Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2008, 04:45 AM

3,413 posts, read 8,848,498 times

Advertisements

The first part of the interview was PE Obama discussing the transition and I found that he instills so much confidence through his explanations and understanding of what he is walking into and the preemptive actions he is taking prior to inauguration. He really seems to understand where we all stand right now and the fear of many Americans. I really do believe he thinks alot like I do. He is humble and seems to care that his constituents have faith in him. So very refreshing.

When Mrs. Obama joined him I found myself again really enjoying their banter and appreciating the fact that their relationship is so similar to that of the average American. His deference to Michelle with regard to issues at home, his acknowledgement that she keeps him grounded, and the mutual love and respect that they exhibit. Their concerns for their children are so similar to my own for my child. They do not put themselves above the awareness that this massive change in their life is going to be disruptive for their girls and they have and will continue to take action that will insure that their daughters have a normal and happy a childhood as possible.

I so believe we really do have a normal couple, not so different than us moving into the White House. And I am thrilled that our PE is a person who understands what I live every day. And I am talking the important things- my hopes, my dreams, the things that keep me awake at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2008, 05:43 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,381,238 times
I watched and am of the same opion. It was interesting to get a look inside them both. They seem very relaxed and comfortable with themselves.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:53 AM

1,867 posts, read 4,084,068 times
I just caught a 5 minute glimpse of the interview and noticed how closely they were sitting to one another. I was like, these two are HOT for each other! So cute..

Old 11-27-2008, 01:25 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,097,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quelinda View Post
I just caught a 5 minute glimpse of the interview and noticed how closely they were sitting to one another. I was like, these two are HOT for each other! So cute..
Wow, sex in the White House....

.....WITH your own spouse!

What a concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections