Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
You don't think the racial prejudice Barack and Michelle, all Americans of color had to endure for the past 200 years doesn't merit being hailed as a hero? I think we're all heroes!!!

I think this sums it up nicely:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ny-put-so.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 12:33 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You can't be serious. .....
When has he "brought this country to it's feet"? Are we "on our feet"? I have had no work since the election. People are scared and not willing to spend money. It was a terrible season for retail. Everybody is way down.
What does pecan ice cream have to do with anything?
Yes I am. Everybody in my neighborhood is very excited. Maybe in your area of town people are scared because tax time is around the corner and they'll have to pony-up?

I think he is much more of a hero, and deserving of a holiday than say:
A bunch of people eating turkey, or a fictitious old man dropping presents down a chimney. What so special about January 1st or Labor Day?

Give the people a real Holiday to commemorate a real American.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:47 PM

30 posts, read 76,540 times
Quote:
Shouldn't Barrack Obamas' inaugeration day be designated a national holiday? He is already a hero in my eyes. Look around and see how he has inspired us all and brought this country to its' feet again. Michelle is proud of america for the first time, and so are we. Jesse Jackson is crying tears of joy, and so are we. Ben and Jerry now have 'Yes Pecan' ice cream to comemorate our new leader.....that's good enough for me.
Let our voices be heard!!!

JANUARY 21ST. OBAMA DAY!!!!
Let's see:

Several thousand men participated in battles such as the Battle of the Bulge in order to stop Hitler from killing any more people -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Two reporters uncover illegal activities by a sitting President which leads to his resignation -- MIchelle is not proud of America.

Several first responders in NYC end up dying while trying to save strangers in two terrorist bombed high-rises and thousands of people line up to donate blood, food, clothing, and other assistance -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Rosa Parks decides to stay seated and thousands support her (of all races) -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gives a speech that resonates still about having a dream, in a free America that celebrates freedom of speech -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Whenever there is a disaster anywhere in the world, be it earthquake, mudslide, tornado, hurricane, tsunami, the American Red Cross, funded by millions of Americans and staffed by the same, is one of the first responders to help -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Michelle is not proud of America until her husband succeeds in being elected President (some claim by dint of a falsified birth certificate) and NOW Michelle is proud of America.

I say, America is NOT proud of Michelle (she seems to be somewhat racist) and she is unworthy of being our country's First Lady.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:53 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Shouldn't Barrack Obamas' inaugeration day be designated a national holiday? He is already a hero in my eyes. Look around and see how he has inspired us all and brought this country to its' feet again. Michelle is proud of america for the first time, and so are we. Jesse Jackson is crying tears of joy, and so are we. Ben and Jerry now have 'Yes Pecan' ice cream to comemorate our new leader.....that's good enough for me.
Let our voices be heard!!!

JANUARY 21ST. OBAMA DAY!!!!
Hero? What has he done to rate hero status? Has he risked life and limb to save someone else?
Has he put himself in harms way to save someone who needed help?
Has he done anything really and truely extraordinary and for no personal gain?
He may turn out to be a hero but not yet. I think you might need to raise your expectations of what a hero is.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:04 PM

27,215 posts, read 46,772,227 times
Maybe you could give him a Golden Globe, an Oscar, Nobel price for piece, science and whatever more...

Maybe you should give him all your money and your life!

Old 01-17-2009, 02:12 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,734,258 times
Quote:
Yes I am. Everybody in my neighborhood is very excited. Maybe in your area of town people are scared because tax time is around the corner and they'll have to pony-up?

I think he is much more of a hero, and deserving of a holiday than say:
A bunch of people eating turkey, or a fictitious old man dropping presents down a chimney. What so special about January 1st or Labor Day?

Give the people a real Holiday to commemorate a real American.
Yes, let's have a holiday for the hero!!!
For he is the flawless one and the greatest man ever.
Happy Obama Day!!!!!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:25 PM

540 posts, read 630,244 times
I have not seen so much misplaced affection since the O.J. trials. Everyone knew he was guilty and yet no one cared that he just cut off a white womans head. He was a black sports hero and if he wanted to cut off a white womans head that was just o.k.
I said during the O.J. trials the flolowing about the jurors of that trial. "You have raised the ugly head of rascism to a grand new level, and found it to be your own".
It is time that we all stopped looking at our lives as black americans and white americans and started seeing just americans. I despise the term african american as I despise the term european american. Civil rights leaders, many of which gave their lives to create integration. Upon completing the goal the great masses of the black population began distinguishing themselves as african americans.
Phoolish Phoooey.
So we earn the triumph of integration , then immediately set about to segregate ourselves. I don't think so.
I am willing to give Obama the chance that no one on the left ever gave Bush. No blind worship solely on the basis of color. The adoration, based solely on color worship, is pathetic beyond words to explain. I can understand the celebration of a milestone. Enough already!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:26 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I think this sums it up nicely:

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ny-put-so.html
Hahaha

Old 01-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanukook View Post
Let's see:

Several thousand men participated in battles such as the Battle of the Bulge in order to stop Hitler from killing any more people -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Two reporters uncover illegal activities by a sitting President which leads to his resignation -- MIchelle is not proud of America.

Several first responders in NYC end up dying while trying to save strangers in two terrorist bombed high-rises and thousands of people line up to donate blood, food, clothing, and other assistance -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Rosa Parks decides to stay seated and thousands support her (of all races) -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. gives a speech that resonates still about having a dream, in a free America that celebrates freedom of speech -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Whenever there is a disaster anywhere in the world, be it earthquake, mudslide, tornado, hurricane, tsunami, the American Red Cross, funded by millions of Americans and staffed by the same, is one of the first responders to help -- Michelle is not proud of America.

Michelle is not proud of America until her husband succeeds in being elected President (some claim by dint of a falsified birth certificate) and NOW Michelle is proud of America.

I say, America is NOT proud of Michelle (she seems to be somewhat racist) and she is unworthy of being our country's First Lady.
Well said I salute you!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Hero? What has he done to rate hero status? Has he risked life and limb to save someone else?
Has he put himself in harms way to save someone who needed help?
Has he done anything really and truely extraordinary and for no personal gain?
He may turn out to be a hero but not yet. I think you might need to raise your expectations of what a hero is.
Oh let me answer for ya a

BIG FAT NO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections