Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 09:39 PM

26,338 posts, read 49,345,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
poor baby. people didn't find it amusing that you praised cop-killing terrorists?

what wicked, evil folks.
Talk about wicked and evil folks, how about those who LIED to us and got us into the Vietnam War on a premise that was TOTALLY fictitious, i.e., the Gulf of Tonkin Incident (which never occurred) and the 'basis' for that worthless piece of paper called the Tonkin Resolution. This was our premise for massive escalation of the war in Vietnam, which caused 60,000 American dead, plus 1,000,000 Vietnamese dead, and no one knows how many injured on both sides, not to mention guys who've been homeless ever since then because their minds can't deal with the horror they saw and/or participated in - and the V.A. system doesn't want to deal with them, so they don't. Yeah man, tell me about evil. Tell me about the evil jerks like Cheney, Rove and Bush who've done it to us again, with PHONY intelligence and lies and now we're over 4000 dead Americans in Iraq. Keep your worthless GOP talking points, they're as empty as the WMD lies and the Tonkin Resolution.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:39 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,234,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
yeah. heaven forbid that anyone who speaks against a terrorist who suddenly adopted a no-kill strategy after the bomb his girlfriend was building blew up herself and 2 terrorist pals, rather than the intended parties at a fort dix dance, should be holding that against him.

what a fine, flag-stomping unrepentant terrorist American is mr. bill. it's just a pity he couldn't have 'done more.'
You have an impressive habit of blaming one person for the actions of another. Were you also blaming Obama for the actions of Ayers' girlfriend?

I'll tell you one thing. I'd sooner have Bill Ayers watch my kids for a week than you or any of the other haters on this site.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:40 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,503,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Talk about wicked and evil folks, how about those who LIED to us and got us into the Vietnam War on a premise that was TOTALLY fictitious, i.e., the Gulf of Tonkin Incident (which never occurred) and the 'basis' for that worthless piece of paper called the Tonkin Resolution. This was our premise for massive escalation of the war in Vietnam, which caused 60,000 American dead, plus 1,000,000 Vietnamese dead, and no one knows how many injured on both sides, not to mention guys who've been homeless ever since then because their minds can't deal with the horror they saw and/or participated in - and the V.A. system doesn't want to deal with them, so they don't. Yeah man, tell me about evil. Tell me about the evil jerks like Cheney, Rove and Bush who've done it to us again, with PHONY intelligence and lies and now we're over 4000 dead Americans in Iraq. Keep your worthless GOP talking points, they're as empty as the WMD lies and the Tonkin Resolution.
YOU ARE OFF TOPIC this is thread is about AYERS..........

Old 11-18-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
YOU ARE OFF TOPIC this is thread is about AYERS..........
I'm NOT off topic. Ayers did what he did in protest of the Vietnam War - which was escalated on LIES, just like the war in Iraq. Ayers actions were terrorist but he no longer deserves to be painted a terrorist - he was trying to stop the insane carnage of an illegal war, the only way he thought he could. To try and paint Obama as a terrorist because he has come into recent contact with Ayers is laughable, but then again, everything about the GOP in recent years is laughable and downright pitiful.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:47 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,234,825 times
Ayers' book, Fugative Days, has just been re-released. I encourage anybody here who's embarrassed by our extreme right forum-mates to buy a copy. I'm going to.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:49 PM

998 posts, read 1,518,947 times
Quote:
I'm NOT off topic. Ayers did what he did in protest of the Vietnam War - which was escalated on LIES, just like the war in Iraq. Ayers actions were terrorist but he no longer deserves to be painted a terrorist - he was trying to stop the insane carnage of an illegal war, the only way he thought he could. To try and paint Obama as a terrorist because he has come into recent contact with Ayers is laughable, but then again, everything about the GOP in recent years is laughable and downright pitiful.

From the son of a soldier who was killed in Vietnam, thanks.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:51 PM

53,548 posts, read 35,263,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why don't you take alook at some pictures of the Vietnamese kids being hit with napalm?
what pictures do you suggest i look at that you think i've not already seen?

and how do you suppose that, having looked at the pictures in question, i would somehow find bombing billy's acts of terrorism 'heroic'?

Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post

From the son of a soldier who was killed in Vietnam, thanks.
You're most welcome. My best pal from high school was killed there, on March 31, 1970 and I still remember hearing it reported on radio station WACO in Baltimore about 10 days after. I went to several funerals for pals and know a number more who were wounded and one who is a walking vegetable to this day.

It makes me flaming furious to know that both the Vietnam War and the Iraq War were started, by the USA, on bogus info and perpetuated for years with lies. Ayers tried to stop that stinking war, but his methods were dreadful. A case of two wrongs. There's an old saying that nobody wins a war, in the case of Vietnam and Iraq, that seems especially true. The Ayers issue should be left alone, a case study in how emotions, madness, lies, folly and hubris can wreck everyone involved.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:55 PM

53,548 posts, read 35,263,441 times
Quote:
Talk about wicked and evil folks, how about those who LIED to us and got us into the Vietnam War on a premise that was TOTALLY fictitious, i.e., the Gulf of Tonkin Incident (which never occurred) and the 'basis' for that worthless piece of paper called the Tonkin Resolution.

are you speaking of the democrat LBJ?

This was our premise for massive escalation of the war in Vietnam, which caused 60,000 American dead, plus 1,000,000 Vietnamese dead, and no one knows how many injured on both sides, not to mention guys who've been homeless ever since then because their minds can't deal with the horror they saw and/or participated in - and the V.A. system doesn't want to deal with them, so they don't. Yeah man, tell me about evil. Tell me about the evil jerks like Cheney, Rove and Bush who've done it to us again, with PHONY intelligence and lies and now we're over 4000 dead Americans in Iraq. Keep your worthless GOP talking points, they're as empty as the WMD lies and the Tonkin Resolution[/quote]

so bombing the pentagon, the capitol, and the NYPD, and intentionally killing innocent people because you disagree with killing innocent people is a good thing?

help me understand, my friend.

Old 11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,124,968 times
Quote:

It makes me flaming furious to know that both the Vietnam War and the Iraq War were started, by the USA, on bogus info and perpetuated for years with lies. Ayers tried to stop that stinking war, but his methods were dreadful. A case of two wrongs. There an old saying that nobody ever wins a war, in the case of Vietnam and Iraq, that seems especially true. The Ayers issue should be left alone, a case study in how emotions, madness, lies, folly and hubris can wreck everyone involved.
If I could rep you, I would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections