Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 12:56 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times

Advertisements

To hell with you Bush!

Transparency in government is not something that you are used to, is it?

Bush and his cronies are having hissy fits that Obama camp told the American people what was up. "Senator Obama would be wise to keep close counsel," a top Bush source warned.

Too damn bad you little Bush twits.

Bush once again wants to screw America with the Columbia Free Trade deal.
Go away already Bush. You've stomped on this country and its Constitution enough.

Bush Angered at Obama Aide leaks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2008, 01:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Lord knows it couldn't have been a Bushie that did the leaking.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:18 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,643 times
Just about anything that pisses off Bush is a good thing, in my book

Old 11-11-2008, 01:24 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,983,180 times
The real question is, once Bush is out of office, will the US Government ever attempt to prosecute the entire Bush Administration for lying us into the Iraq War, trashing our Constitution with illegal wiretaps, torturing prisoners, and ignoring pre-9/11 warnings.

There were lots of legal issues concerning Bush which were swept under the rug when Republicans were in complete control of government. Republicans often wouldn't even allow Congressional hearings on things involving 9/11. Some Democrats in Congress, like Cynthia McKinney and John Conyers, had to conduct their own hearings in the basement of the Capitol Building.

Old 11-11-2008, 01:30 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,849,212 times
This quote made me actually LAUGH OUT LOUD:

Bush advisers view the leaks as an effort to undermine the president's remaining days in office.

How do you undermine the credibility of a President with the worst rating since Nixon?

Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,723,787 times
A message has been sent to the Bush administration ... me likey! I can't wait to hear the stories of all the letter O's missing off computer keyboards.

And the quote from the Bushies:
Senator Obama would be wise to keep close counsel," a top Bush source warned.

Ooooooh, I'm askeered ... what, is Bush gonna send President Cheney over and bust Podesta's kneecaps with an errant shotgun blast? Is Rahm Emmanuel's other middle finger going to "sleep with the fishes?"

I can hear the theme to the Godfather going through my head when I re-read that comment.

Good riddance, keep leaking!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
The real question is, once Bush is out of office, will the US Government ever attempt to prosecute the entire Bush Administration for lying us into the Iraq War, trashing our Constitution with illegal wiretaps, torturing prisoners, and ignoring pre-9/11 warnings.

There were lots of legal issues concerning Bush which were swept under the rug when Republicans were in complete control of government. Republicans often wouldn't even allow Congressional hearings on things involving 9/11. Some Democrats in Congress, like Cynthia McKinney and John Conyers, had to conduct their own hearings in the basement of the Capitol Building.
There are going to be so many civil suits on Bush it will make his head spin. I would expect to see the families of 9/11 victims to fire the first shots. Most of them never accepted the 9/11 Commission's findings. Next up, Hurricane Katrina ravaged coastal cities and the insurance companies that were almost bankrupted. Then....

Old 11-11-2008, 02:19 PM

820 posts, read 1,202,649 times
Mr. Obama is clearly an honorable man.

It is not impossible that he is privately livid over the leak and his chief of Staff in on a mission to prevent the perp from ever embarrassing the President-Elect again.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
There are going to be so many civil suits on Bush it will make his head spin. I would expect to see the families of 9/11 victims to fire the first shots. Most of them never accepted the 9/11 Commission's findings. Next up, Hurricane Katrina ravaged coastal cities and the insurance companies that were almost bankrupted. Then....
I don't know if Bush will have to answer any civil suits. He more than likely will not even remain in this country after he leaves The White House. Bush should to be tried for all of his crimes, even if it is in absentia.

Old 11-11-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
Mr. Obama is clearly an honorable man.

It is not impossible that he is privately livid over the leak and his chief of Staff in on a mission to prevent the perp from ever embarrassing the President-Elect again.
I don't think there is such a thing as "unintentional leaks" when it comes to Washington politics. This was a bold negotiating tactic by Obama. Bush was trying to play hardball by holding up Columbian Free Trade in exchange for assistance to the automotive industry as part of the Wall Street bailout, and Obama called him out on it (without really personally calling him out on it).

That's my take on this anyway. Obama knows that Bush has no real political currency left on the open market. Only behind closed doors.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-2nd-stimulus/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections