Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:06 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,648,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I keep seeing you say fungible.

Just for the future and this is done with all do respect:

1 : being of such a nature that one part or quantity may be replaced by another equal part or quantity in the satisfaction of an obligation <oil, wheat, and lumber are fungible commodities>

fungible[2] - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary
The definition isn't necessary, I know exactly what it means. But thank you, and for future reference and to keep you from feeling alarmed - I will continue to say it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,648,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
And the more idiotic things she'll undoubtedly say during said interviews, the more people will "analyze" and the more we'll all laugh and make jokes...see how that works?
The only thing better than replaying a train wreck is watching the same train wreck in a new way?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 AM

29,917 posts, read 39,569,723 times
Quote:
And the more idiotic things she'll undoubtedly say during said interviews, the more people will "analyze" and the more we'll all laugh and make jokes...see how that works?
I guess you could define obsession better but I couldn't present a more perfect example.....

Old 11-12-2008, 08:14 AM

1,966 posts, read 2,710,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
The only thing better than replaying a train wreck is watching the same train wreck in a new way?
Exactly.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:15 AM

472 posts, read 874,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
After watching this interview, I felt sorry for her for the first time. As much as I dislike her, I think she is just a product of her limited background. It made me realize that many of her views are shaped by the environment she is in, the small town of Wasilla and her personal experiences. I still think they may be a dysfunctional family but it was kind of nice to see them all interacting like a family. She is just a very average person with a very average life, I do not think people like her are qualified for a high level executive position.

I agree 100%. I have little against Palin... she was completely out of her league running for national office, but I imagine she's a nice woman, one on one.... if you haven't been her enemy.

I will say that there is certainly an strong characteristic of narcissism that she exhibits... but that goes hand in hand with any politician... sTILL going off message during the campaign, holding interviews after the campaign, repeating the same mistakes. She's a great communicator when scripted, but doesn't seem to be to instinctive when it comes to unscripted conversation. I think there is a future for her in the Republican party... maybe not 2012... but certain afterward. She's proven she can rally the base... but that is all she connects with. And to win elections you need to appeal more than just your base.

Old 11-12-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I guess you could define obsession better but I couldn't present a more perfect example.....
Dude, you're the one who's obsessed. If you can't get your head around that, it's no one's problem but your own.

We're just commenting on what's in the news...what's on all the networks...what's being talked about (mainly joked about) by all the pundits and commentators on both sides.

You're the one who feels some weird, obsessive need to defend her, despite all of her obvious flaws that are being repeatedly shoved in all of our faces every single day by Palin herself, via her dimwitted interactions with the MSM.

Get over yourself already. No one's obsessed but you.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:25 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,270,742 times
Quote:
It's the Circle of Life.

Old 11-12-2008, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
It's the Circle of Life.
Ah, fantastic...now I'm gonna have the song stuck in my head all day...thanks a lot!

Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,270,742 times
Quote:
Comfortable as is..... Let's think about that. She went from city council to mayor to governor. She's 44 and she has a big family... She has shown more ambition than 99% of the country and yet somehow she is still considered happy with the status quo....
She's a small town girl on bigger and bigger stages, but she doesnt adapt. Since she came to the national stage straight from the Alaska governor position, it's obvious that position doesnt require a lot of political sophistication. She didnt even train for interviews; the VP debate format had to be truncated for her, acknowledging her inability to speak adeptly beyond her broadest talking points; even by late October she still hadnt bothered to look up what a vice president's job is. That's what I call "comfortable as is."

Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,074,672 times
She was great on Greta. As well as with Matt Lauer. She will be on Larry King tonight as well as Wolf Blitzer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections