Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times

Advertisements

Now that his chances of becoming Secretary of State seem extremely unlikely, do you think Kerry will have a chance at any other cabinet office?

My guess is no--which is a shame, because he has a lot going for him. But Obama already has a lot of senators being considered, and he shouldn't overload it. Really, how many senators do you want in a cabinet?

More importantly, I'm not sure what office suits him. He might have more power staying right where he is.

Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Now that his chances of becoming Secretary of State seem extremely unlikely, do you think Kerry will have a chance at any other cabinet office?

My guess is no--which is a shame, because he has a lot going for him. But Obama already has a lot of senators being considered, and he shouldn't overload it. Really, how many senators do you want in a cabinet?

More importantly, I'm not sure what office suits him. He might have more power staying right where he is.

Thoughts?
My thoughts are that I'd love to see the people of Massachusetts get a grip and vote this dolt out of office in the next election. Kerry is such an arrogant arse hole!

Old 11-15-2008, 02:41 PM

3,413 posts, read 8,837,664 times
Kerry was the person responsible for Obama being the Keynote Speaker at the Democrat Convention in 2004- before Obama was elected to the US Senate.

Apparently he and his wife were making a campaign appearance in Illinois and Obama spoke there- they were so impressed that they decided to have him speak at the convention.

Kerry brings alot to the table. I hope he is considered.

Old 11-15-2008, 03:04 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,256,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
Kerry was the person responsible for Obama being the Keynote Speaker at the Democrat Convention in 2004- before Obama was elected to the US Senate.

Apparently he and his wife were making a campaign appearance in Illinois and Obama spoke there- they were so impressed that they decided to have him speak at the convention.

Kerry brings alot to the table. I hope he is considered.
I agree. Wouldn't it be funny if Kerry really is Obama's pick for SOS?

Old 11-16-2008, 05:59 AM

I could see Kerry as Secretary of Education.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
And he was an exceptional speaker himself at the convention this year.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:24 AM

24,406 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'm going to say No. Lieberman has a better chance.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I'm going to say No. Lieberman has a better chance.
Obama definitely has something in mind for Lieberman... but I don't think it's a cabinet position.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:53 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,640,656 times
Kerry isn't going anywhere.

He is on the verge of becoming senior Senator from Massachusetts. He is currently 16th in seniority, 10th among the Dems. Given Byrd's and Inouye's ages, Kennedy's health, and Biden's new job, after the 2010 elections, he is likely to be 6th, at worst, and 9th or 10th overall.

I think now that he is past the Presidential Aspiration stage of his career, he is likely to be focused on staying where he is as long as he can.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
Kerry isn't going anywhere.

He is on the verge of becoming senior Senator from Massachusetts. He is currently 16th in seniority, 10th among the Dems. Given Byrd's and Inouye's ages, Kennedy's health, and Biden's new job, after the 2010 elections, he is likely to be 6th, at worst, and 9th or 10th overall.

I think now that he is past the Presidential Aspiration stage of his career, he is likely to be focused on staying where he is as long as he can.
I think you're right--you can't fill the cabinet with senators. Senators are important, too, and Obama will want to have some of the more influential ones remain right where they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections