Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 08:59 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No gloating here, eh?

Unfortunately, there is still a huge question as to his eligibility, and we will see about that.

Personally, I do not think he is a "natural born citizen", and therefore not qualified. This means that he cannot sign laws, cannot negotiate and sign treaties, is not the "Commander in Chief of the military", etc, etc.

We have a Constitutional crisis here, and it MUST get resolved.
No, you have a willfully ignorant, stubbornly oppostional viewpoint that you refuse to acknowledge. The supreme court has already refused to hear the nuisance case in this matter. Of course, you can personally cling to your unreality fantasy. Just don't expect it to gain momentum.

Quote:
If Obama were qualified, why hasn't he simply produced his valid birth certificate?
He has.

Quote:
He has not.
Has too!

Quote:
There can only be one reason for this; he is not a "natural born citizen".
Quick! Alert the authorities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 09:09 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Talking Out on limbs with Limbaugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
So this precipitous decline is all the republican's fault?
No, not all. I'd say they're no more than 95% responsible.

Quote:
The cost of housing in this country went well beyond the affordability of the middle class because of liberal social engineering.
Prove it.

Quote:
Suddenly there were tens of thousands of people in the market to buy a house who should not have been there. Why? Because liberals felt that poor people were being left out of the homeowning dream.
Result? Housing bubble explodes costing Americans trillions.

I see. The economic meltdown isn't the fault of federal deregulation or everextension of credit by the lending institutions who successfully lobbied the Bush administration for leverage ratios of 40:1. Please, do continue!

Quote:
Liberals have tried to socially engineer the entire black race since the 60's with their war on poverty, racial quotas, and affirmative action.
The result?
Life for blacks is as miserable as ever and more than 70% of black babies are born out of wedlock.
Ah, yes! Now we see the truth. The current economic crisis was brought on by a powerful alliance between the liberal agenda and blacks, who were able to manipulate the GOP controlled banking and finance committees in congress and the Bush administration's SEC.

How could I have missed all that?

Quote:
Aren't you the guy who thought that Sarah Palin was only mildly attractive?
Even if I thought that. As a man I would never say it!
Palin?

hmmmm... speaking of babies born out of wedlock...

Was that part of the liberal social engineering you referred to?

Old 01-02-2009, 09:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Well, I guess I'm stupid then, because I like Rush, and I like Sean Hannity, and I think they have something important to say, it needs to be said, and they have the right to say it. And I do take them seriously.

Free speech is a right guaranteed by our Constitution; therefore, we have a right to have our views heard as much those of you on the left. We get far too much of the leftist views from the mainstream news organizations. Hannity, Limbaugh and others provide the necessary balance.

People like Sean and Rush don't do it for "effect" or for ratings; they do it because they believe that the left must not go unchallenged. And they take their job seriously. They do it because they believe in the concept of "limited government" as set forth in the Constitution, a concept that is being eroded by leftist extremists in powerful positions in both the House and Senate.

The so-called "Reverend" Wright is a hate monger, and a racist. That's why Sean plays that tape. It's important that people know what kind of garbage someone like Obama was listening to for some 20 years.

The mainstream press ignored this.

Hanity and Rush are not "hate mongers", unless it is now hatred to have and voice an opposing view. Apparently it is; but, I hear more hatred coming from the left than from anywhere (just read through this and other threads on this City-Data Forum).

Largely, what the founders had in mind and what is meant by freedom of speech is free political speech (as in the Rush Limbaugh show, and the Sean Hannity Show), and the reason they valued the concept was to keep the people informed and the government in check. This was the charge given the "press" (of which talk radio is a part); nobody should have to fear speaking out against the government or political ideas they don't agree with.

The attempted intimidation of those of us on the right, by you leftist extremists calling our point of view "hate mongering", and "hate speech", is designed to stifle free speech; to shut us up.

This is precisely what the founders feared.

When the day comes that Rush and Hannity are no longer allowed to voice their opposing views, freedom is lost, and people like you will have been the cause.

Now, I really doubt that you are intent on destroying freedom. But some people in this country are, and you must ask yourself, what part are you playing to further that agenda, when you post your hatred for people like Rush and Hannity and your advocacy to silence this important venue of free speech?
WOW You've finally got it!!!! Realizing it is the first step,now it's up to you to change your situation.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 AM

37,796 posts, read 40,996,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
You're right - they were against McCain until shortly after he was nominated... then they were in his camp - and vehemently opposed to Obama...

And seeing how talk radio has become so polarizing and divisive, and filled with hatred and innuendo - I'm beginning to think that the Fairness Doctrine may not be all that bad...
The Fairness Doctrine is anything but fair. Liberal talk radio hasn't been successful from a business standpoint so liberal legislators know that if they force the Fairness Doctrine on radio station owners, pretty soon there will be no more talk radio because half of their programming won't make them any money and they'll go back to a music format. I'll believe the agenda is different when legislators want to apply it to newspapers and TV news starting with PBS.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:43 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,743,510 times
Quote:
Because I trust McCain more and I didn't believe that Obama would act in my or this country's best interest.
Really?
What do you trust about him?
Was it the fact that he didn’t have a clue how the economy was really doing? What was it about that incident that made you continue to trust him?
Was it how he tried to push the amnesty legislation through? When that began to fail miserably he said he really didn’t like the bill, but it was better than doing nothing. What about that made you trust him?
This guy is all over the place. He made more flip flops than John Kerry.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:51 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,543 times
Quote:
Because I trust McCain more and I didn't believe that Obama would act in my or this country's best interest.
But what has McCain DONE???

What would have made him qualified to be President???

I don't care what he said in his political speaches - what has the man DONE???

Old 01-02-2009, 09:53 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,582,543 times
Quote:
No it isn't!
By your logic.
If I played a hate speech by a KKK member in order to prove a point. I would be spewing hate?
Sorry - but Hannity playing the Rev Wright speach over and over months after the election IS PROOF that he incites hatred against Obama...

And comparing Wright to the KKK is quite a stretch... Yes, Wright's speach was deplorable - from our perspective - but probably not from blacks who have lived as 2nd class citizens for a good part of their life..

On the other hand, the KKK is a TERRORIST ORGANIZATION - they have lynched and killed many black Americans over the years... Do you have proof that Rev. Wright had whites put to death??? If not, then your comparison is ignorant...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Sorry - but Hannity playing the Rev Wright speach over and over months after the election IS PROOF that he incites hatred against Obama...
True. And for people who are suckered in by it - what part of "god damn America" do you see in Obama's platform?

Old 01-02-2009, 11:31 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
Really?
What do you trust about him?
Was it the fact that he didn’t have a clue how the economy was really doing? What was it about that incident that made you continue to trust him?
Was it how he tried to push the amnesty legislation through? When that began to fail miserably he said he really didn’t like the bill, but it was better than doing nothing. What about that made you trust him?
This guy is all over the place. He made more flip flops than John Kerry.
I said that I trusted McCain more.
I don't trust Obama as much because I know absolutely nothing about him.
What do you trust about Obama? What about him had you convinced that he would handle the economy or foreign relations better than McCain?
Please bring me over to your side. I need to see the light!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:46 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,842,034 times
Quote:
No it doesn't.
If Sean Hannity is trying to incite hatred, he is doing a very poor job. I do not hate Obama.

Quote:
And comparing Wright to the KKK is quite a stretch... Yes, Wright's speach was deplorable - from our perspective - but probably not from blacks who have lived as 2nd class citizens for a good part of their life..
His speeches are virulent racism. No excuses!
He is a dangerous, ignorant idiot nothing more, nothing less.
If you don't believe it, Google Al Sharpton. The Most Reverend Al Sharpton has the blood of at least 8 people on his hands. A direct result of his speeches.
You're ignorant if you think speeches are never dangerous.
This is where Obama was married, raised his children, and sat for 21 years nodding in approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections