Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 PM

998 posts, read 1,515,139 times

Advertisements

I don't think there's really any rhyme or reason as to why the blitz is occurring. She isn't being handled anymore, so the inevitable train wreck ensues. If she thinks that it;s helping her for a run in the future - I think that is all her own. I don't think the GOP is urging her, at all, to do these interviews.

I hope she continues. Each new blunder serves as another reinforcing indicator as to just how incapable of handling a federal level office she is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I am trying to figure out how this woman thinks, as a V.P. candidate she gave only a couple "real" interviews (sorry, FOX and Rush Limbaugh don't count) and in these, she performed miserably.

But, over the past week, she is the headliner at the Republican Governor convention and is everywhere from the 'Today' show, back to FOX, Larry King, and elsewhere, giving 6 interviews in 7 days.

After her miserable showing for V.P., is she seriously setting herself up for a run for President after barely completing half of her first term as Governor? Or is the GOP destined to make her the "face" of the Republican Party?
Well, as the analysts seem to think, there is a war within the Republican Party - Conservative versus Democrat Lite. The Democrat Lite wing of the Republican Party (think the northeastern elite bunch) want to see Palin go away (before 2012) and are undermining her by teaming up, with the mainstream media, against her. The Conservative bunch want the Democrat Lite bunch to take their tut-tuts and go get their nails buffed. Palin, with her public appearances is saying, the heck with you, I'm not going home to hide behind a glacier. So, she's flinging it in their eyeball every chance she gets. My money is on the moose mom. I like her.

Dems are just spectators. Media is just providing the arena.

Old 11-15-2008, 12:28 PM

382 posts, read 954,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
What a stupid thing to say, she is extremely intelligent and well spoken. If you would watch her speech at the governors convention, you would see a lady that is more than capable to achieve any goal she wishes.
Making stupid comments about her just shows what kind of person you are. You could only dream about having a fraction of her abilities or her appeal
The leftists just can't come to terms that their boy Obama won! They need someone to continually belittle and by calling Palin stupid they attempt to make themselves feel smarter. Leftist elites! They just hate the fact that there is a competent, conservative woman on the national scene that isn't a N.O.W. member and a man hating liberal. They are scared to death by Palin, that's why the attacks are so nasty. There would be no reason to continue talking about and demeaning an obscure VP candidate that LOST, except that they are fearful of her message and what that might mean when the savior Obama turns out to be a bust in the next 4 years. Hell, it won't take nearly that long. The longer the leftists and the leftist media keep talking about Palin and keeping her in the spotlight, the more her message will get heard. Let them keep talking!

Old 11-15-2008, 12:34 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,761,834 times
Quote:
I am trying to figure out how this woman thinks, as a V.P. candidate she gave only a couple "real" interviews (sorry, FOX and Rush Limbaugh don't count) and in these, she performed miserably.

But, over the past week, she is the headliner at the Republican Governor convention and is everywhere from the 'Today' show, back to FOX, Larry King, and elsewhere, giving 6 interviews in 7 days.

After her miserable showing for V.P., is she seriously setting herself up for a run for President after barely completing half of her first term as Governor? Or is the GOP destined to make her the "face" of the Republican Party?
In the words of Jim Kerr of Simple Minds:

Don't youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Forget about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
don't don't don't don't
Don't youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Forget about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-Don't You (Forget About Me)
Breakfast Club Soundtrack

Old 11-15-2008, 12:48 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,549,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
In the words of Jim Kerr of Simple Minds:

Don't youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Forget about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
don't don't don't don't
Don't youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Forget about meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

-Don't You (Forget About Me)
Breakfast Club Soundtrack
That song was horrible back in 1985. I did like the movie though.
And Palin is in my age range, she probably watched it on an old VCR like I did. Ah, how quaint.

She will have to get some political chops before she can fend for herself in the sharktank of the GOP though. She will get eaten alive and likely wont be anything more than she was this time, eye candy for the rich old white guys

Old 11-15-2008, 12:51 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,553,637 times
She is just a camera w h o r e, stick a camera (with news logo on the side) in her face and she just won't shutup.

Old 11-15-2008, 05:11 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,761,834 times
She's like an addict ... she's had a taste of the limelight and she wants MORE!!!!

Old 11-16-2008, 12:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expgc View Post
The leftists just can't come to terms that their boy Obama won! They need someone to continually belittle and by calling Palin stupid they attempt to make themselves feel smarter. Leftist elites! They just hate the fact that there is a competent, conservative woman on the national scene that isn't a N.O.W. member and a man hating liberal. They are scared to death by Palin, that's why the attacks are so nasty. There would be no reason to continue talking about and demeaning an obscure VP candidate that LOST, except that they are fearful of her message and what that might mean when the savior Obama turns out to be a bust in the next 4 years. Hell, it won't take nearly that long. The longer the leftists and the leftist media keep talking about Palin and keeping her in the spotlight, the more her message will get heard. Let them keep talking!
It seems the leftists want to steer attention from Obama. I think they do fear what's going to be revealed, how very unprepared he is. Otherwise -- why the constant Palin bashing? It would seem the leftists have much to do but instead prefer to waste their time. They have the White House, the Senate, the Congress and come Jan 21, they have absolutely no excuses.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:05 AM

998 posts, read 1,515,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It seems the leftists want to steer attention from Obama. I think they do fear what's going to be revealed, how very unprepared he is. Otherwise -- why the constant Palin bashing? It would seem the leftists have much to do but instead prefer to waste their time. They have the White House, the Senate, the Congress and come Jan 21, they have absolutely no excuses.
Nope. He won. What you are seeing is us relaxing. A collective sigh of relief. We're just blowing off steam, just like you, on a message board. We're just coming at it from a different angle. We're not capable of nor trying to shape history with our inconsequential debates on City-Data.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:43 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,406,766 times
Quote:

She is nothing more than a gimmick, an attractive woman who fills the void between Obama's victory and the inauguration. She keeps people watching TV, reading papers, and buying magazines. It's doesn't mean she's taken seriously, just entertaining in her simple-mindedness, lunacy, and unpredictability.

The Republicans are a bit premature in talking about candidates for 2012. The shameful party must first re-invent themsleves because it is now obvious that they never knew what the hell they were doing and their ideology is more appropriate for 19th century America. Palin is a farcial party of that pathetic way. Palin for 2012? Absolutely not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections