Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 07:49 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Governor Palin has said the same thing I have been carping about. It's time for the candidates to talk to us us what they've done not just talk about fighting (was that a swipe at Bachmann?), talking about ideas or talking in generalities. She wants to hear them talk about their experience in handling things an executive would handle. She also said something like they shouldn't just be Obama in a different ideological suit.

I'm telling you, that's the smackdown on the Congress people candidates who have no experience running anything large and who may have ideas about creating an environment for jobs but have never actually done it. They are not qualified to be President (my opinion).

When are the debate moderators going to get around to relevant experience questions?

Unrelated, she also said she still hasn't made up her mind about running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2011, 08:20 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
I do wish the debates would get into more substance on the issues, and not just ask these gotcha questions. They try too hard to create all of the infighting like they are moderating the Jerry Springer show instead of a political debate. I also don't know if these audiences are helping or hurting the whole process. The media likes to regurgitate the same edited clips over and over again the next day ad nauseum and they only play on one or two issues of the debate that might not even be the ones of the most importance.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:26 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Governor Palin has said the same thing I have been carping about. It's time for the candidates to talk to us us what they've done not just talk about fighting (was that a swipe at Bachmann?), talking about ideas or talking in generalities. She wants to hear them talk about their experience in handling things an executive would handle. She also said something like they shouldn't just be Obama in a different ideological suit.

I'm telling you, that's the smackdown on the Congress people candidates who have no experience running anything large and who may have ideas about creating an environment for jobs but have never actually done it. They are not qualified to be President (my opinion).

When are the debate moderators going to get around to relevant experience questions?

Excellent post, LC. - Thanks....and you are 'on target'

HERE >>''I'm telling you, that's the smackdown on the Congress people candidates who have no experience running anything large and who may have ideas about creating an environment for jobs but have never actually done it. They are not qualified to be President (my opinion).''

Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Which issues of substance can Palin lay claim to answering in a cohesive and substantial way? She could not even name one publication that she read and relied upon to keep her informed. Gotcha questions? You mean like this one....“What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?”...which was the question posed to her in Massachusettes.
Joe Scarborough Sarah Palin | Palin Paul Revere | Video | Mediaite

Yeah, the one and half term Governor Palin is not thin skinned much and is really one to give advice on issues of importance. Sadly, she so exemplifies her base.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Which issues of substance can Palin lay claim to answering in a cohesive and substantial way? She could not even name one publication that she read and relied upon to keep her informed. Gotcha questions? You mean like this one....“What have you seen so far today and what are you going to take away from your visit?”...which was the question posed to her in Massachusettes.
Joe Scarborough Sarah Palin | Palin Paul Revere | Video | Mediaite

Yeah, the one and half term Governor Palin is not thin skinned much and is really one to give advice on issues of importance. Sadly, she so exemplifies her base.
From 'personal experience'....anyone who is 'personally attacked' as often..and as much as Sarah Palin...strongly indicates...she stands for important issues that brings FEAR to many who are afraid of TRUTH.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Governor Palin
Try former governor who quit office just to excel her own personal career. By doing so letting down and essentially giving the middle finger to her voters and the people of Alaska.

Quote:
It's time for the candidates to talk to us us what they've done not just talk about fighting
Huh?

Quote:
Shocking

Old 09-20-2011, 09:28 PM

Well, I repeat...
From 'personal experience'....anyone who is 'personally attacked' as often..and as much as Sarah Palin...strongly indicates...she stands for important issues that brings FEAR to many who are afraid of TRUTH.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:23 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post

She definitely scares them to death!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:02 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
If being "personally attacked" is really any measure of "TRUTH" and "FEAR", then it must be an indication that Obama's every word is like "gospel" to wingnuts (that, or their constant attacks only show how much he scares the bejeezus out of 'em)!

Old 09-21-2011, 06:03 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Why are rightists still so obsessed with Palin?

I have thought , all on my own(!), that the candidates need to quit bickering and say something substantial....and I've heard and read that from many sources....but Rightists need Sarah to form that idea????....AND so late in the game...Sarah is Sadly Slow on the uptake.

But you rightists keep worshipping this Oh So Relevent Idol.

And PALIN whining about OTHER people not saying anything of substance! The Queen of

A. Slamming Obama

B. whining about the media....and nothing else..

I've never heard HER state a concrete plan or idea or suggestion ...nothing...

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 09-21-2011 at 06:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections