Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 02:05 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,481,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
So we turned the other cheek and they murdered thousands more babies. Some things can be tolerated, but others are so vile they cannot be. Does that answer your question? Murdering babies is not now nor will it ever be acceptable and someone who wants to make it easier to do that will never have my respect.

I will act respectful toward him but it will be an act. I agree with you that is hypocritical. Sorry, it is the best I can do.
It keeps getting funnier!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2008, 02:16 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,822,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Thank you, oh great one.
So long as you recognize greatness when you see it.

What has he shown you? Oh yes, nothing.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:20 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,636,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I guess you're just a disrespectful person. You disrespect him because you don't agree with his voting record or affiliations? If that's the case there aren't many politicians you actually respect. I think the appropriate word is disagree..I respected Reagan and Bush part 1 but disagreed with much of their policy. They were both still the President and deserved respect.

The attitude you exhibit is excatly what Obama intends to change. You can disagree without being disrespectful. He has disagreed with Hillary but respects her enough to appoint her to his cabinet. He disagrees with McCain and vice versa but the two respect each other enough to sit down and discuss how to move the country forward. The old guard of disagree=disrespect will be leaving in two months. The more I read on this board and talk to people the more encouraged I become about the change that Obama will bring.
Okay, I can't tell if you really aren't getting what I am saying, or if you are just trying to disagree with what I am saying. I said I respect Obama as a person. I do not respect his views on government, and until he shows me they work, I will not respect his government views. His job as president is to put his views into practice. If they work, he will have earned my respect as a president. If they do not work, I will still respect him as a smart man who seems nice, but I will continue to not respect his views on government, which considering his job as president is use his views to shape government, I will not respect his job as president, the same way I do not respect Bush as president.

I am seperating the person from the job.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:21 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,033,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yman97 View Post
I hear nothing but complaining from people who supported the other side and can't move on. As a Democrat, I lost to George W. Bush twice and I still came around to support his as our President even though its become obvious that he was not qualified for the job after the first four years.

Whether you support his views or not, Obama deserves the same respect and support that our previous Presidents have received. You may not agree with the Rahm Emmanuel, Hillary Clinton appointments or whatever else but you have to admit he has hit the ground running. Did you see this kind of action from W. at all during the last eight years? Obama is at least willing to consider non-traditional ways of doing things and isn't filling his cabinet with 'yes men.'

Let's give this a chance... maybe some of you will be surprised and maybe you won't BUT he won in a landslide and deserves the support. Let's face it, he can't do any worse than W.
I did not vote for Obama but I wholeheartedly agree with your post. As our president-elect, he deserves our respect and our prayers for wisdom and guidance. I just wished that the liberals had this attitude when GWB was elected both times. We really need to come together as a nation and support our president. This does not mean that we have to agree with everything he does and there are avenues where we can voice our dissent.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdistheWord View Post
Support our president-elect or get out
Imagine if conservatives told the liberals that when GWB got elected twice?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
I am fed up with the whole federal gov't system and he is just more of the same. He ran on one idea, change, and he is doing nothing more than rehashing old players and plans. Until we get a viable 3rd party, have the majority of citizens willing to take on their responsibilities instead of desiring a nanny-state, and repeal the powers the federal gov't has given themselves the last 80 years...we are out of luck.
We really do need to have viable 3rd party candidates to run for POTUS as the Dems and Reps are beginning to resemble each other.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Funny? I find it sad because it is so true.

As for accepting: I was brought up in a two party family. Mother's family was Republican and so was Dad's, but Dad was a Democrat. We had a rule that you could say anything until after the election, but once a person was elected, that was it. No more "throwing off."

I was ready to do that this year until the jerks started bashing the ones who lost. I cannot think of anything lower class than that. It is bad enough that we have to put up with an unacceptable president elect, but we are having to put up with the low class bums that voted for him too. Enough is enough. Obama should tell his supporters to start having just a little bit if class.

You people are not doing him any favors by bashing the ones who did not win. If you want us to accept him then shut your mouths.
What do you expect from the same group of people that cried foul when GWB was elected twice?

Old 11-22-2008, 02:29 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,929,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2008 View Post
Argggg...

I can't take it anymore!

The Dems have been bashing, hammering, bludgeoning Bush for 8 years

But now that a Dem is elected, everyone is supposed to hold hands, bow down to the almighty O, and take it?

*********!
You didn't know that? Look at how well they took losing in CA with that gay marriage vote that they lost. Yet, they try to act all high and mighty when it comes to Obama. It really is funny though and will be fun to watch both sides for the next four years.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:30 PM

Quote:
My opinion is that anyone who voted for him is not very bright. The ones on here bashing Republicans are the bums. Their behavior is absolutely abusive and should not be tolerated.

If it looks like a bum and talks like a bum, then it is probably a bum.

So as one person stated, "We will be as accepting of your candidate as you were of ours." Not that I voted for Bush, but he did have my respect as the president.

I could nail you to the wall with that last sentence, but I think that would be taking God's name in vain and I don't want to do that. You might want to look through the Bible and see how many times Jesus took up for people who were being mistreated. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.
So true! Well stated NCN.

Old 11-22-2008, 02:31 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
So long as you recognize greatness when you see it.

What has he shown you? Oh yes, nothing.
He is putting together a great cabinet before he starts his Presidency. I am sure he will show all of us more after he becomes President which is January 20th I might add. Give the guy a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections