Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 06:24 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,234,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Well, I repeat...
From 'personal experience'....anyone who is 'personally attacked' as often..and as much as Sarah Palin...strongly indicates...she stands for important issues that brings FEAR to many who are afraid of TRUTH.
I can think of political people in the past whose speeches, actions, and writings brought forth a lot of condemnation and ridicule, and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't call their ideas the truth, nor the condemnation a result of people acknowledging it as truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 06:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,164,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Governor Palin has said the same thing I have been carping about. It's time for the candidates to talk to us us what they've done not just talk about fighting (was that a swipe at Bachmann?), talking about ideas or talking in generalities. She wants to hear them talk about their experience in handling things an executive would handle. She also said something like they shouldn't just be Obama in a different ideological suit.

I'm telling you, that's the smackdown on the Congress people candidates who have no experience running anything large and who may have ideas about creating an environment for jobs but have never actually done it. They are not qualified to be President (my opinion).

When are the debate moderators going to get around to relevant experience questions?

Unrelated, she also said she still hasn't made up her mind about running.
Bolding above mine.

What are "Congress people candidates " ???

Old 09-21-2011, 06:42 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Bolding above mine.

What are "Congress people candidates " ???
Duh....Ron Paul, the most notiable ''Congress people candidate,'' with no experience being a leader.

But, if somebody needs a baby delivered, he's your guy.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Duh....Ron Paul, the most notiable ''Congress people candidate,'' with no experience being a leader.

But, if somebody needs a baby delivered, he's your guy.
So "Congess people candidate " is Repug code words for "no experience being a leader" ???

Why don't they just call it that????

Or "Congress people candidates" deliver babies???

Old 09-21-2011, 07:48 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Why are rightists still so obsessed with Palin?

I have thought , all on my own(!), that the candidates need to quit bickering and say something substantial....and I've heard and read that from many sources....but Rightists need Sarah to form that idea????....AND so late in the game...Sarah is Sadly Slow on the uptake.

But you rightists keep worshipping this Oh So Relevent Idol.

And PALIN whining about OTHER people not saying anything of substance! The Queen of

A. Slamming Obama

B. whining about the media....and nothing else..

I've never heard HER state a concrete plan or idea or suggestion ...nothing...
I only mentioned her because she was on TV last night and because she's emphasizing experience talk on the debate stage. If some other well known politician who isn't running brought up candidates and experience in the same sentence, I would have mentioned them. You can talk about executive ideas all you want but if you don't have the experience in making big decisions and implementing those executive ideas you are nothing more than 2008 Barack Obama in a Republican suit...which is what Palin suggested.

It's the same reason why, in 2008, I was so perturbed that we had to choose between two Senators. They vote, they make speeches, they introduce bills, they meet with people to talk not to plan, organize, coordinate, run a large entity and put idea implementation into motion for that large entity, the things an executive does.

So the non-executive candidates can talk all they want about their big ideas or how they'll fight the Democrats but they aren't running for White House Consultant, they are running for President. Perry, Romney, Huntsman and Cain are the only people on the debate stage qualified to be President, in my opinion. I just don't know why the moderators are so shy about asking executive experience questions. That's pretty much what Palin was saying, too.

Old 09-21-2011, 07:56 AM

8,422 posts, read 7,429,154 times
Quote:
From 'personal experience'....anyone who is 'personally attacked' as often..and as much as Sarah Palin...strongly indicates...she stands for important issues that brings FEAR to many who are afraid of TRUTH.
Meh.

The only time Sarah Palin scared people was when they realized that there was a possibility that she could be one heart-beat away from the presidency of the United States.

Since then, she's just been kind of sad to watch.

Old 09-21-2011, 08:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
If being "personally attacked" is really any measure of "TRUTH" and "FEAR", then it must be an indication that Obama's every word is like "gospel" to wingnuts (that, or their constant attacks only show how much he scares the bejeezus out of 'em)!
I don't think any of us has the time to start listing all the attacks on either Palin or Obama, and I was not on this site until right after the last election (2008) so I don't know about Obama before then, but I would argue with you on this one: I have never seen a candidate or politician so attacked as Palin and I am not a supporter of hers in any way. She has been labeled everyting in the book, 3 of her kids have been blasted and who knows what else.

Will she run? I doubt it, I am sure most do, should she run? God, no, but has she been treated fairly? Of course not, too many have carried freedom of speech a little too far.

NIta

Old 09-21-2011, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think any of us has the time to start listing all the attacks on either Palin or Obama, and I was not on this site until right after the last election (2008) so I don't know about Obama before then, but I would argue with you on this one: I have never seen a candidate or politician so attacked as Palin and I am not a supporter of hers in any way. She has been labeled everyting in the book, 3 of her kids have been blasted and who knows what else.

Will she run? I doubt it, I am sure most do, should she run? God, no, but has she been treated fairly? Of course not, too many have carried freedom of speech a little too far.

NIta
EXcuuuuse me!
Since Sarah is touted by her slavering fans as so EXPERIENCED then Sarah should know that ALL politicians suffer their share of attacks...A L L of them.

No, Sarah just could dish it out but likes to turn into a whimpering victim when she gets it back....a coward.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,869,709 times
We Want Palin! We Want Palin! Go Sarah, Go!

Old 09-21-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I only mentioned her because she was on TV last night and because she's emphasizing experience talk on the debate stage. If some other well known politician who isn't running brought up candidates and experience in the same sentence, I would have mentioned them. You can talk about executive ideas all you want but if you don't have the experience in making big decisions and implementing those executive ideas you are nothing more than 2008 Barack Obama in a Republican suit...which is what Palin suggested.

It's the same reason why, in 2008, I was so perturbed that we had to choose between two Senators. They vote, they make speeches, they introduce bills, they meet with people to talk not to plan, organize, coordinate, run a large entity and put idea implementation into motion for that large entity, the things an executive does.

So the non-executive candidates can talk all they want about their big ideas or how they'll fight the Democrats but they aren't running for White House Consultant, they are running for President. Perry, Romney, Huntsman and Cain are the only people on the debate stage qualified to be President, in my opinion. I just don't know why the moderators are so shy about asking executive experience questions. That's pretty much what Palin was saying, too.
You need Sarah for that?

Who said, "I'm telling you, that's the smackdown on the Congress people candidates ..." ?

You or is that a Palin quote?

WHAT is meant by "Congress people candidates" ???????

?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections