Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 07:56 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,918,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Even pro-choice democrats?
God loves us so much, His Son died for our sins. Even the sins of self serving, sanctimoneous, psuedo-Christians who hate those who don't look, speak, or believe like them. He loves us all.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,077,396 times
Here's another love shout out for Palin, please run her in 2012!

Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 PM

37,185 posts, read 19,241,897 times
Please, Br'er Elephant, you kin roas' me jus' as hot as you want, 'r you kin drown me jus' as deep as you want, but please Please PLEASE don' let Sarah run in 2012....

-with apologies to Joel Chandler Harris

Old 01-15-2009, 08:58 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,541,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
God loves us so much, His Son died for our sins. Even the sins of self serving, sanctimoneous, psuedo-Christians who hate those who don't look, speak, or believe like them. He loves us all.
I do find their hypocrisy stunning, and at times sickening (pro-life and pro-war) and hope they are judged for it accordingly when their day comes.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:03 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,520,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I do find their hypocrisy stunning, and at times sickening (pro-life and pro-war) and hope they are judged for it accordingly when their day comes.
Kind of like liberal hypocrisy of anti death penalty and pro abortion??

I know they will be judged accordingly when the day comes.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:14 PM

272 posts, read 408,228 times
I dont hate her, I just think she is an idiot and she represents many idiots in this country, people who put Bush in power, that is what scares me, that is what scares me tremendously, people will vote for her basically because they are brainwashed by Christianity

Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Kind of like liberal hypocrisy of anti death penalty and pro abortion??

I know they will be judged accordingly when the day comes.
Anti death penalty is not big in Texas, I realize. Not all left wingers are against the death penalty but its proven it does nothing to deter crimes, so its use is one of simply vengeance. The Lord sayeth "Vengeance is Mine".

The issue of abortion is one of free will. If an adult cannot do with her body what she chooses, then indeed they lose their own personal right to decide on medical care in the manner they see fit. Like it or not, a woman owns her body, not the government.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:38 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,520,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Anti death penalty is not big in Texas, I realize. Not all left wingers are against the death penalty but its proven it does nothing to deter crimes, so its use is one of simply vengeance. The Lord sayeth "Vengeance is Mine".

The issue of abortion is one of free will. If an adult cannot do with her body what she chooses, then indeed they lose their own personal right to decide on medical care in the manner they see fit. Like it or not, a woman owns her body, not the government.
A woman can mutilate herself if she wants since it is her body, but abortion is murder and there lies the difference.

Referring to your hypocracy of conservatives. Pro life and pro war is hypocritical. War is sometimnes needed for the greater good of the world. No conservative dreams of war, but there are times it is needed.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
A woman can mutilate herself if she wants since it is her body, but abortion is murder and there lies the difference.

Referring to your hypocracy of conservatives. Pro life and pro war is hypocritical. War is sometimnes needed for the greater good of the world. No conservative dreams of war, but there are times it is needed.

It is an extension of that womans body. If she chooses to remove part of it, its called abortion. If the baby is delivered and then its life ended, it is murder.

War is "necessary" when one is attacked. In that scenario, we attacked a nation that never attacked us. How can an Iraqi taking up arms be called a "terrorist", or does this rule not apply to Muslims who worship Allah?

Old 01-15-2009, 09:57 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,145,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Because she is not afraid of them. Unlike McCain...and yes even Bush...She would face the liberals, not pander to them like alot of other Repubs did and still do. That is what alot of Conservatives were rooting for her, because she can be counted on to speak her mind...not kow-tow to hatespeech libs
No, she's is not afraid of anybody. She is even willing to confront Putin head on when he rears his head in Alaska. We have heard her "mind speak" and it really didn't have much to say. As for hate speech, I guess you do not recall how she shamelessly smeared Obama throughout the campaign. Obama did not say one disrespectful or demeaning thing about her and believe me, there was plenty of fodder for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections