Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 09:01 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,580,542 times

Advertisements

Who is going to cry out of joy when Obama gets inaugurated? I feel I will. I am very grateful I am going to be alive to see this important part of history take place.

I feel our nation has undergone so much turmoil and devastation under the watch of George W. Bush.

I agree some things were not his fault but he has made some very very stupid mistakes which I feel that anyone with a decent IQ would not make.

I know that when I saw Obama won the election, I could feel not just America, but the WORLD sigh a breath of relief. Take it from people around the world...they all jumped with joy as well when Obama won. I have never seen the world rejoice so much over an America president. I saw videos on CNN. The videos showed Indians, Japanese, Chinese, Canadians, British and more jump for joy and explain what a relief it was to know Obama had won.

How did you feel when he won and how will you feel when he gets inaugurated?

PLEASE-this is NOT a bashing Obama thread.
If you want to bash him, there are plenty other threads to bash him. However, if you were not happy about the results of Obama winning and want to say how you felt after he won and how you may feel after he gets inaugurated, feel free to do so. But remember, no discussions about if he is Muslim, Islamic, his birth certificate. There other threads for that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 09:02 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,413,772 times
lol how contrived...

Old 12-02-2008, 09:13 PM

564 posts, read 893,189 times
lol, the anti-christ is purported to have such a "false" following also.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:16 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,738,003 times
man.. you are waaaaay over the top. Don't get me wrong, I voted for Obama and will be glad when he's finally inaugurated. I understand that it's historic, but my gladness has more to do with the fact that he can finally get to work. That's all. All this euphoria is real silly, IMO.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:16 PM

No bashing. Referring to Obama as the AntiChrist. There are other threads for that. Please refrain from that.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,947,843 times
I'm not that passionate about politicians. Any of them. Never.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:07 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,722,647 times
I think all the people who go googoogaga over another human being (much less a politician) they don't even know have some deep seeded problems... whats even more sad is when the announce their anticipation for it.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I think all the people who go googoogaga over another human being (much less a politician) they don't even know have some deep seeded problems... whats even more sad is when the announce their anticipation for it.
How can you blame me?

After Bush, most of the whole world is going googoogaga over Obama!

Old 12-02-2008, 10:24 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,143,737 times
I'm wary of politicans...don't see myself ever loving one without qualifications, but I was excited when he won the election, and I'm sure I'll be excited when he's inaugurated too. Also, when I talked to friends from other parts of the world, they told me about how excited they and the people around them were, and I couldn't help but smile at that.

I do feel like we're living in strange and uncertain times (not sure how much of that is paranoia and how much is warranted), so I feel like anyone in office this coming years has a hell of a lot to deal with. That stops me from getting too excited, really.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:28 PM

799 posts, read 1,446,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
How did you feel when he won and how will you feel when he gets inaugurated?

I was able to breathe a sigh of relief when I saw that Obama won the election. I've been waiting for stagflation for 2 years and now I know it will hit us hard. I know Americans will have a hard time under Obama but I plan on increasing my wealth when hyperinflation is beating on everyone else. I would have still increased my wealth under McCain but I think I will do a little better under Obama. I don't think I will feel anything when he is inaugurated other than my wallet getting fatter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections