Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnival survivor View Post
Third Party Voters had a hand in electing George W Bush and thus failed to respond to 9/11, foolishly led us into Iraq, fumbled Katrina, deregulated the financial industry, and led to the economic demise we now all too well and in light of all the attention, continue to sit on their hands and do nothing

THIRD PARTY VOTERS = GEORGE W BUSH
3rd party voters also had a big hand in electing Bill Clinton. Remember Ross Perot?
GWB failed to respond to 9/11? How exactly did he fail?
What did Bill Clinton do after the attack on the trade centers under his watch? Becareful placing blame because much of the blame leads right back to Bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 05:08 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
um, no. katrina response=democrats fault. economic demise= bipartisan effort. iraq= bipartisan effort with emphasis on republican support. democrats supported it as well.

Katrina response=Bush's fault

Economic crisis= Republican's fault

Iraq=Bush's fault

Now, Democrats from time to time had a small hand in each of these, but third parties are so irrelevant they might as well not exist.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:15 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
katrina= nagin, democrat
economic crisis= bipartisan. see community reinvestment act.
Iraq= takes two to tango, and lots of democrats authorized it.

correcting you is boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Katrina response=Bush's fault

Economic crisis= Republican's fault

Iraq=Bush's fault

Now, Democrats from time to time had a small hand in each of these, but third parties are so irrelevant they might as well not exist.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
katrina= nagin, democrat
economic crisis= bipartisan. see community reinvestment act.
Iraq= takes two to tango, and lots of democrats authorized it.

correcting you is boring.

Katrina- Bush was eating cake with McCain when Katrina rolled in and was responsible for appointing the inept Michael " Brownie you're doing a helluva job" Brown as Director of FEMA..or have you conveniently forgotten?

Economic crisis- seeds were sown thanks to the kings of deregulation..the Republicans, but I will agree the Democrats are not entirely blameless.

Iraq-Bush's idea though the Democrats that supported the IWR are at fault as well. However, of the 133 that opposed the IWR in the House 126 were Democrats. ..in the Senate of the 23 opposed 21 were Democrats. Iraq is primarily a Republican war.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:39 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times
FEMA, along with the department of homeland security shouldn't exist in the first place. I know all about the cake. you posted the picture about 7000 over the last few months. I live in a hurricane area. I know the steps the local government should take. I will compromise with ya. katrina is a split. nagin didn't prep his city, and FEMA didn't react.

you know damn well I will never defend the iraq decision. I just pointed out that dems voted for it as well. I gave the edge to the republicans on that one.

finance, not only dems and repubs are to blame. the individual is as well. deregulation isn't good, but neither is over regulation.

Quote:
Katrina- Bush was eating cake with McCain when Katrina rolled in and was responsible for appointing the inept Michael " Brownie you're doing a helluva job" Brown as Director of FEMA..or have you conveniently forgotten?

Economic crisis- seeds were sown thanks to the kings of deregulation..the Republicans, but I will agree the Democrats are not entirely blameless.

Iraq-Bush's idea though the Democrats that supported the IWR are at fault as well. However, of the 133 that opposed the IWR in the House 126 were Democrats. ..in the Senate of the 23 opposed 21 were Democrats. Iraq is primarily a Republican war.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:40 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:

Brown did alright in every state but LA. Why? Oh yeah that little thing called a turf warf between the mayor and the govenor then between the first 2 and FEMA.
Katrina debunking the myths pop mechanics. A good read and informative.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:20 PM

184 posts, read 359,591 times
third party voters are lemmings

Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,861,708 times
Quote:

If the two existing parties are so great, then why doesn't anything change for the better from one administration to the next?

The economy is cyclical, mostly. Obviously, some policies can have consequences that trump that.

From where I'm standing, nothing really changes... not drastically, anyhow. Democrats and Republicans basically want the same things, they just go about it from different angles.
Let's not forget that a third party candidate gave us Bill Clinton, who was an absolute catastrophe in his own right.

As for Katrina, I don't think it's the fed's place to have done much of anything, anyway. That is something that could have been handled quite well on a local level. It wasn't, of course, but certainly should have been.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:37 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,510 times
Quote:
how was the Katrina response the Democrats fault?

who was the President and who did that President appoint to FEMA

now you are just making excuses
You obviously weren't paying attention to the Mayor and Governor of Louisiana battling over who had control of the situation for two full days after the hurricane hit. Some people actually paid attention to how local authorities mishandled the situation before jumping all over the federal government. I'm definitely not one to defend Bush for his many mistakes, but local government blew Katrina help far more than FEMA/Federal Gov't.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:39 PM

973 posts, read 2,229,510 times
Quote:
It's actually the other way around.. third party voters have researched who really represents them, while *most* traditional Democrats/Republicans blindly follow the herd off a cliff.
The irony and lack of understanding of the big picture in your posts is astounding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections