Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times

Advertisements

The other thing these men do is collect millions of dollars for their efforts. I believe they could not care less about the effect of what they are saying so long as the money train keeps on rolling in their direction.

Politically I can only applaud their efforts to polarize the country into an extreme right wing minority and a vast majority of centrist and slightly left wing majority. Keep going guys, we appreciate what you are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 12:51 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The other thing these men do is collect millions of dollars for their efforts. I believe they could not care less about the effect of what they are saying so long as the money train keeps on rolling in their direction.

Politically I can only applaud their efforts to polarize the country into an extreme right wing minority and a vast majority of centrist and slightly left wing majority. Keep going guys, we appreciate what you are doing.
Where does the money come from? Must have a large audience.

Old 05-30-2009, 05:00 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,616,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Where does the money come from? Must have a large audience.
The Gladiator games in Rome had a large audience too... so what does that prove?

One can always get a 'large' audience by appealing to the baser instincts - hatred and revenge being amongst them...

Old 05-30-2009, 05:44 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Sounds like sour grapes - is the left now feeling that maybe they are going to fall into a minority? The pendulum is beginning to swing back, values are starting to count again, and conservatism is growing. Scary, isn't it. Gotta shut them conservatives up, beat them up verbally, denounce and defame them, call them every name in the book...*something* has to work...try it all...they can't be allowed to continue amassing these large audiences that agree on conservative principles, or we'll see the power slipping through our fingers like grains of sand.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Sounds like sour grapes - is the left now feeling that maybe they are going to fall into a minority? The pendulum is beginning to swing back, values are starting to count again, and conservatism is growing. Scary, isn't it. Gotta shut them conservatives up, beat them up verbally, denounce and defame them, call them every name in the book...*something* has to work...try it all...they can't be allowed to continue amassing these large audiences that agree on conservative principles, or we'll see the power slipping through our fingers like grains of sand.
Delusional thinking in action...

If you think the pendulum is swinging back - man - do I have a bridge to sell you...

Old 05-30-2009, 07:49 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,689,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Delusional thinking in action...

If you think the pendulum is swinging back - man - do I have a bridge to sell you...
Still trying to sell that bridge? What, all this time and effort, and still no takers? Oh, I see. You're talking to the wrong crowd. You've been addressing conservatives! No wonder. You really need to know your market if you want to be successful in the bridge selling business.

Try your own bunch. You'll find a taker, I'm sure. In fact, you'll probably be able to auction it off to the highest bidder.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:26 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,303,260 times
Rush and Sean bother the loons so much they cannot stop thinking about them.

Actually they both make millions because the left feed them all the info they need to keep it going.

Rush and Sean have just figured out how to eat them alive and how to bother them so bad they lose sleep over them.

I love when a loon gets all worked up over those two, it tells me they are bothering them to a point they are ready to fight.

Rush has the left wrapped around his little pinky finger and he knows it.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:52 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,289,691 times
I don't like anyone on either side who is over the top and has the my way or highway attitude. Sorry but when you think your Sh*t don't stink and your never wrong it's not a good thing. Thats why I don't listen to Rush or Coulter and on the left Olberman. I find them all gas bags who like nothing more than the sound of their own voice. As a conservative I would rather have a conversation with people whom you can actually have a logical a conversation with, whether they are conservative or liberal.

Old 05-30-2009, 10:20 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Hopefully we will get the Fairness Doctrine back and Hannity will be balanced more by Colmes on radio too!
That would be nice, specially when Savage, Rush, and Hannity get radio time on NPR, and TV time on CNN, and the rest of the alphabet channels.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Still trying to sell that bridge? What, all this time and effort, and still no takers? Oh, I see. You're talking to the wrong crowd. You've been addressing conservatives! No wonder. You really need to know your market if you want to be successful in the bridge selling business.

Try your own bunch. You'll find a taker, I'm sure. In fact, you'll probably be able to auction it off to the highest bidder.
No need to....

Just sold it this afternoon to a member of CPAC.... he thought he got a good deal... he said 'almost as cheap as TARP'...

Oh well - there goes Republican Conservative fiscal prowess for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections