Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 05:21 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,214,209 times

Advertisements

Wow, a McCain advisor did this?

"identified himself as the source of a FOX News Channel story" - Did Fox retract it, too? Hm, maybe this is their way of retracting.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 05:33 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,933,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
But as far as I know, the story about Palin's confusion about Africa hasn't been proven false. In fact, Palin's first comments about that controversy, which she described as "the continent versus the country," certainly make it seem plausible that Palin didn't realize that Africa is a continent: "'If there are allegations based on questions or comments that I made in debate prep about NAFTA, and about the continent vs. the country when we talk about Africa there, then those were taken out of context,' she said." Um, if Africa the country doesn't exist, how could there be a "continent versus country" discussion during debate prep?
Palin denounces her critics as cowardly - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081107/ap_on_el_pr/palin_clothing#full - broken link)
BS and nothing else. But, people always have to have some sort of LIE to hang their hat onto when they HATE as so many do. In fact, it has all been proven to be a lie. Hell, even CNN a few days ago already had debunked most of what was said, including the Africa story. The only reason you don't want to believe it is a lie is because you dislike her so much.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2Westchester View Post
and the McCain camp couldnt discredit this right away? and they wanted to run the US? hahahaha
What was with them, they didnt vet ANYTHING that darkened their doorway!

Quote:
There was NO skepticism, on the part of Fox, when that story was reported.
Check out Fox's typically weasel spin: "MSNBC Retracts False Palin Story, Others Duped"

hahahahaha

edit - No - NCYank points out in another thread there was no McCain advisor. This is too complicated for me this morning.

Last edited by delusianne; 11-13-2008 at 05:55 AM.. Reason: fair and balanced

Old 11-13-2008, 05:39 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,073,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow, a McCain advisor did this?

"identified himself as the source of a FOX News Channel story" - Did Fox retract it, too? Hm, maybe this is their way of retracting.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.
No, not a McCain advisor.

Quote:
Yet neither he nor the institute exist; each is part of a hoax dreamed up by a filmmaker named Eitan Gorlin and his partner, Dan Mirvish, the New York Times reported Wednesday.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:40 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,847,411 times
Well it doesn't debunk the story about Palin, it only corrects that the supposed source cited was not correct.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:42 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,876,085 times
The media, not facts, shape the views during an election.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
No, not a McCain advisor.
Oh! I see now - thanks! Well, nice of MSNBC to apologize.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,933,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Well it doesn't debunk the story about Palin, it only corrects that the supposed source cited was not correct.
Sorry Ms. Non-Independent, but even CNN came out a couple of days ago and debunked the stories. You really should keep up on the news more if you are going to post about them.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,847,411 times
The problem goes beyond the MSM. Had Americans been given the opportunity to learn more about Palin we would have been better able to judge the validity of this claim.

As it stands, the few times Palin was presented to the press in interviews, she made a fool of herself. That left the door open for stories like these to be believeable.

And from what I've seen of her, I don't doubt that she didn't know that Africa was a continent and I also don't doubt that she did not know which countries were members of NAFTA.

Sad but true.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:46 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,073,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Clearly you studied journalism under Dan Rather. "The source isn't credible, but the story is still true....."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections