Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 06:03 AM

3,326 posts, read 5,346,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Becuasse the democrtic congress has its own agenda quite separate from Obama's agenda. I think that Reid is also afraid that Hiillary may become his repalcemnt as leader fo teh democrtic controlled senate. Rememebr that she did get 50% of the vote in the primary and Obama had to go to the suprer deleagtes to win the nomination. That should never be forgotten. I thnik Hillary is looking at 2012 if Obama fails to get things done whcih will be very difficult.

If Obama is at least able to get health care going because he won much of Florida and south due to that he will have done more than any pres in decades.

I agree Reid is a lobbyiest owned parasite out for himself and perhaps he seems not thrilled with Obama suggesting that for once in his useless political life do something for the citizens . Speeches dont count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 AM

820 posts, read 1,204,293 times
Harry Reid is a moderate and well liked and respected in his home state.
He succeeded " gun-grabbin' Tom " Daschle after the voters fired Mr. Daschle.
Reid , along with around 60+ other Senators , signed the Senate Amicus brief supporting Heller against the DC gun ban. As Majority Leader , he can be expected to be a major obstacle in the path of any future gun ban
bills.

It's all good.

Edit to add:
Wikipedia

Just type in Harry Reid and enjoy.

Or not.

Last edited by gbear48; 11-20-2008 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Add link.

Old 11-20-2008, 07:15 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,978,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
It was just said on CNN that Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader has offered to create a special position for Hillary Clinton to recognize the very important role she played in the 2008 election.
Frankly, I've reached the point where I hope she stays in the senate. Too much game playing from the Clintons. I expect a qualified candidate for SOS to be able to make a decision faster than this, so IMO the job offer should be rescinded. Let her stay in the senate. Give the SOS to Richardson.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:37 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,265,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Hillary should stay in the Senate, seniority or not, she's the most well known Senator in da building.

Lee Hamilton for SOS. Nothing would make me happier than to see the Bill Richardson come up with bupkis.
According to both Obama and Clinton negotiators, Bill Clinton is complying with financial details he's been asked to provide. If this is the only stumbling block and Hillary turns down SOS, Richardson will always be known as the second choice. My twisted mind sees this as "what goes around comes around".

Old 11-20-2008, 08:53 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,095,064 times
I agree that Reid is useless. You can add Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi to that list as well.

I think the real reason he doesn't want Hillary to leave the Senate is that there is a good chance that Guiliani will wind up filling her seat. And Reid can't have THAT, now can he?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:24 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,484,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Becuasse the democrtic congress has its own agenda quite separate from Obama's agenda. I think that Reid is also afraid that Hiillary may become his repalcemnt as leader fo teh democrtic controlled senate. Rememebr that she did get 50% of the vote in the primary and Obama had to go to the suprer deleagtes to win the nomination. That should never be forgotten. I thnik Hillary is looking at 2012 if Obama fails to get things done whcih will be very difficult.
2012? For what..Obama will be the incumbent running. Unless he's surpasses Bush as the worst President in history he'll win re-election without a problem.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:40 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,652,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
I agree that Reid is useless. You can add Barney Frank and Nancy Pelosi to that list as well.

I think the real reason he doesn't want Hillary to leave the Senate is that there is a good chance that Guiliani will wind up filling her seat. And Reid can't have THAT, now can he?

Agreed. And would like to see Hillary in a position to out these Three Skanks: Reid, Pelosi, Frank.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:51 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,978,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
If this is the only stumbling block and Hillary turns down SOS, Richardson will always be known as the second choice. My twisted mind sees this as "what goes around comes around".
You've got a point there! Yet another reason why her time is up--make a decision or the offer's rescinded, so it isn't such a slap in the face to someone who's actually willing to do the job rather than play games.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:40 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,931,809 times
Why is Harry Reid undermining Obama?

Because Reid is a complete ass**** and only cares about himself. He is not much different than many of the Dems in DC, or many of the Republicans for that matter.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:20 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,641,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate girl View Post
It was just said on CNN that Harry Reid, Senate Majority Leader has offered to create a special position for Hillary Clinton to recognize the very important role she played in the 2008 election.

It's well known that Obama is vetting her to be SOS. Why would Reid try to entice her to remain in the senate? It's wonderful that her fellow Senators think highly of her and would prefer that she remain among them. But is it wise to undermine the plans our next President has for her?
I would think the answer is obvious. Harry Reid is just another pasty old white guy who is a closet racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections