Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 01:09 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,145,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Well, there goes the United States of America. It used to be a wonderful country.
Yes it did. 9 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 01:34 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Look,

Nobody's afraid of gays. It's just immoral. They should know it and get help.

OK, lefties just want us all to be gay and sniff flowers. Sorry, some of us like the opposite sex.
Damn! We can't get Yooperkat! My wife will be so upset.

Seriously. You are like a cartoon of what a conservative should be.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:42 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,474,594 times
Quote:
How long are liberals going to blame America?
Can't speak for liberals because I'm not one, generally speaking, but I'll blame America for as long as America is an aggressor and murderer.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:43 AM

24,508 posts, read 33,298,460 times
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
This is false. There are only 18. And they've named only 7. You can probably add the Yemeni guy.
A source on the 18?

Quote:
So the question that O'Reilly should be asking (if he were a good American) is WHY DID BUSH LET EIGHT TERRORISTS GO?????
Probably back to the country where they came from which is probably what Obama wants to do. And if you are asking why did Bush let them go, does that mean they should still be contained?

Quote:
Then we're screwed. And it doesn't matter if Gitmo is open or not. And it's Bush's fault! He left us in a very untenable position. It is possible to f*** things up so badly that there is no good way out - and that's exactly what Bush did.
Of course... EVERYTHING is Bush's fault!

Quote:
So stop trying to look at this as if it's Obama's fault if something goes wrong. He's been handed a flaming handful of poo, and he's looking for the least damaging way out of the problem
I didn't say it's Obama's fault if something goes wrong. Because he hasn't done anything (yet). He has been handed something Bush had to deal with for 8 years... terrorism.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:47 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestViewdrive View Post
I was just watching Bill O'Reilly, and he mentioned a good point. What is Obama going to do when the prisoner terrorist losers are let free, and attack America again????
Well, like a good liberal... Obama is going to give everyone a BIG hug and tell us, "it's all going to be okay. Maybe they are trying to kill us for attention, if we just ignore them...".

Old 01-24-2009, 01:49 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
Well, like a good liberal... Obama is going to give everyone a BIG hug and tell us, "it's all going to be okay. Maybe they are trying to kill us for attention, if we just ignore them...".
My sister was telling me that on one of the daily news shows they have an airing of callers calling in regarding Obama. One lady called in singing "Obama, Obama, he's my mama." I quess so since certain groups will be catered to. All I can say is I hope and pray our Country gets back-on-track and people open their eyes and realize he is not the Messiah.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 01-24-2009 at 01:52 AM.. Reason: add

Old 01-24-2009, 02:13 AM

2,464 posts, read 6,466,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
My sister was telling me that on one of the daily news shows they have an airing of callers calling in regarding Obama. One lady called in singing "Obama, Obama, he's my mama." I quess so since certain groups will be catered to. All I can say is I hope and pray our Country gets back-on-track and people open their eyes and realize he is not the Messiah.
He's not the Messiah BUT maybe love and hugs work... If he's the opposite of Bush then "shoot 'em all, ask questions later" is not the proper Obama reaction when terrorist slam airplanes into our buildings. I'm sure he'll come up with a proper, more "civilized" response... maybe he'll have meaningful dialogue with them instead.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:18 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,907 times
Quote:
I was just watching Bill O'Reilly, and he mentioned a good point. What is Obama going to do when the prisoner terrorist losers are let free, and attack America again???? None of you liberals think of that. He is letting terrorist right back out into the world who hate america, and they will do nothing but try to hurt us. You liberals sit around hugging each other singing "We are the World" and say, "oh, Prisons are bad, lets let them go and live in bubble gum land!" Well, those people arn't nice, and they are going to attack us again. Ever think of that libbys? Just wait until we are attacked again, and then Obama will be the worst president ever! It is going to be funny to watch. You will all learn that having Libbys in charge is such a horrible thing.
What would Bush do? Oops thats right, he was reading little kid books to a bunch of little children in a classroom.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:26 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,431,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabear2 View Post
He's not the Messiah BUT maybe love and hugs work... If he's the opposite of Bush then "shoot 'em all, ask questions later" is not the proper Obama reaction when terrorist slam airplanes into our buildings. I'm sure he'll come up with a proper, more "civilized" response... maybe he'll have meaningful dialogue with them instead.

Yeah, is what we should all be worried about.

Last edited by Alaskapat528; 01-24-2009 at 02:27 AM.. Reason: add

Old 01-24-2009, 03:33 AM

4,664 posts, read 8,240,463 times
Quote:
I was just watching Bill O'Reilly, and he mentioned a good point. What is Obama going to do when the prisoner terrorist losers are let free, and attack America again???? None of you liberals think of that. He is letting terrorist right back out into the world who hate america, and they will do nothing but try to hurt us. You liberals sit around hugging each other singing "We are the World" and say, "oh, Prisons are bad, lets let them go and live in bubble gum land!" Well, those people arn't nice, and they are going to attack us again. Ever think of that libbys? Just wait until we are attacked again, and then Obama will be the worst president ever! It is going to be funny to watch. You will all learn that having Libbys in charge is such a horrible thing.
Quote:
Look,

Nobody's afraid of gays. It's just immoral. They should know it and get help.

Liberals are so ticked that we have tighter security. They just want everyone to be able to have a direct life line to Amsterdam. But, Arabs don't care. Radical Muslims are plotting to kill Americans. Hell, they even kill their own people indiscriminately. If you don't clean right, as an Arabian wife, you could be stoned to death.

OK, lefties just want us all to be gay and sniff flowers. Sorry, some of us like the opposite sex.

And Timothy Leary tactics don't work anymore. LSD is a thing of the past.

Arabian children are brought up to hate the west. There are even muppet type shows on TV where five year olds watch muppet martyrs perform suicide bombings. Five year olds cheer death to Americans.

How long are liberals going to blame America?

CrestViewdrive - Bill O'reilly rarely makes good points.. its not that he's stupid, but that he caters to the shallow pathetic viewpoints of the extreme right. There is always a bigger picture. Closing gitmo is absolutely necessary because it is a slap in the face of one of the foundations of what makes America a shining example of democratic freedom... namely basic human rights i.e the right to a fair trial, the right to representation, a respect for international law etc etc These principles are designed to protect the innocent, and ultimately an abuse of law, or legal procedure. The people held are gitmo are not nice innocent people, but Obama is not talking about setting them lose on the street.. he is talking about closing an immoral institution, setting trials, charging and punishing the guilty as necessary, and holding them somewhere appropriate. He has given himself 120 days to figure out how to do this legally. Why on earth would you not be happy with this mode of decision making???

Yooperkat - you seriously need to wake up. You cannot lump the 63m people who voted for Obama under your 'liberal' umbrella, and refer to anyone who disagrees with you as a flower planting gay. Who are you to define what is moral and what is not? And, have you ever even been to Amsterdam? Probably not. I have been many times, and I can tell you that it is a fine city, with much culture and beauty. The pot smoking and prostition are no more common than in America, except that it is better managed, and incorporated into people's lives as realistic. And as for the 'Arab' garbage you keep spewing.. I have also been to many countries within the middle east, all of which have taught me that people are people regardless of where they are from. Unfortunately, you have picked up on the nasty stereotypes of middle eastern extremists and taken that as the norm.. I can asure you that it is not. The countries I have visited were very friendly to westeners, spoke very highly of American and British culture, and don't agree with terrorist acts anymore than you and I.

Obama is not going to live up to certain expectations.. nobody could. But he does embody the basic foundations that should be a standard preriquisite to being President.. intelligent, democratic, diplomatic, visionary, pragmatic, and inspiring. He may get many things wrong, and he will certainly make mistakes and bad decisions, but he certainly has the capability of being a great President, and he should be given the chance. If you want to drone on about morals..his ethics review and briefing should be something you support, no?

Last edited by Mag3.14; 01-24-2009 at 04:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections