Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,063,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC Investor2 View Post
That "Gang of Crooks" ended the war the democrats started.

The WU was setting off bombs 2 years prior to the watergate break-in, so Nixon's later action provide no cover for them.

And I doubt anyone hear making excuses for the WU Bombings would let off an Abortion clinic bomber if their actions only resulted in property damage.

We change policies in this country by the ballot, not the bomb or bullet. Ayers should be in prison or in the ground.
How about respected education professor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Nostalgia for what? Bombing government buildings, Arson & pissing on their country?

Put down your Doobie. Most People are repelled by the conduct of the Anti-War movement in the 60's and groups like the Weatherman in particular.
But the millions who aren't were drawn to Obama. If they were so turned off why didn't the accusations have legs? Maybe this gives some insights.

The History Place - The Patriot: Movie Review
The Patriot, directed by Roland Emmerich and starring Mel Gibson, offers a fictionalized look at a South Carolina militia group comprised of American misfits. They are led by reluctant warrior Benjamin Martin (Gibson), a seasoned veteran of the earlier French and Indian War, who still regrets his participation in the uncontrolled savagery that occurred back then.

The agent of change or the agent of dropping napalm on villages and killing woman and children. A patriot who led a rebellion in part beause of the savage behavior he engaged in because of government. Hmmmm yes oh yes the nostalgia of it all.

Stop the War then and Now.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
McCain = US Senator, War Hero, POW, Naval Officer

Ayers = Unrepetant Terrorist

On What Planet is Ayers even fit to wipe McCain's A$$?
McCain equal a man who used a now banned weapon without repent and then met his victims survivors face to face. A real American hero in the same mold as Audi Murphy?

http://www.itwaslost.org/2008/10/of-...ve-memory.html
I wanted to translate this particular one for you, because it mentions John McCain. And it brings up an issue that no one mentions these days: the fact that McCain was conducting a napalm air raid when he was shot down

This is interesting. Makes me think of the various subtle forms of courage....moral responsibility...not just knowing the truth of the moral questions in the system but acting on your awareness. How many missed opportunities and moments of weakness McCain has had...seeing what Napalm does and knowing that blanketing Vietnam in it was criminal, but doing it anyway. experiencing torture himself and knowing that it is criminal, objecting to it for years, and then just in the last few months dropping his objections to torture for political gain.
It seems to me there are some larger questions at play here, which are relevant to all of us. the question of personal moral responsibility when one is positioned in a bureaucracy or a hierarchy in which one is expected to take orders, perform in a certain way in order to maintain a career trajectory or to maintain the favor of superiors.McCain dropped napalm because he was following orders, as a "good soldier" is supposed to. but if you have a choice between being a "good soldier" and staying right with your own moral concience, even if it comes with a dishonorable discharge, perhaps you should consider making the choice to disobey orders.

Killing babies for continued personal gain and the ultimate goals of Admiral or political office make you worthy of very little in the eyes of those whe were demonstrating in the name of civility.

It is on this planet in this nation in this the year that he was defeated to answer your question. Yes Ayers won the debate and McCain is now on the bench sitting in the poop he dropped when he didn't have to.

YesBama 08

Last edited by TuborgP; 11-10-2008 at 08:20 AM..

Old 11-10-2008, 09:02 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,496,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Put down your Martini, most sane people are also repelled by the actions of the group of corrupt scumbags that inhabited the White House during the Nixon administration.

Nixon straightened out the Kennedy/Johnson abortion of Vietnam. He later got caught stealing the plans to the Edsal, all in all pretty good.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post

Killing babies for continued personal gain and the ultimate goals of Admiral or political office make you worthy of very little in the eyes of those whe were demonstrating in the name of civility.

YesBama 08

You make mcCain sound like an abortionist or at least one in the abortionist party. Very weak argument.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:18 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,445,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironclad View Post
Nixon straightened out the Kennedy/Johnson abortion of Vietnam. He later got caught stealing the plans to the Edsal, all in all pretty good.

And how many needless deaths was he responsible for in that overly long alleged 'straightening out'?

And Cambodia? That bombing was legal and/or justified because?

And BTW, it was Eisenhower who began the US presence in Vietnam, how much different things might have been had he followed his own warnings about the MIC and let the aftermath of the Vietnamese war against French Colonialism find its own solution.

Watergate was hardly the biggest offense of the Nixon White House, he got an ill-deserved pass before all could be discovered.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
And how many needless deaths was he responsible for in that overly long alleged 'straightening out'?

And Cambodia? That bombing was legal and/or justified because?

And BTW, it was Eisenhower who began the US presence in Vietnam, how much different things might have been had he followed his own warnings about the MIC and let the aftermath of the Vietnamese war against French Colonialism find its own solution.

Watergate was hardly the biggest offense of the Nixon White House, he got an ill-deserved pass before all could be discovered.

Eisenhower sent less than 1,000 advisor's, Kennedy escalated, Johnson, McNamara and Westmorland deserve a special place in hell. Nixon brought ME home, I have no beef with him and thats even after I met him and the great Admiral Zumwalt once.
Watergate was nuthin but a stupid footnote in history.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Eisenhower sent less than 1,000 advisor's, Kennedy escalated, Johnson, McNamara and Westmorland deserve a special place in hell. Nixon brought ME home, I have no beef with him and thats even after I met him and the great Admiral Zumwalt once.
Watergate was nuthin but a stupid footnote in history.
I never said Ike sent many, it's STILL him that got our involvement started just in case those who make lame attempts to label it a Democrat's war haven't bothered to check simple facts.

There's good evidence Kennedy had already recognized the folly of fighting someone else's battle and things might hve been a lot different had he lived.

I agree about Johnson, MacNamara, and Westmorland. If they built a gallows on the National Mall and put MacNamara's neck in the noose I would happily pull the lever with zero care or remorse.

HOW MANY didn't come home because of Nixon's political delays in ending the war? For that alone I hope he's found an especially horrid circle of hell.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
HOW MANY didn't come home because of Nixon's political delays in ending the war? For that alone I hope he's found an especially horrid circle of hell.

He Emailed me from Valhalla, the waters fine!

Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
He Emailed me from Valhalla, the waters fine!

Please, I'd like to continue believing there will be some justice in the next world, far too many scumbags never faced it in this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections