long as it's all the same things that they believe.

Could have saved this kid the trouble. Did the same kind of experiment in the '90s.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Not surprising in the least. Liberals are just slightly more tolerant than Islamic fascists. It is a good thing she only wore the McCain shirt one day. Had she worn it for two days they would have tried to behead her. All the violence perpetrated before, during, and after the election has been by the liberals. This should not surprise anyone, since political intolerance and violence has been the liberal trademark since at least 1968.
she probably wouldn't have lasted an hour with a palin t-shirt. this particular crowd appeared to be more into crucifixion than beheading.

Quote:
One student suggested that she be put up on a cross for her political beliefs.

"He said, 'You should be crucifixed.' It was kind of funny because, I was like, don't you mean 'crucified?' " Catherine said.
what a brave kid. i guess she's getting an early introduction into the liberal world of tolerance and love

Old 11-14-2008, 01:55 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,587,645 times
This is hardly surprising.

Oak Park, Illinois is an affluent, very liberal Chicago suburb.

What would happen if she wore an Obama t-shirt in some backwards religious small town in Alabama?

Oak Park, Ill is diehard Obama Country. Again, the reactions to her McCain shirt are not surprising.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 PM

687 posts, read 1,947,271 times
I also visit my local middle school in search of reasoned, intelligent, and pointed debate.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
I also visit my local middle school in search of reasoned, intelligent, and pointed debate.
fascinating. i suggest you leave your mccain t-shirt at home, or someone may decide to crucifix you.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:10 PM

687 posts, read 1,947,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
fascinating. i suggest you leave your mccain t-shirt at home, or someone may decide to crucifix you.
So long as I don't get any atomic wedgies, I think I'll be okay.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:14 PM

998 posts, read 1,514,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierob82 View Post
This is hardly surprising.

Oak Park, Illinois is an affluent, very liberal Chicago suburb.

What would happen if she wore an Obama t-shirt in some backwards religious small town in Alabama?

Oak Park, Ill is diehard Obama Country. Again, the reactions to her McCain shirt are not surprising.
Exactly.

We've had adult conservatives on here cheering on the shooting of a teen who messed with a yard sign, along with other, similar comments for children of liberals.

So a kid telling another kid to die is fairly tame. Not to mention, kids say "die" to other kids all the time, for many more "reasons" than just politics.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:21 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
very eye-opening.

The really eye-opening part:

They were 8th graders.

All of you McCain folks better beware of middle schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections