Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes, blacks can still complain about racism 47 63.51%
No, blacks cannot complain about racism 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:43 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,931,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Why do you assume that there are none with the needed qualifications? Seems to me that you have a certain problem we have been discussing on this thread.................There are just as many qualified blacks as there are incompetent ones. Same goes for whites and any other ethnicity. Hell, used to be that corporate America was an affirmative action policy for incompetent white males. Now that incompetents of all races are in the work force, people like you complain. How ironic.
Seems to me that you want and have this need to say people are racist, even when they have shown no tendacies to be so. There might well be many qualified to do the jobs she was talking about, but maybe not where she lives. I have no idea. All I was saying, and I know you know this but wanted to make it sound otherwise, it is not always racism because some blacks do not get hired for some jobs. PERIOD!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post

Now... would you care to explain to me - with out the attempted mind reading - why Obama is NEVER referred to as "half white"?
Because Obama, himself, does not refer to himself as half white. Obama is the one who refers to himseklf as black.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
Who will pay for it? College is a great thing if you can afford it. A large percentage of blacks in the country live below the poverty line.

Does that mean blacks can't go to college--of course not. But it's not as easy as cut and dry as you make it seem.
I guess that they could work their way through college like so many whites and others do. Just a thought!!!

Old 12-01-2008, 03:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,100,667 times
Quote:
And perhaps maybe you should stop blaming "ole whitey" for all your problems. It's 2008, not 1868.
Oh, I am sure that you would like that. But the unfortunate reality which you refuse to accept is that for 390 years Americans of African descent were robbed of their history, culture, and their self-worth. If you think that such a legacy can be undone in 30 years the you are blind or just willfully stupid.

The fact that some African Americans have succumb to a modern day slave mentality is without a doubt the cause of white racism, period. Whether they are actually victims of affirmative acts of white racism today is irrelevant.

Your ongoing argument is tantamount to a rape victim being told to get over their fear of men, simply because you as a man never raped them. As an idiot should know such a psychosis, and many African Americans are suffering a psychosis, is not easily shed because the cause is real and will remain real until their fears and anxieties can be abated. The problem is that there are more than enough white Americans like yourself who are more than willing to re-traumatize them with your racist drivel.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
not really. thomas jefferson didn't even list being president as one of his accomplishments on his headstone. obama is going around everywhere he goes with some official seal of the office of the president elect. the man is a typical political moron who is viewed by most, the same way bush was viewed. as a joke.
Obama is no moron, no matter what you or any of us may think of his politics. He is an arrogant person, but definitely no damn moron. Obama is way more intelligent than Bush. Like I said, he is arrogant but he is not dumb or a moron.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
So... Is Obama white, or black, or mixed, or what?
Who the hell cares?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:53 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,867,949 times
being more intelligent than bush isn't an accomplishment. that's like being smarter than a fish. obama is a moron. he's a politician. he, along with all of washington, make up political issues to keep the ignorant masses arguing with each other instead of focusing on the real problem, the federal government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Obama is no moron, no matter what you or any of us may think of his politics. He is an arrogant person, but definitely no damn moron. Obama is way more intelligent than Bush. Like I said, he is arrogant but he is not dumb or a moron.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
being more intelligent than bush isn't an accomplishment. that's like being smarter than a fish. obama is a moron. he's a politician. he, along with all of washington, make up political issues to keep the ignorant masses arguing with each other instead of focusing on the real problem, the federal government.

I agree about the politician part. I dislike all of them because, as you say, they like to make up problems and then spend our money to fix the problem acting like they did something that was needed to be done.

Old 12-01-2008, 03:59 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
the florida gators, the detroit pistons, the detroit lions, the detroit tigers, and the detroit redwings. I like some politicians that don't legislate away my money or freedom. that excludes democrats and republicans.

Shhhh.....there are black people on those teams!

You have my condolences on the Lions, btw.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,692,625 times
Quote:
I also like middle eastern and asian food.
Me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.